Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Partnership ❯ Chapter 19

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo.


-Telepathy-


(Thoughts)


Chapter 19


Jas finally came out the house, looking plainly miserable. Tenchi ran over to him when he saw him.


"Is something wrong? Everyone is leaving." Jas's only reply was a nod, and then he walked to an open area of the yard and disappeared, teleporting to his ship.


Later that night everyone but Ryoko sat in the living room, to upset to do anything.


"I can't see why Ryoko would cancel the wedding just for that," said Ayeka.


"Think about," said Kione, "Would you want to marry a man that was related to her?"


"I guess not," Ayeka answered. They all went to bed soon after, none of there moods had changed. Ryoko was in her own room, flooded with mixed emotions.


(Why didn't Jas ever tell me? If he had told me that this probably never would have happened.) She sobbed into her pillow until she cried herself to sleep. She slept late the next morning and left with Kione and Mihoshi later that day.


"Are you okay Ryoko?" Kione asked when she walked into the room she had aloud Ryoko to stay in on the way to HQ.


"I don't know," she answered hoarsely. Kione sighed and left the room.


ooo


It had been nearly a month since the break-up, and neither Jas nor Ryoko were any better. Every time they passed each other in the halls or made accidental eye contact they would have to go somewhere private to recover. On her last pass by, Ryoko had to go to her room her heart hurt so badly.


(I can't keep doing this,) she thought. She held her head and closed her eyes, letting the tears fall freely down her cheeks.


A memory flared in her mind, Jas and Ryoko sat in her room on Nigami.


Jas had said, "Thank you, for accepting me into your life."


"I love you Jas, I wouldn't have said yes if I hadn't," she had answered.


"I know. Ryoko, I know this is a lot to ask you, but after we do get married, can we start a family?"


Ryoko was surprised at the question, "You want to?" she had asked him.


"Yes."


"I guess, but not right away, fair enough?"


He looked down into her eyes, "Fair enough," he had answered, and then kissed her.


Ryoko winced at the memory; her heart ached even more for him. (What should I do? Will he take me back, or did the break-up cause him to change his mind about me?) She wouldn't know unless she asked him. She went onto the computer that was in every officer's room and check to see if he was still there. The computer said he was boarding Nigami. Ryoko raced out of her room and headed for the docking bay, if she couldn't ask him now, she might not be able to again.


ooo


Jas walked onto Nigami, the pass by had given him a pounding headache. As he stood there and massaged his temples he sensed someone come onto Nigami, but didn't bother to look and who it was.


"Jas." He whipped around to see Ryoko. She was breathing hard like she had been running.


"Ryoko?" She walked up to him, eyes full of pain. "What is it?" In one fluid motion they embraced, they slumped to the floor, too weak to hold themselves up. Ryoko cried into his shoulder, unable to control her self anymore.


"I'm sorry," she sobbed, "I never meant for this to happen. Every time I saw you I felt my heart tear."


"I felt the same," he replied. He let Ryoko cry until she stopped. "What made you changer your mind?"


"I remembered something, you had just proposed to me a few days ago and we sat on Nigami together, then you asked me if we could start a family, I remembered the promise I made to you. It wasn't just that, I knew if I went on like this that I wouldn't last, I need you Jas, you mean to much to me to let go."


The words made all the pain Jas felt disappear, including his headache. He pulled her away so he could look at her, and then kissed her. Ryoko was surprised, she hadn't kissed him in over a month and this kiss took her breath away. She gasped when he broke the kiss. "Are you all right?" he asked.


"Yes, I'm fine." He smiled and kissed her again, holding her as close as he could. Tears flowed from Ryoko's eyes, tears that she wanted to let go since the break-up, and then hung in his grip, to tired to do anything else. Jas picked her up and carried her to her room. He laid her on her bed, kissed her once, and left her alone.