Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Princess ❯ Chapter 1 ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Perfect Princess Chapter 1: Obey thy Father
Lady Sapphire ( SilverCat56@yahoo.com)

*****

Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi Muyo characters. They belong to...uhhhh...whoever created them.

*****

"Thy face is both a window to the soul, and a mask to the soul; you show what you want"

*****

I quietly closed my diary after writing that small poem, and sighed. It was a sad sigh, one that makes an on-looker wonder 'What could be so wrong in this persons life?'
If anyone had come up here and watched me over the past few days, they would have noticed I do that a lot; these little sighs of mine.
I know that here on earth, living with the Masaki family, that they actually care about me...but sometimes I wonder if it is all fake, like a mask. Like the mask I always wear to hide my emotions. I know the people here care; it is my father that I wonder about.

Especially my Father.

The only thing he wants out of me is for me to marry a rich prince from some galaxy and produce a male heir ---he would prefer the prince to be Jurain, that way my children will be fully Jurain.

"Ayeka! Breakfast is ready!" Oh, sweet little Sasami. If it wasn't for the fact that she would get all my responsibilities, I would give all of this up --- the castles, the rules, manners, EVERYTHING.

I made my way down to a scene that I have grown quite used to; Kiyone yelling at Mihoshi for something, Ryoko flirting with lord Tenchi, and Sasami bringing the food out of the kitchen.

Quietly, I took my seat, and everyone began eating. I slowly nibbled at my food; for some reason I felt that today, something bad would happen. But I had not the slightest clue as to what.

During the meal we all got a great surprise. Washu actually came out of her lab!

"Ayeka, you have a call from your father. he sounds pretty urgent."

I stood, quickly regaining my composure. Sasami stood and also followed.

"Greetings Emperor of the Jurain Empire. We thank you for the honor of your time. May I ask why you have called?" Was the solemn greeting that came from me once we reached the console where the call was received.

Father grunted at the greeting. "Your manners are getting rusty daughter. It is not surprising, since you insist on staying on that backwater primitive planet. That is why I have called. You and Sasami are going to return to Jurai. The ship has already left; and it will be there tomorrow."
I bowed my head, willing the tears not to come. "Ye- Yes father...of course...we will be ready."
He grunted again, and the communication was shut off.
A small sigh escaped my lips, I did not want to return to Jurai. Behind me, I heard Sasami crying, and Washu was probably trying to calm her down.
After a few minutes, I stood, having stayed in my curtsying position the whole time, and turned to face Sasami and Washu.

"He wants you to return to Jurai, doesn't he?" She said in her child-like voice, even though she was MUCH older than any of us in the house.
"Yes, both Sasami and I are to return; he has already sent the ship."
She nodded, green eyes filled with a certain understanding. "Are you going to tell the others?"
I hesitated, and looked at Sasami, who had calmed down. I thought about how much this would hurt her, having to leave behind the friends that she has made here.
"Yes, I will have to tell them - but not now. I will tell them tonight, at dinner." I then walked out of the room, so that I might hide the tears that were threatening to fall.

***Upstairs...

It has been almost three hours since my 'father' called, and I had not stopped crying since I reached my room. The only one who had come up here was Sasami, to check on me and she would sit with me, hoping to calm me down.
I looked up when a knocking came from the door. Sasami poked her head in.
"Is something wrong Sasami?" I sat up, drying my eyes.
"I just came to tell you that lunch is ready...or do you want me to bring it up to you?"
I shook my head. "No, that is okay. I will be down in a few minutes. Just give me a few minutes.
"Okay."

***

"Well, where has her Majesty been all day? I hope she hasn't been trying to take Tenchi away from me." I heard Ryoko say as I walked down the stairs. I suppose she didn't know I was standing there, and had heard her. Normally, I would have snapped out a retort, but I did not have the energy to get into another argument with the space pirate.
In my normal princess fashion, I came down the stairs and walked into the dining room. "Ah, so there she is. Where have you been? Me and Tenchi have been having a great time, now haven't we Tenchi?" At this comment, she put her arms around Tenchi's neck, trying to kiss him. I have grown used to this act, and do not bother to respond.
Without an answer to her taunt, I sat down. "Miss Ryoko, I am not in any mood to deal with you flirtations with Tenchi, or you taunts towards me."
She looked as if she was ready to say something back, but she said nothing, and, surprisingly, took her arms off of Tenchi, and sat in the chair like a normal person.
Lunch was quiet, and there was hardly any conversation. After we were all finished, everyone went back to their chores.
The day went by quietly, with nothing out of the usual happening.

Once I had finished my chores, I went up to the room I share with Sasami, to start packing my things. I wasn't finished packing everything when supper was ready. The only things that weren't packed were the things we would need for the next day...to go back to Jurai. We are probably being called back to Jurai so that I can be married off to a prince of a foreign prince, just as my father wants. Then I would be out of his hair.

I went down to supper. The conversation was light and cheery, and everyone seemed happy. The only ones who weren't in cheery moods were Tenchi, Sasami, Washu, and myself.
Finally, the time came to break the news. Slowly, hesitantly, I stood, so that the others would be able to hear me.

"Excuse me, I need to make an announcement." I paused, just long enough to make sure they were all paying attention.
"This morning, I received a call from my father on Jurai. He has informed me that both Sasami and I are to return to Jurai tomorrow. He has already sent the ship out to take us back to Jurai. I would like to thank you all for allowing us to stay in your home." I sat back down to silence, because all the others were to stunned to say anything.
"Wh- why are you leaving?" Tenchi managed to stutter out after a few minutes.
"Father did not give me a reason, but it has something to do with this planet."
Mihoshi looked ready to start crying; but I did not blame her. "When are you suppose to leave?"
"Tomorrow. Now, if you will all excuse me, I am very tired, and would like to get some sleep before the ship arrives. We will both have a long journey." I got up and headed towards the stairs, but stopped to turn to Sasami. "Thank you for the delicious meal Sasami. And when you are finished, come up to bed, so that you will not be tired for in the morning." I bowed to everyone at the table, then went to my room.

TBC in "Perfect Princess, Chapter 2: Be on thy way, little ones"