Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Princess ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 16 - Epilogue

Ashli seemed to watch me for a while,; she seemed to be deciding on what to say next.

"Ayeka…it seems you have a visitor." Not knowing what she was talking about, I gave her a quizzical look.

Cosmos nodded his head to something behind me. As I turned around, I saw what she meant. Tenchi was standing there, escorted by Sailor Comet.

The blue-haired Knight walked by me to go sit on the ground by Ashli and the other Knights. Unlike her Empress, she was in her Knight fuku rather than the long Court gowns. Her fuku was the same design as Ashli's, but instead of the royal purple and ice blue, Comet had two different shades of silver.
The boys suits were different however. Their suit was a simple one piece 'catsuit', what was the tiara on girls was a simple headband on the boys - it still consisted of the stone in the middle. The coloring on the boys costumes were on the sleeves and pants legs.

"He wanted to come out to find you. Ashli told me she and the others were going to go walking in the gardens, and I thought Tenchi might run into you. So I came out here with him, wanting to get away from the Court chatter." Comet spoke up, explaining herself.

Sapphire, who had found her own way out there, stretched across her mistress's feet.

After a moment of silence, Tenchi spoke again.

"Ayeka, if you would…would you come take a walk with me?" He looked so uncertain at that moment…so…shy.

I looked at him, then back to Ashli. She smiled and simply nodded, but that was all the encouragement I needed.

I looked back over to Tenchi and nodded. "Alright. Lets go."

****

"So…what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, breaking the silence that had come between us. It had been that way since we left Ashli and her little entourage back at the benches.

Tenchi looked at me a moment, then took my hand and led me on down the path, not saying a thing until we stopped at a large lake surrounded by trees.

"Tenchi? Whats going on?"

He held his hand behind his neck. After a moment, he sighed and looked at me.

Looking Back
To the days that passed

"Ayeka… you know we all think of you and Sasami as part of our family; along with Kiyone, Mihoshi, and the others don't you?"

I nodded, confused about the whole thing.

"We are going back to Earth in a day or two…and my question is…are you going to come with us?"

I never took notice
Of how much you meant to me

I sat still, shocked at the sudden question. I looked around, not knowing what to say… ever since I had been on Earth, I had begun to think of it as home…the planet is beautiful… but I've come to realize something.

But when you were gone
It was then I realized

"Tenchi…I can't go back with you."

He looked at me, shocked. "Wh- why?"

I got up, and walked a few steps away, then stopped; my back towards Tenchi.

How much you meant to me
Now, even though you are gone

"Tenchi, in the time that I had been on earth, I had begun to think of Earth as my home, and everyone - from your grandfather to Ryoko - as my second family. But, in coming back to Jurai, I've realized something I missed when I was on Earth."

I hope you keep me close to you
No matter how near of far you are

I paused for a moment, waiting for any kind of reply. Since none came, I continued.

I'll always remember you
And hope I never lose you

"What I realized, Tenchi, is that I can go to any planet, and make it my home. Even though I care deeply for all of you, I have a responsibility and duty to Jurai that I cannot run away from. No matter how hard I try to change who I am…its still there. I did try to run from it Tenchi. This experience here has made me realize that. The best thing I can do is to stay here, and care for my people - my Empire."

Destiny may lead us elsewhere
But I have a feeling, you will be there

"Ayeka-"

I turned to him now. Holding up a hand, I continued, "Please, don't interrupt me yet. I'm not finished. Even though I realize my responsibility, I am the First Crowned Princess of Jurai, heir to the throne. I am, in public, to the eyes of the people, a Perfect Princess. That, in itself, is part of my destiny. I make the rest. I will stay here, and try to learn everything from my parents and Aunt about ruling as I can.
"Sasami does not have this destiny to fulfill. She is something more. Please, take care of her."

No matter what the price
No matter what the trail may bring

Tenchi stared at me for a moment, his face clouded with many different emotions, from sadness to uncertainty.

I will be with you.
Through the stars, through anything that can be

Finally, he smiled. "If that is what you want Ayeka." He came up to me, and embraced me as if to be sure this is what I wanted. "Maybe the others and I will come by to see you, or you can always come to Earth."

Let there be no uncertainty
I'll be there when you need me,

I nodded.

**** Days later…

Watching from were I was standing, Ryo-ohki took off from the landing pad. I waved, trying to keep the tears from flowing. Mother came beside me and put a comforting arm around me. Ashli and her Knights stood off in a group not far off, also waving good luck to those who were leaving. Ashli glanced in my direction, and came over as well.

"May the Stars watch over them."

No matter what it takes.

I look back now,
Wishing I had said what I didn't -
Now I will never know the truth,
For you are to far gone.

Whatever the life you now lead,
I hope it is what you always wanted,
For I know the life I have now,
Will never be the one we could have had
Together.

______________________________________________________________________

Well, there it is! I hope all of you who read "Perfect Princess - Finding Truths" enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. With all the characters that were in here, I am putting a 'Cast of Characters' up, this will include all the characters, created and from the show, and the places/things.

I hope everyone is looking forward to the next story in the Perfect Princess trilogy.
"Perfect Princess - Sasami's Trial" (possibly to be renamed)

"Perfect Princess - Sasami's Trial

I woke up as I always did, about sunrise so that I could get breakfast going. This is usually a long time before the others wake up, because they do a lot more work than I do. Ryo-ohki stirred at the end of my bed, which had been put in after we got back from Jurai.

Whenever I had woken up in this room before, Ayeka would be here… since she stayed on Jurai, its been lonely. We used to stay up after everyone else was asleep and talk about everything…

I quickly took out the cooking things I would need to make breakfast; Ryo-ohki always stayed off to the side while I got what I needed.

As I was getting a large frying pan, a pain suddenly shot up my whole body - I heard someone screaming, but barely recognized the voice as mine.

The frying pan clattered to the ground, and I grabbed my head, trying to stop the pain.