Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Tenchi Destiny ❯ The child’s emotions ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3: The child's emotions.
 
~~~Tenchi's POV~~~
It has been at least a week since I knocked Ryoko off the love list. She and Ayeka went missing after that. I have not seen them since. Sasami become organized and went back to life as usual. She seems fine.
 
Anyway, I was cleaning the garden when I heard some rustling off bushes. I starred at the spot I heard the noise. It became quite. I decided I should forget it. The sun shone down a beautiful radiance on top of me as I swept the yard. It was hot. I rubbed the sweat from my head and sighed. I was still deciding whom I wanted, though I knew who I was going to kick off the list. She was blonde, a bit clumsy and childish. Do you know whom I mean? Well, if not you will find out. Anyway, I finished sweeping and went to practice my fighting style with grandpa.
 
I got to the shrine and waited for my grandfather to get ready. He took his time. Eventually he was ready and we went to the usual training spot. Here there were small logs. They were thin and hard to get your footing on. They were not thin enough to go through my foot, but they hurt a lot. Anyway, my training went like so. I would jump from log to log whilst keeping another log in the air with my wooden sword. It was very difficult but I got used to it.
 
After the training it was dark, it was time to take out the next girl. I walked down the shrine stairs towards the house. I saw her outside the house. I walked over and stood next to Mihoshi.
“Hi, Mihoshi.” I said. She blinked hopelessly.
“Hi.” She replied.
“Uh, Mihoshi. I have to tell you… you are not the one I love.” I said.
“WHAT!!!” She yelled out. She began to cry the way she always did. I walked inside and went to my room.
 
~~~Ryoko and Ayeka's POV~~~
Ryoko and Ayeka watched as Tenchi walked into the house. Ryoko whispered to Ayeka.
“3… 2… 1… Go!” Both the girls ran up to and captured Mihoshi.
“Ahh! What are you doing?” Mihoshi yelled…
 
Mihoshi found herself upside down in a tree held up by a rope.
“So, Mihoshi… What do you have that I don't, huh? Why would Tenchi love you more than me?” Ryoko asked.
“What?” Mihoshi asked.
“Lord Tenchi was here. We believe he choose you.” Ayeka said.
“No, no… you have it all wrong. Tenchi turned me down like you two.” Mihoshi explained, fearing her life.
“Question is why let us down before you?” Ryoko asked.
“I don't know.” Mihoshi said.
“Well, we'll leave you there for a while. See if you attitude changes.” Ryoko said, walking towards the house. Ayeka followed.
“You guys are mean, don't leave me here!” Mihoshi said crying.
 
She was in the tree for three whole hours.
“I… think my bloods getting to my brain.” Mihoshi said. Suddenly she fell and crashed on the ground. She looked up to see a small figure around Sasami's size. “Oh, thank you, thank you. I was so worried I…” Mihoshi saw her saviour. “It… it's you…”
 
~~~Sasami's POV~~~
I was in the kitchen as usual. I was cooking dinner for everyone, but I did not feel like putting much effort into it. I know the others will be disappointed. Ayeka walked in and over to the side where she placed a box on the table. She said it was for me from her. I opened it and there was only a piece of paper in it. It said, “forgive me.” This really angered me. I turned around to face her.
“Is this it?” I asked, angrily.
“Why, yes it is Sasami. What's wrong?” She asked me.
“What's wrong? You give me a box with a piece of paper in it asking forgiveness. I wanted to forgive you, but only if you asked yourself. However, you do not have the common curtsy to tell me yourself. Take you stupid box, I don't forgive you.” I yelled throwing the box at her feet. I resumed my cooking a saw in the reflection of the stove as Ayeka bent down to pick up the box. She stood up, I saw her hair was covering her eyes.
“I see.” She said. “Then I'll have to try harder, won't I Sasami.” I watched as she walked out. Ryo-ohki looked up at me from the floor and meowed.
“Maybe I was a little to hard on her.” I said to her.
 
I finished dinner a little later than the usual time; I looked outside to see Mihoshi crying. However, was she crying cause she was sad or happy. Tenchi was there so she might be happy. I nearly cried. I walked outside.
“Tenchi… dinner's ready.” I said.
“Ok Sasami, be right there. Mihoshi, please… don't take it too seriously.” He said.
 
Ok, she is not the chosen one, there is hope… what am I thinking… no there isn't. Ayeka was right. I wouldn't get Tenchi if my life depended on it. I walked towards the stairs. Tenchi looked at me.
“Aren't you going to eat Sasami.” He asked me.
“I'm not very hungry.” I said. My voice was croaky and lame… as if I was about to cry. I walked to my room not wanting to prove my sadness.
 
Nevertheless, Tenchi would not choose me, sad or not. I had no hope in the matter.