Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Guardian and The Demon ❯ Gems ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Guardian And The Demon

 

          Disclaimer: I don't own Tenchi or Tamora Piece characters HAVE MERCY!

         &nb sp;                           Chapter 2

 

            Ryoko teleported to the house and entered Washu's lab. "Washu, where are you?" She asked, and felt a presence enter her mind. *Ryoko, I'm in the aquarium, hurry up every one is waiting for you. *

            *What's that supposed to mean Washu?…Washu!? Damn… * Ryoko teleported to the aquarium, where she found Tenchi waiting with Washu typing on her computer. "What gives Washu, is something wrong?" Tenchi asked.

            " Depends, did you bring the Tenchi-ken like I asked?"

            "Yes."

            "Good, now Tenchi, I want you to give Ryoko her gems back."

            Ryoko held out her hands mutely as Tenchi prayed for the gems to return to her.

            "Ryoko, come with me, you can leave now Tenchi."

            "But Little Washu.."

            "I said GO, I need to speak to Ryoko alone. Ryoko come with me."

Ryoko began to follow Washu, and looked back over her shoulder at Tenchi. His expression was one of surprise, worry, and confusion. He looked at Ryoko and gave her a comforting smile, before walking out the door that appeared next to him.

Ryoko turned back to see her mother waiting for her at another door that had appeared, and walked inside. 

The room was dimly lit, light enough just to see by. Ryoko saw a table with metal straps on it, and a machine next to it that looked like the machine Washu had used on her. She backed up, and instinctively went into a battle position, straining her senses for the slightest bit of movement that would lead to an attack.

Washu watched as her daughter went into a defensive stance, he face lined with worry. This was not what she wanted to happen.

"Ryoko, calm down I'm not going to strap you to any of the machines you see here, these are here for another reason, I'll tell you why if you would just relax."

Ryoko stared at her mother with suspicion. "Like I'm going to believe that. How can you prove you won't try to experiment on me like you did after I fused with Zero?"

 Washu sighed; she could tell this wasn't going to be easy. "First let me explain what I have been trying to tell you from the start, then you can decide if you wan to go through with it or not, understand?"

Ryoko stared at Washu for what seemed like eternity, but was actually only a few minutes. She didn't really want to argue with Washu right now, only get out of her damn lab and find a solution to her 'journey' problem. She sighed and nodded her head, and began to listen to Washu's request.

"I know that you have been having dreams about Ibara, and not just from our link. I have been feeling your emotions or him as well. You feel guilty, confused, sadness, even love, this only being the tip of the iceberg. I've been looking into your dreams; have seen you dreaming of him. But what had really concerned me is that I am feeling the same energy the Nameless Tree used to contact you, only its not the Nameless Tree's doing.

I also know about the flashbacks you've been having, about the people you met on the Soja. How you have been trying to find a way to see them again now that Kagato is dead. Ryoko, the reason I brought you here is because I want to help you. You have to leave, from what I have seen; staying here will drive you insane with the dreams and flashbacks until you leave. Do you understand me?"

Washu put a little pressure on the link to make sure Ryoko knew she wasn't kidding. Ryoko herself was shocked, and she knew that Washu was serious about the whole thing, no question about it. But she was still confused; what did any of this have to do with her gems?

As if she used the link, Washu answered Ryoko's unspoken question.

"The reason I had Tenchi give the gems back, and the reason I brought you here, is because I have found a way for the gems to become a part of you, so that no one can take them away from you, or use them against you. They would be reverted into a pure state of energy that will stay inside you and can't be taken away. If you let me do this, the power of the gems will become as much a part of you as your own blood and bone, a part of your spirit."

"But if you do this, he task that I will have to put you through will be extremely long and painful. Once you decide to do it, you can't back out of it. Understand?"

Washu stared at Ryoko right in the eye's her eyes full of seriousness but responsibility. Ryoko returned her stare with equal emotion in her eyes, while she began to think about her options and problems that she was now burdened with.

She had a choice to either stay or leave Earth, and although she wanted to stay, it would lead her to insanity with her dreams and memories. Or, she could leave Earth, and find out the meaning of her dreams, and fulfill the promise she gave the strange people she had met so long ago.

Not only that, but she had the opportunity to make the gems a true part of her, that way no one could take them from her again. But that also meant that she would have to undergo a 'trial' of pain and endurance that would last who knew how long, but still…she had suffered far worst under Kagato's reign, hadn't she?

Ryoko sighed, she had made her choices and no matter what happened, she couldn't and wouldn't change them. "I'll do it."

Washu smiled at her daughter. "Okay then, let us start, but whatever happens, you have to trust me, don't fight or you may very well get us both killed." With that, Washu snapped her fingers, and the machine with the robotic arms came to life.

In a flash, Ryoko was stripped down to nothing but her braw and underwear, the strange gem with the flame inside hanging around her neck. Ryoko was held in the air while two of the robotic arms took hold of her arms, while two more took hold of her legs.

 Ryoko felt panic rise in her in her chest, and resisted the urge to destroy the machine. Three oddly shaped machines suddenly appeared, each centering itself right in front of her gems. They began to glow, and suddenly Ryoko felt an intense wave of pain wash over her.

She did her best to stifle a yelp, and just barely succeeded. The next wave of pain washed over her, more agonizing then the first. Ryoko gasped in pain, and did her best to prepare herself for the next wave.

                                    Meanwhile…

Tenchi had just come out of the lab, trying to figure what was going on. Both of the Hakubi women had been acting strangely, but he couldn't figure out what had caused it or why. He began to head to the stairs when Sasami came running to him with a quivering ball of fur, worry and panic filled her face.

"Tenchi Tenchi!! Something's wrong with Ryo-oh-ki!! I was preparing lunch for everyone when Ryo-chan began yowling and screaming and thrashing about, then she just froze and curled up into a ball and began trembling. I can't figure out what's wrong with her. Do you know where Washu or Ryoko is? Maybe they can figure out what's wrong with her."

Tenchi looked at the small princess/goddess before him, sympathy replacing the confusion from earlier. "I'm sorry Sasami, but something tells me that Washu doesn't want to be disturbed right now. She just kicked me out of the lab, and sadly, Ryoko is with her. Maybe we can find something that can help Ryo-oh-ki get back to normal."

Tenchi began to lead the sobbing child in to the kitchen, while half of his mind began went back to try and figure out what was happening that would make Hakubi's act so strangely.

They went into the kitchen and found Ayeka staring off into space, oblivious of their arrival. She stood leaning against the counter stirring some tea, when she looked up at them with surprise. Sasami ran into her sister's arms, trying to find the comfort she couldn't find in Tenchi's hold.

"Sasami, what's wrong, why are you crying?"

Sasami's only response was to cry harder into her sister's kimono, letting Tenchi explain what was happening. Tenchi was about to tell Ayeka about Ryo-oh-ki when the cabbit suddenly uncurled from her protective ball and began to meow weakly. 

The small princess raised her head at the sound, and quickly ran to her furry friend, picking her up and cuddling her gently. Tenchi looked at Ayeka, "What ever it was, it's over now. Maybe Ryoko or Washu will know what was wrong when they get out of the lab."

Ayeka nodded her head, and with a brief glance at her sister, headed for the couch. Sasami went back into the kitchen and Tenchi went upstairs to his room.

                        …………….In the lab…………

Ryoko was now screaming her lungs out. The pain had intensified past that of even Kagato's beatings. It was worse then the Tenchi-ken electrocuting her. The worst part of it all was that she was still conscious. She just wanted to fall into unconsciousness so she wouldn't feel the pain anymore, but she was still awake.

She risked a look at one of her gems. It was glowing in a wight light that hurt to look at. She quickly looked away from it. She looked at the gem hanging around her neck. The fire inside seemed to be burning as much as the pain she felt inside her. The fire was so… beautiful that it was hypnotic. She stared into it, and felt the pain begin to vanish. She kept staring at it and didn't notice the gems glow and disappear, nor did she notice the machine holding her lower her to the ground. All she noticed was that when she touched the ground, she quickly drifted into the land of unconsciousness.

Washu watched as her daughter screamed in pain. It tore her heart that she couldn't stop or lessen the pain she was feeling. She watched as her daughter glanced at the gem on her right wrist, then look at the gem hanging around her neck. Washu watched in confusion as Ryoko stopped her screams and slowly calm down. Washu walked over to where her daughter was hanging and tried to speak to her. Ryoko ignored her and stayed in the trance she was in. Se glanced at the gem and remembered how Ryoko came to hold such a unique item.

Flashback:

14-year-old Ryoko was alone with Kagato's guests. The small red haired woman took something off from around her neck and handed it to the young demon summoner. The people with her gasped in shock.

 The hansom black haired man began to speak. "Alanna, why are you giving that to her? That was given to you by the Great Mother Herself!"

The red head, Alanna replied, "Jon, the Mother Goddess came to me, she told me that I would meet someone who needed this more then I do." She turned to Ryoko, "and that person is you. You are now under the watchful eye of one of the most powerful goddesses on our planet. Take good care of it, and don't let that bastard Kagato see it. He'll most likely think it's something from this Tsunami that I've heard of, understand?"

Ryoko put the gem around her neck and stared at every one of the people. Then she quickly gave Alanna a hug a stepped back. Alanna gave he a crooked smile and turned to her companions. Each one came over and gave Ryoko their goodbyes in their own fashion.

Alanna stared at Ryoko one last time, and said. "Once you're free from this bastard, come to our planet and we can all celebrate, okay?"

Ryoko nodded as her eyes began to fill with tears as she watched her first friends leave. She began to fit each name with the right face so she would always remember them: Alanna, the red haired knight, Jonathan, the handsome blacked haired king of Tortall, Thayte, Jonathan's wife, the beautiful tall woman with long black hair and black eye's. Numair, the powerful black robe mage who resembled a stork, and his lover Daine, the youngest of the group, the woman with brown hair and cloudy blue eye's with the strange energy.

Ryoko watched as they disappeared into the ship outside of the Soja and flew off. (I know I know, how the hell did Alanna and the gang get a space ship? I will tell that story after I finish this one. =P)

End Flashback

Washu sighed at the memory and focused on her daughter. Ryoko was out of the trance she was in and looking tiredly at Washu. She gave her a weak grin before slowly getting up. Washu was about to protest with how tired her daughter was when Ryoko hugged her. Washu froze, and forgot what she was about to say, as her eye's filled with tears and she returned the embrace.

"Come on, lets get you to bed, you need to recover your energy for your journey." Was all Washu said. Ryoko just nodded and followed her mother to a bed that appeared. Ryoko crawled on top of it and was asleep as soon as she lay down.