Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Princess and the Demon ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: As usual...i don't own blah...blah...blah (you get it don't you?)


[Chapter 7]


It was almost like her dream is coming True. After that incident in the forest, The princess have been very frinedly to her. The princess would make extra effort to find time with her, even though the princess could not see her. But in the two weeks that have passed after their shared dinner at her personal dining area, The princess seemed to be a lot more happier and accepting of her, not as demon but as her friend. And this warms the heart of Ryoko.

"You know, even if she chose to stay here, it won't do. She have to love you back" The beautiful demoness Tara said as she showed herself to the lying Ryoko

Ryoko rolled her eyes up then sitted herself. "Your not going to give me this happy thought freely noh?" she ask smiling

Tara smiled as well, "Well...." she giggled

"You giggle well for a demoness, you know that?" Ryoko stood up

Tara waved her hand in the air and a book appeared in her hand, "I wan't you to give this to the princess. It's a gift from me"

"Why would you give her a gift? Is that a trap or something?" Ryoko said as she turned herself to the demoness

"No" Tara still smiling, "I'm just so glad your happy, i thought of giving her a present"

Ryoko went near Tara and took the book, "So whats inside? Can i read it?"

"No! It's not yours, it's for the princess. Besides it's a fairytale story, you would not like it"

"A fairytale story? And when did you have such a book? demoness never read a book that ends with a 'and they live happily ever after' sort of thing!"

"I'm not your regular demoness Ryoko... i fell in love you remember?"

Ryoko just look at Tara then turned her back to the demoness, "Yeah...will i ever forget?" her tone is sad, she let her shoulder fall

"I'm so...."

"Don't say your sorry, you can't do anything about it anyway, and-"

"Ryoko"

"I've forgiven you already. If not i won't be talking with you, nor give this fairytale book of yours to Ayeka"

Tara approach Ryoko and slip her arms around Ryoko's waist, "I'll try my best to help Ryoko. I wan't to see you happy" Tara said as she placed her chin on Ryoko's back.

Ryoko held Tara's hands, nodded then pull Tara's hug away from her, "Thank you Tara" Ryoko pulled away from Tara and faced the demoness, "you better leave now, i have to see the princess...we'll have our breakfast together."

Tara nodded and teleported away.

____ -- -- - - --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

"It is a lovely breakfast! Washu have outdone herself again!" Praised ayeka as she finish her last spoonful of food, then wiping her mouth with a clean, warm damped cloth, "do you cook like her?"

Ryoko laugh. "I wish to cook like her but i didn't have the chance to be taught." Ryoko laugh again, "How about you? do you how to cook?"

Ryoko saw Ayeka nod timidly, "but mothers won't let me try"

"Why not?"

"I thik they don't like my style of cooking, they like Sasami's cooking rather than mine"

"Why is that?"

"I tend to put on more spices. I don't like my cooking too" Ayeka blushed as she admits how she hate her own cooking

Ryoko laugh and shook her head as if being seen by the princess, "You should try sometime to cook, i'll be the judge."

Ayeka look at the dark part where she could hear Ryoko's voice, "You mean it? you'll try my cooking?"

"yes"

Ayeka's face beamed with delight, "Then i'll cook my favorite!"

Ryoko thought 'hell, if i end up being posioned? doesn't matter, as long as she's happy i'll do it...i'll die anyway' then smiled at herself, "I guess i have to starve myself so i can eat to the fullest?"

Ayeka shook her head, "I don't want you getting weak by not eating."

"ooooow" ryoko saw ayeka giggle at her remark, "You look lovely when you do that"

"Do what?" Ayeka ask as she slowly stop from giggling. "Do what Ryoko?"

Ryoko smiled, "that" pointing her finger on Ayekas face, as if the princess could see

"You know you should say the meaning of 'that' because if your pointing, i cannot see to where you are pointing" Ayeka explained smiling

Ryoko just smiled, "Oh! I almost forgot!"

"What?"

"Here" Ryoko slid the book Tara gave her to Ayeka, "A friend of mine wants you to have this"

Ayeka took the book from the table, "A friend? Yosho or Tenchi?"

"None of the above"

"You have other friends? I'm sure it does not come from me"

"I have other friend mind you"

"when did your friend arrive? I didn't notice anyone around except for us?"

"This morning Princess. She gave that to me personally, and ask me to give it to you"

"She? then she....she can see you? i mean she can look at you?"

no answer

"Ryoko?"

"Yes princess. She is the only one who could look at me"

Ayeka became silent. She is not sure but she feel a little bit of jealousy. Perhaps because she is not allowed to see someone she thought no one can see and yet here is one woman who can be the only exception to the rule,and that woman is not her, and to think she is the crowned princess of Jurai. "Why?" she ask

Ryoko could visualize Ayeka's expression. Her face and eyes match a bothered emotion. Something is bothering her princess, "Ayeka...i...i'm sorry i didn't get your question?"

"It's a simple question Ryoko...why?"

Ryoko kept silent

"Why can she see you and not.......Washu, or Yosho or Tenchi or.....me" the word me were said in a whisper, but Ryoko's hearing can still hear the word

"I...i wish i could say princess....but i'm sorry, i can't"

Ayeka focus her eyes on the dark spot where ryoko is sitting, "Another rule..." She slowly get up from where she is sitting, holding in her arms the book Ryoko gave her, "Ryoko...thank you for the book, thank her for the gift...this is quite thick, i think i should start reading" She then slowly walk away from the dining table, "I had a very lovely breakfast" then she finally reach the door, open it and walk out

'I had a lovely breakfast too Ayeka' Ryoko thought as she look at her princess walk out of her dining area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------

It was after dinner when Princess Ayeka closed the book she is reading, her brows furrowed, face contorted, "what kind of a book that have no ending? it's not even an open ended ending, the author of this book is crazy for making such, and to think there are lots of blank...." Ayeka's eyes widened, then she thought 'blank pages....blank pages in a book? how come there are blank pages in this book..it is npot a book then...perhaps...." Ayeka once again opened the book she tossed on her bed, then look for copyrights, or certain things about the author, but found none, 'could this be a diary? But if it is...why would Ryoko's friend give it to me? Why?' Ayeka shook her head as she tried hard to correlate the diary to her, or to anything that is related to her, 'i don't get it' as she said this, she stifle a yawn and stretch her arms, 'i'm sleepy...got to go to bed' Ayeka slowly slid herself to her bed for comfort, she pull her matress up to her chest as she lay on her side facing the open balcony door, she close her eyes and start to drift into the night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------

Late in the night, Ayeka was awaken by a light knock on her door, then the heard the creaking sound of her door as it slowly opens. Ayeka stiffened as she realize that someone have come in, as she could hear breathing. She did not move from her position, fearing that it might be Ryoko and she might accidentally see her face, then the person softly talks

"Princess"

Indeed it was Ryoko, Ayeka close her eyes tight,

"I'm sorry to barge in...i know your still awake, so don't turn around and don't open your eyes."

"why are you here?" Ayeka ask trying to hide the fear in her voice

"I...i wanted to say sorry, about this morning....about the rules...i hope you-"

"Ryoko...please" Ayeka felt sorry for Ryoko, it is not her fault that there are rules, and its bad of her to make ryoko feel it is her fault, "I'm sorry for making you feel it is your fault, but its not and i realized that..."

"Then...your not mad at me?" Ayeka could hear the sudden change of Ryoko's voice'

"I'm not"

"Good...then i can sleep, i can't sleep thinking-"

"Can you sleep here? with me tonight?"Ayeka found the courage to ask, Ryoko did not answer, but she did not move from where she stands, "I promise not to look at your face, i won't peek"

Then Ayeka felt her bed move. Then she felt the movement to come closer to her, she shuts her eyes closer and harder this time. She can feel her heart race, with fear, anxiety...excitement? anticipation? she can't tell, its as if all of the emotion she could think of, she now feel, then she heard a whisper on her ear, "Just close your eyes Princess, never open it". Ayeka feel Ryoko sliding inside her matress, and felt ryoko's arm around her waist, "Good night princess"

Ayeka smiled, "goodnight....ryoko" She felt those familiar embrace once more, she relaxed on Ryoko's embrace, and felt the world sunk as she drifted to sleep


end chapter 7

A/n: Content of the book will be explained on the next chapter ( probably chapter 8 and 9 ) Thanks for reading.