Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Undying love... ❯ no need for cruelty ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: this story begins some time around the middle of Tenchi Universe, after the zero saga, but this is before Ryoko and Ayeka become friends (or at least drinking buddies) and I know Ryoko probably wouldn't overreact this much but…O.o;;;

Also, I attempted to add some humor, but its not enough for any real category…

Author: *cough* well, well seems you have stumbled upon my sweet little story; this is the first tragic chapter in my beautiful and tragic story, that will be remembered for lifetimes to come!!! *Eyes well up with tears of happiness*

Chibbie-Author: cool it girlie…

Author: oh…this is my Chibbie- Author, sorta like Washu's, except this one is mean to me…. *sniffle*

Chibbie: Damn right! You get way to dramatic, and you're fat!!

Author: WAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Chibbie: well, on with the story….

Chapter one ~ no need for cruelty

Ryoko sighed and hugged her small book, a book of small hikaru poems to her Tenchi, Many of them she found very personal, though outwardly she was very scared about his feelings for her, he had been spending a lot of time with Ayeka lately, taking a deep breath Ryoko laid her brush upon the paper and began to draw a poem/letter to Tenchi she knew he would never get, but in short it told him she loved him and that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him as her husband….

*Later, in the afternoon of that day…*

Ayeka was searching franticly through the cupboards, `were could it be?' she thought to herself, then it struck her `that devil Ryoko…' looking around quickly Ayeka saw Ryoko was sleeping on the lawn, Sasami was busy in the kitchen, and the only other person around, Mihoshi, was sleeping on the couch, a small bubble rising and falling from her nose as she snored softly. Eagerly, Ayeka tiptoed up the stairs to Ryoko's room.

Walking down the hallway Ayeka spied it; the door to her room was wide open `good' she thought to herself. Opening the door slowly, Ayeka looked around, stuff was scattered everywhere, and food littered the floor `ugh, what a pig she is.' Ayeka thought as she tiptoed through the room. `Now were would that creature have hidden my necklace?' then suddenly she saw it, a small cupboard in the corner of the room, neatl hidden by several crates and other objects, gliding towards it quickly Ayeka, hoped it wasn't locked, and as she knelt down to it, she could clearly see it had been left open a bit, "what luck…" she murmured, as she opened the cupboard, Ayeka looked around inside the cupboard, nothing of real significance, a through the pages finding page after page of gushy love poems, and to end it on the last page was a full letter to Tenchi from Ryoko. Ayeka's mind fluttered as she read the letter, and soon a plan to get rid of Ryoko for once an for all entered her mind…

~~~~~~~*~*~*~~~~~~~

The door to Washu's lab slides open. `darnit, I left it open again, silly old me' Washu turned to see who had entered as the door slide shut, in the bright lab lights she saw Ayeka standing before her. "Howdy Ayeka, what's up?" Bowing Ayeka politely replied, "Honorable Genius Washu, could I ask you a favor?"

"Sure Ayeka, what is it that yah want?"

"Well, I'm getting really annoyed with Tenchi's peeping tom of a father, and he will not listen to me, but lord Tenchi refuses to confront him…and I was wondering if you could make me a machine that changes the voice whoever talks in to it, to Tenchi's."

Thinking for a moment, Washu mumbled a bit and finally answered with "Sure I'll do it! Tenchi's father has been bothering me a bit around here too, it's getting really annoying…but I hope this helps!" Entering a few digits in to her large computer Washu quickly looked over at a round object that hovered in the air, after a few seconds the object let out a loud ding and walking over happily Washu pressed an invisible button on it, causing it to open "YAH! It's done!!" Washu shouts.

"My contraption?" Ayeka asked, nudging forward a bit.

"Of course not silly, my pizza is done!" Turning around Washu presents a perfectly done toaster oven pizza. *Ayeka promptly forms a large sweat drop. *

*Author takes another bite of her toaster oven pizza…"Mmmm…."*

"Your thingy is in there." Washu mumbled, while munching on her pizza and turning back to her computer. Ayeka looks over to see a small toaster oven, with her contraption sitting inside. Staring blankly for a second Ayeka wonders about this woman's sanity, but soon shakes it off, and grabs the contraption, quickly thanking Washu as she heads for the door.

*Early the next morning*

Ryoko felt a bright light shine through her windows "what…who…leave me alone" Ryoko tried to shield her eyes from the early morning light, but was quickly yanked from her bed and brought upright. Blinking Ryoko looked at her early-morning disturbance. "Ayeka? What the hell are you doing here? And at this freakin' hour…"

"Shut up!" Ayeka snapped loudly "you disgusting slime, listen to me."

"Hey…Ayeka…could we save this for later?"

"NO! What I hold here is going to make you leave me and my true love Tenchi alone forever…" Ryoko wearily looked at what Ayeka was holding in her hands, the two objects quickly woke her up, one looked like a tape recorder, and the other was her book.

"Why you…GIVE THAT BACK!!" Ryoko dove for Ayeka, but a large shield surrounded her, and when Ryoko tried to fire a blast at her, but suddenly she heard the voice of some one…Tenchi…the crackling voice over the tape recorder stated

"Ayeka, I love you so much, more than that thing Ryoko…how dare she strut around this house the way she does, I wish she would just leave me alone…and stop annoying me so I could just spend the rest of my life with you, my dearest love…Ayeka."

Ryoko's hand fell, she slumped over in mid-air, "Ayeka, is that tape recording true…is it real?" Ayeka smirked at Ryoko,

"Oh, yes it is very real, and very true, Lord Tenchi last night confessed his deep and unending love for me, and his annoyance with you…you revolting demon." Ayeka ignores the tears rolling down Ryoko's face and continued, "Yes, well he asked me to inform you to leave, and if you try to bother him again…I'll be forced to show him these little poems and letters you wrote…" Ryoko looked up, her eyes red and glistening with tears. "I-I-I'll leave…just please don't show Tenchi those poems." Ayeka looked smugly at Ryoko "fine, but you better hurry, I expect you to be gone before breakfast, and you may not bring the cabbit, or communicate with it, I expect you to give me your gems."

Tears streaming down her eyes, Ryoko removed her gems and watched as they floated towards tenchi's sword in Ayeka's hand. Smiling, Ayeka softly opened the door, and left the room without a word.

~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~~~~~~~~~

Ryoko felt as if she had been stabbed in the chest, and had her heard ripped out and stomped upon, flying along (the only power Ryoko has without her gems) Ryoko carried a small bundle on her back, including a tiny photo of her lost Tenchi, and some money she had stashed away. Ryoko knew he couldn't go back to being a space pirate again, it just wasn't in her. "I'll make a new life." Ryoko whispered to herself…a single tear sliding down her cheek.