Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ When the World Fell ❯ When the world fell ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When the World Fell:

Disclaimer: I own none of the characters in my fics, and if I did i would be very proud, but I don't. I do own the story line. It is original and I hope you enjoy it. PeAcE!

Washu lay on her bed in her lab, thinking, wondering what had happened. Just a few days prior things had gone down hill. The lab had malfunctioned and she could use nothing in it anymore except the few odds and ends that did not require electricity. The house had taken on an odd shape, rocks came through the floors, and people around town had either run away, or had been changed. Changed how she did not know, all she knew was what everyone else in the house had told her. Certain land marks around town and had disappeared, not as if someone had stolen them, but as if they had sunken into the ground never to return. Shop owners, and restraunt owners had vanished. Their establishments still standing, running as it was told too at the time. Washu could not understand it. What had happened, and if this were real, who had caused it. She needed to find out, but she had no idea how to or when to. She could not get off earth because Ryo-ohki had not returned from her mission yet. Meaning Ryoko was also gone, the only people left in the Masaki residence were Ayeka and Tenchi. That was who were left besides herself. Ayeka seemed to have been affected by everything that had happened because she had been disoriented and acting as if she were hearing voices. She would sit in a corner staring off into space, talking to herself. Some of the things she said were horrific. She had talked of killing everyone who was infected. Talked of a "source" that was guiding her to her sanction. And to tell you the truth Washu feared for some peoples lives. Although Ayeka was a small woman, she could accomplish alot with the right motive. Thats what scared her the most, the only thing that gave her any hope was the fact that Tenchi was still his normal self. She herself had felt a certain voice in her head, but she blew it off because she had always heard voices in her head. But the diffence was that these were telling her things, things like she was different than everyone around her, and that there was a safe haven for people, and things like her. She could hear things, like little tunes in her head, and when she heard these tunes, the voices were garbled and drowned out. For this she was thankful. She figured there was no use in laying in bed worrying about it so she got up and wandered upstairs for some food. She did know one thing, when her stomach talked to her, she listened.

~*~*~*~

Miss Ayeka has been acting wierd thought Tenchi as he was trying to salvage the remander of the garden that had not been affected by what seems to have been an earthquake. Pieces of rock jutted out of the landscape and there were holes in the ground everywhere. Amusingly he thought to himself, It looks like a war went on here. The thought of war intrigued him. He respected his ancestors for their bravery it fighting for justice and freedom. He also had a little interest in protecting it himself. This whole situation now, there had been talk of a war brewing, but with who or what no one knew. All everyone knew was that it would be a bloody, probably never ending, battle. Tenchi got a big smirk on his face with the thought. Something about blood, lately had interested him. He liked the sight of it. Watching it drip, looking at it under the microscope and to tell you the truth he even seemed to like the taste of it. When Ayeka and accidently cut her finger when she was trying to make supper, Tenchi had sucked the blood off of it, with nothing but pure pleasure. Guilty pleasures he thought, what if she were to start bleeding again, we could have some real fun. Tenchi shook his head, stop it, what are you saying. Although at some points the thoughts were good, he knew they were wrong and did not want to act upon them. Acting upon them would be a horrible thing. Even since everything had changed, the Megillah he called it, he had had an unsatiable thirst for death. He wanted to kill, he wanted blood. But it wasn't all the time, it was just the times when his mind was able to wonder. During school, he never had those thoughts and when he was talking with Miss Washu he never thought about it. But when he was alone, something told him to think about it, and he did. There was no stopping it. If he knew a way to stop it, he sure as hell would have. It seemed to have been leading him to crazy places lately. He'd end up in bars, outside of town, and sometimes at night he'd end up standing over one of the girls in the house wanted to have a taste of them.

~*~*~*~

What the hell is wrong with me Ayeka thought. Why do I keep hearing voices...Kill all those impure, kill those unlike me. Yes that is what I must do, I must cleanse the world of all impure. That is the only solution, those left are like me and we will be able to live peacefully together. Ayeka stared into space, seeing wierd lights flashing in front of her face. As if something were there, just distorted and unrecognizable. It was a disturbing thought, but she for some reason, she felt a pull from them. They were leading her where she belonged, away from all unlike her. The source she thought. Thats what he calls himself, the source. What the big deal, why not call him the head honcho? The source isn't all that bone chilling. It sounds like a restraunt. What can we eat at the The source. She laughed at how much she amuzed herself. And why me, why chose me to do all his nasty deeds? What was in it for me? I don't have enough to kill....I must kill all impure. Ayeka stood, walked slowly to the kitchen and picked of the Kitchen knife she had used to cut the salad for supper. She held it in her hand, admiring it, contemplating the damage it could do to one person, with only a few thrusts. A flick of the wrist and I could kill someone she thought. It was an amazing amount of power she held, all in that little piece of metal. It was like ruling someones life, deciding their every move. Deciding when the would live, how they would live, and how and when they would die. She searched the house top to bottom, but found neither Tenchi, nor Washu. They are gone, but where have they gone, they can't leave the house there is a barrier around it, I saw it. She shook her head. Realized that she was just imaging it in her head. That was another wierd part of how she'd been lately. She'd imagin' things as if they were real and they weren't but when things she thought weren't real, they ended up being more real than anything. When she wasn't hearing voices, she thought what has happened to me. What the hell happened in general. Why can't I walk out of the house without feeling an insatiable desire to kill? Why are these voices telling me to kill. What is going on. But after a few seconds, the voices would come back and she would be imaging things again. The only time she truelly felt free was when Washu was near her, whether it be in the other room, or standing right next to her. Something about Washu washed away all the feelings The source had forced onto her. She was free when Washu was around. Many nights she lay awake wondering if Washu was the source, but then she'd realize that Washu was just as confused when everything happened as everyone else. But still something about the way Washu was reacting confused her.

*End of Chap 1.*

Like dislike? Comments, way to better it? Send anything to PyRo_MaNiaC09@hotmail.com. This is another attempt at fic writing and I think I have perfected my ways. Flames welcome, I want your opinion so tell me. Don't hold back:) PeAcE!~WashuFly~