That 70's Show Fan Fiction ❯ The Best Title Ever ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]
Summary: Jackie comes by after Eric to try to convince Hyde to stay. Written kind of strange. Kind of a cross between a script fic and a regular fic. Not sure if it works but I hope you enjoy anyway. Also AU so they might be a little out of character, but it is fan fiction after all. Disclaimer: I do not own That '70s Show, duh. "The Punk Chick" Eric left not five minutes ago, trying to convince Hyde to stay. It didn't work. Hyde's thoughts: So then why am I still sitting here thinking about it? That's when she turned up. Hyde's thoughts: I expected Eric that wasn't a surprise, cause he's my best friend or whatever. Donna also would have been no surprise, Fez, sure he's my buddy, hell even clueless Kelso, but Jackie. I mean hello, it's Jackie. What did she think we were friends now 'cause I took her to prom? Jackie comes running up all out of breath and plops herself down beside Hyde on the porch steps of his house. Jackie: "Steven, You can't go to New York." She breathlessly waved her arms. Hyde: "What's with the get up?" He cocked his head to the side and gestured at her flour and batter stained apron. Jackie: "Huh?" She looked down at herself. "Oh, Mrs. Forman was teaching me to bake a pie, guess I forgot to change" Hyde started laughing. Jackie: "Hey," she smacked him on the arm. "I didn't come here for you to laugh at me. Hyde: "Then you shouldn't have come" Jackie: "Whatever, you just can't leave" Hyde: "And why not" Jackie: "Because you'd be running away" Hyde: "That's what people in my family do, it's genetic or something." He said in an almost dismissive manner. Jackie: "Well who else will help me keep Michael in line." She tried to think of anything to convince him to stay. Hyde: "Oh yeah that's what I live for" Jackie: "I know." She said matter-of-factly. Hyde's thoughts: Didn't she know sarcasm when she heard it? Even if it is fun to torture Kelso. Jackie continued: "So do you really love this Chrissy or is this like the time you had a crush on Donna. Cause you seem the type to latch on to any girl who pays you any attention" Hyde gave her a good glare at this comment. "You're one to talk" Jackie: "what is that supposed to mean" Hyde: "Oh yeah you and Kelso are so perfect for each other." He mocked. Jackie: "We are!" She said defensively. Hyde's thoughts: Uh oh trouble in paradise, again, didn't they like just get back together? Guess she does know a sarcastic comment when she hears one. Hyde: "Whatever." Hyde's thoughts: Here it comes, she'll start whining to me about Kelso, why is it always me anyway man? So it surprised me when she didn't. Jackie: "You just met what's her name. Don't I, uh your friends mean anything to you?" He of course gave her another look like she was crazy. She wasn't sure why she cared, at first she didn't think much of it, thought it was another weird rumor started about him or a joke, but the minute she heard Steven talk of moving to New York she just freaked, and couldn't let it happen. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she felt oddly comfortable talking to him, or not talking to him, she just couldn't explain it so she didn't try. They sat in silence again and she thought he'd have some snide comment for her so when Hyde said out of the blue, "I'm not going." She was surprised and gave him a bright smile. Hyde: "Look I already decided before you got here so don't think it has anything to do with you, okay" Then she hugged him tight and he just let her with a long suffering sigh and a roll of his eyes. She pulled away suddenly and squeaked out, "Ah! I have to buy a pie." And she ran away into the night. He watched her go with a smirk on his face. End of this chapter. Tell me what you think, good, bad, or indifferent (I guess then you wouldn't bother, huh) I'll also take suggestion/challenges on what to write next. I already have in the works one for "The Relapse," "Class Picture," and "Everybody Loves Casey."