The Twelve Kingdoms Fan Fiction ❯ A few nights of drunkeness ❯ chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I really owned Twelve kingdoms, there would have been less of the political stuff and more humor and Taiki would have appeared more often.
Notes: Sorry it took a long time, but I thought no one wanted to read this and I wasn't used to the method of posting stories here. Of course, whoever wants to read the rest of the existing chapters could always go to ff dot net to find them since the chapters will appear there first.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
A day at the market
Enki looked at the goods on display in the market, a blue scarf around his head to hide his bright yellow hair, wondering what to buy when he caught a flash of silver among some of the goods. His interest piqued, he rummaged through it until he found what he was looking for: what looked like a small, metal box with strange buttons all over it.
''What's this?''
The shopkeeper shrugged.''The person who sold it to me said it was something he found on the seashore.''
''Could it be something from Hourai?''
The shopkeeper shrugged again. ''Who knows? Are you buying or not?''
Enki quickly paid for it and went back.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo
Enki glanced around the empty hallway guiltily, not wanting anyone to see what he had bought. ''If it's really from Hourai, what do they use this for?''
He let his fingers wander freely all over the strange device, jumping when it suddenly emitted a beeping sound when his fingers accidentally pressed one of the buttons. He swore, stopping when he suddenly noticed the pictures and words in an unfamiliar script which had appeared on the small screen.
''What's this?'' He pressed another button and the images on the screen turned into what looked like the hallway in front of him. He looked up at the hallway in front of him before looking at the hallway in the screen. He shifted his position slightly and the colours of the image became a blur before becoming the scene in front of him. He gingerly pressed another button and jumped again when the device suddenly emitted a flash of light. He looked at the screen again, surprised that the image had frozen. Convinced that he must have spoilt it by pressing that button, he shook it slightly and one of his fingers pushed yet another button. It reverted back. Curious, he pointed it at some birds and prodded another button. Nothing happened. He prodded another button. The screen played what the birds were doing earlier. A grin flashed across his face as he could do with it. He prodded another button and...
''What are you doing, Enki?'' His grin disappeared as he hid the device behind his back.
''N-nothing, Shouryuu.''
''You were playing with that thing, weren't you. Show me that device.''
Enki reluctantly handed it to Shouryuu and watched sullenly as he examined it. ''What does it do?''
''It can film objects.''
''I see. I suppose you were filming objects then.''
''Yes.''
''And what were you filming just now?''
''Birds.''
''Why don't we film something more interesting?''
''Like what?''
Shouryuu leaned forward and whispered in Enki's ear.
Enki reddened slightly. ''W-what? B-but we can't just get Keiki, Youko or Rakushun drunk and put them in the same bed again and expect to get away with it! And besides, isn't three too many?''
Shouryuu merely shrugged unconcernly. ''Then any two then. It probably won't make a difference anyway.''
Enki shifted uncomfortably. ''Well, are you really going to do that? Youko's nice but when she finds out we were behind all this, she's going to be scary.''
Shouryuu went over to a bench nearby and draped himself over it. ''It's not like she'll find out unless we tell her personally. Besides,'' he said, smiling slyly.''You won't look at her when I was undressing her and I want you to this time.''
Enki's face turned a deeper shade of red. ''B-but why?''
Shouryuu chuckled to himself softly. ''She's so pretty that it'll be a shame not to. And besides, for a person more than five hundred years old, you're not very experienced in some matters, are you?''
Enki pushed another button nervously. ''W-what do you mean?''
''For example, how much do you know about women?''
''Er...,'' Enki blushed even more before admitting.''N-nothing.''
''And,'' Shouryuu said somewhat dreamily.''It's time to know more.''
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I was rather tempted to skip to the part when Youko gets drunk but I remembered one of the reviewers of A night of drunkeness commenting it was too short so I made it a bit longer. The part about women is a bit like an extra scene because I couldn't think of a better way to end this chapter. If no one had figured it out yet, the device Enki bought is a digital camera. I know it's unlikely to find one on the seashore in good condition but I hope no one minds.