Thundercats Fan Fiction ❯ Last Life ❯ Chapter Sixteen: Visions of Mother: Part II ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Her heart seemed to leap to the back of her throat at seeing the owner of the singing voice. A woman with long golden blonde hair and bright blue eyes sat there. She wore a silver dress with the Thundercats insignia on the front of her chest. The singing stopped and she finally opened her eyes. Her lips curled back into a soft smile.

“Catlina, you’re finally here.”
the woman’s voice even sounded familiar. Each word was soft and gentle like a silent snowfall. Catrina’s pulse was beginning to race.

“Who-who are you?” she asked, her own eyes staring at the woman in mild confusion. She watched the human woman smile even more. The woman reached out a hand to her, gesturing for her to take a seat next to her.

“Join me and I will tell you, darling.” The way the woman said this had a profound effect on the girl and she did as she was told. Catrina sat on the ground, crossing her legs in an Indian fashion.

“Again, I ask, who are you?” the girl asked. She frowned at seeing the blonde closing her eyes again. Her lips parted and the song started back up again.

“Sleep, pretty darling, do not cry and I will sing a lullaby.” Her voice was smooth and soft. Gentle and steady. The more she listened to the singing Siren, the sleepier she felt. “Once there was a way to get back homeward.”

Catrina’s eyes began to droop. A yawn escaped the girl’s lips and she slowly started to nod off a bit, her head moving down, only to jerk back up almost instantly.

“Once there was a way to get back home.” The woman sneered now. Her blue eyes glowed red as she smirked. She was falling for it. She was going to fall into an eternal slumber. “Sleep pretty darling. Do not cry and I will sing a lullaby.”

Catrina was close to falling asleep now. She let out a soft yawn. Her eyes were so heavy now that it was hard to keep them open. The half Thunderian fell forwards, landing close to the woman. Her cheek rested softly against the woman’s thigh. As if she were reliving a childhood memory, Catrina uttered a soft sigh.

The woman’s singing continued as she ran her fingers through Catrina’s soft mane. “Once there was a way to get back homeward.”

“Once there was a way to get back home.”
her voice now broke off into a soft hum. It didn’t take long for the blasted cub to fall asleep. She smirked, her lips curling back even more. The woman’s appearance slowly began to fade away, revealing that of a pale grey form wrapped entirely in bandages and wearing a huge red cloak. Mumm-Ra cackled a bit, but his happiness was short lived as another voice cut through the strange vision. He just merely growled. “Blast! That blasted Tygra must be getting through to her!”

Lina. Can you hear me, Lina? You must wake up! Alluro cannot have a true hold on your forever. Lina! LINA!

The voice seemed to snap her awake and the minute she opened her eyes, Catrina found herself staring in the face of Mumm-Ra. She yelped and quickly pulled away, only to stumble back.