Tokimeki Memorial Fan Fiction ❯ Toki Days ❯ Trip to Kyoto Part 1: Reluctance ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Toki Days
 
A Tokimeki Memorial - Happy Days Crossover / Slightly AU, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Parody
 
by Sailor Enlil
 
Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You story with a flavor of Happy Days
 
Synopsis: Shiori Fujisaki starts her 2nd year in Kirameki Highschool with vague memories of her childhood. On the first day of school when she arrives at the gate, Rei Ijuuin, the Principal's grandson, makes his usual grand entrance via a limousine and cheering girls, a routine he's gone through since junior high. However, a new male transfer student in a black leather jacket arrives as a passenger on a motorcycle, and when he removes his helmet, he's dashingly handsome with a greased hairdo and carries himself like a debonair gentleman, effectively drawing the girls away from Rei. Meanwhile, as Shiori looks at him, she gets a nagging feeling in her heart that there's something strangely familiar about him.
 
Tokimeki Memorial is property of Konami; Happy Days is the creation of Garry Marshall and property of the American Broadcasting Company
 
 
Chapter prologue
 
(Wednesday, April 30, 1997, Morning before classes, Storage Room at main building of Kirameki Highschool)
 
“So what do you think of my proposal?” asked the mysterious blonde haired girl.
 
“Sounds pretty good to me, and it would be a great way for me to tour that part of Japan.” replied Fonzu. “I'm concerned about the rest of the gang though, most especially Shiori-san.”
 
“I have every confidence that you can work things out with them. They've always listened to you.”
 
“Thanks for the assurance. Wish me luck then.”
 
“Will do. Let me know what they think.”
 
“I'll keep you posted. Ja!” said Fonzu, before carefully leaving the room.
 
“I believe in you, Fonzu-kun,” said the girl quietly as she tied her hair.
 
 
 
 
Opening Theme
 
Nichi, Tsuki, Toki Days
Ka, Sui, Toki Days
Moku, Kana, Toki Days
Tsuchi, what a day
Groovin' all week with you
 
These days are all,
Tokimeki (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Share them with me (Itoshii)
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Opening Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter 16: Trip to Kyoto Part 1: Reluctance
 
(Lunchbreak, Classroom of 2A)
 
“Eh??? A trip to Kyoto?” asked Yoshio. “Just the seven of us?”
 
“Well, eight if you count Ijuuin-san.” replied Fonzu.
 
“Hold it, hold it, wait.” said Potsu. “What's he got to do with this?”
 
“I'm the one who proposed a getaway for your group, for the entire Golden Week.” replied Rei as he approached the group. “And I already have a place in mind for you to stay, and even transportation is well covered.”
 
“Um, excuse me, but, what's the catch?” said Yoshio. Shiori was getting tensed.
 
“Oh nothing. I just wish to offer some service long overdue.” replied Rei.
 
“Heh. Like hell you would” said Potsu.
 
“Now now, we need not get all huffed up now do we? Besides, it would be a wasted opportunity if you declined. After all when was your last visit to Kyoto?” asked Rei.
 
“Uh, well...” began Yoshio.
 
“Um...” Potsu paused. Shiori kept silent.
 
“Well I certainly haven't been there yet myself” said Fonzu.
 
“So, what shall it be?” asked Rei with a smile.
 
“Yo! Did someone say Kyoto?” asked Kaji as he walked in with Yuko and Yumi.
 
“Wow Kyoto eh?” said Yuko.
 
“What's going on? Why'd you call us here Fonzu-sempai?” asked Yumi.
 
“Ah Kaji-kun! Yuko-san! Ichigo-chan! Good you're all here.” said Fonzu. “Yep, we have a chance to visit Kyoto this Golden Week, courtesy of Ijuuin-san here.”
 
“Hmm, not bad. It's been a while since I've been to Kyoto.” said Kaji.
 
“Eh?” piped Yoshio, Potsu, Shiori, Yuko, and Yumi.
 
“Oh? You've been to Kyoto, kid?” said Rei.
 
“Indeed! I spent my Junior Highschool days there, and even trained in Kendo there as well!” replied Kaji.
 
“Woa!” piped Yuko. “You studied Kendo?”
 
Hai! At the Shinmei-Ryu School of Kendo” replied Kaji. “But only for one summer, so I haven't trained that much to be a Kendo master. I only reached Sixth Kyu.”
 
“Well, perhaps you would like a visit to your old school?” asked Rei.
 
“Yeah! It's been awhile. I trained while I was in eighth grade during the summer break.”
 
“Interesting” commented Potsu. Shiori was taken aback by this revelation but stil kept silent, while Yumi got curious.
 
“So how about it, eh?” asked Rei.
 
“Well, it would be a chance for me to look around Japan and learn more about it” said Fonzu.
 
“Yeah, I can show you around the place, Fonzu-niisan” said Kaji.
 
“Wow! I can't wait!” said Yuko excitedly.
 
“Hmm, come to think of it, it would be a nice break” said Yoshio.
 
“Hmm, yeah that's true onii-chan” said Yumi.
 
“Guess you're right” said Potsu.
 
“Shiori-san?” said Fonzu.
 
“Um, well...” Shiori paused.

“Come on, it'll be fun, I'm sure” said Fonzu.
 
“Oh, okay.” said Shiori hesitantly.
 
“Excellent.” said Rei. “I'll make the necessary arrangements soon.”
 
“Sure” said Fonzu.
 
“Meantime, I'll have my special lunch meal. Ja!” said Rei before he left the classroom.
 
“Well, that was rather nice of him” said Yuko. “I gotta admit I've always wanted to go to Kyoto.”
 
“Me too. But Arima-kun, you really studied Kendo there?” asked Yumi.
 
Hai! In fact I prefer to fight with two swords!” said Kaji.
 
“Wha??” Yoshio gasped.
 
“You can blame his drumming hobby for that” joked Fonzu.
 
“Hehe, I bet you can give the phrase 'Beat 'em up' a whole new meaning” snickered Potsu.
 
“Anyway I'm starved! You guys coming to the canteen?” said Yoshio.
 
“I'm in!” said Potsu.
 
“Yeah let's!” said Yuko.
 
“You guys go ahead” said Shiori softly.
 
“Eh??” piped everyone.
 
“You okay Shiori-san?” asked Fonzu.
 
“Well...” Shiori began. Fonzu gave everyone a look they were quite familiar with.
 
“Y-Yeah we'll go ahead.” said Yoshio quickly. “Right guys?”
 
“Yeah sure!” replied Potsu, as everyone left the room except Shiori and Fonzu.
 
“You're still weary about Ijuuin-san aren't you?” asked Fonzu.
 
“Um, yeah” replied Shiori.
 
“Hey, don't worry. I tell you it'll be alright.”
 
“I don't know, I...”
 
“Please?”
 
“Um...”
 
“I promise it'll be fine.”
 
“Um, okay.”
 
“If it'll, help, just stick with me throughout the trip, and I'll see to it you won't have any problems.”
 
“Alright.”
 
“Come on, let's have lunch.”
 
“Okay.”
 
 
(Friday, May 2, 1997, Noon, Ijuuin Vacation House, Kyoto)
 
“Man will you check that out!” exclaimed Yoshio after getting off the Mercedes-Benz van (courtesy of Rei) everyone was riding in. The whole gang prepared for their trip the previous evening. Then they met at Rei's Mansion the next morning for their transport. Their trip to Kyoto was largely uneventful, so their arrival was a pleasant eye-opener.
 
“Yeah.” replied Yuko, as she and Yoshio took a good look at the Ijuuin Vacation House, which resembled a Ryokan (a traditional Japanese Inn). The Vacation House was situated in a secluded mountain area in Kyoto, reachable by a winding road.
 
“What do you think Shiori-san?” asked Fonzu.
 
“I have to admit, it's beautiful here.” replied Shiori, as she found the scenery quite to her liking, notably the numerous Sakura trees.
 
“All your rooms have been prepared. You all have one each, complete with anemities.” said Rei.
 
“Woa! One room apiece? I was kinda expecting to share rooms, well, at least that's what I'm used to” said Potsu.
 
“Well it's the Ijuuin's! What did you expect?” said Yumi.
 
“I'll have our servants bring your luggage inside. Meantime, do make yourselves comfortable. The main door leads to the main room where you can relax.” said Rei “Meantime, I'll have some, urgent matters, to attend to. Ja!” He then headed for the side of the house, just as a group of butlers and maidservants approached.
 
Konnichiwa!” said the lead butler. “Welcome to the Ijuuin Vacation House. We'll take your luggage upstairs. Meantime, please follow Maeka here” he said, pointing to one of the maidservants.
 
“Thank you!” said Fonzu. “Well let's go guys!”
 
“Please follow me” said Maeka, who lead everyone into the main room while the butlers brought the gang's luggage. “Lunch will be served in a few minutes. Have a seat. If you need anything, please call us.”
 
Arigato gozaimasu!” the gang replied. Maeka then bowed, before she headed for the kitchen along with the other servants.
 
“Whew! This is the life!” said Potsu as he sat on a sofa, followed by Yumi and Potsu. Fonzu, Shiori, Yuko, and Kaji sat on another sofa facing the former group.
 
“It sure doesn't look so traditional inside here.” noted Yuko.
 
“I guess it's just the outside appearance that looks traditional” said Fonzu “I admit I was hoping to experience, say, sleeping in a futon.”
 
“Oh?” piped Shiori.
 
“Yeah.” replied Fonzu. “I'm sure it's not the same as a sleeping bag, which I've slept in a number of times.” Everyone laughed.
 
“So what'll we be doing for the next few days?” asked Yoshio.
 
“I guess a lot of sightseeing” said Potsu.
 
“I can be your tour guide! I know my way around Kyoto!” piped Kaji.
 
“Hey, how about showing us the Kendo school you went to?” asked Yuko.
 
“Sure! I still have a few friends there.” said Kaji.
 
“Anywhere else we can go to?” asked Yumi.
 
“There's the Kiyomizu Temple!” said Kaji.
 
“Woa!” piped Fonzu. “I heard about that place.”
 
“You should go, Fonzu-niisan!” suggested Kaji.
 
“Will do, with everyone of course” replied Fonzu.
 
“Or you could just take Shiori-chan...” teased Potsu.
 
“Eh???” gasped Shiori.
 
“Huh?” piped Fonzu.
 
“POTSU-KUN!!!” growled Yuko, clenching her first as she glared at Potsu.
 
“A-ah-ah nothing! Forget I said anything” said Potsu in a panic.
 
Miina, lunch is ready.” said Maeka as she walked in. “Please follow me to the dining hall.”
 
Hai!” replied the gang.
 
“Consider yourself lucky you got 'saved by the bell' Potsu-kun!” warned Yuko. Potsu cringed.
 
“What's going on here?” asked Fonzu.
 
“Oh nothing!” smiled Yuko innocently, before glaring at Potsu again.
 
Shiori sighed.
 
 
Ending theme
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Ending Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter Epiloge
 
(Evening, outside of Shiori's room, Ijuuin Vacation House)
 
“Potsu-san was up to his old tricks again eh?” said Fonzu, who accompanied Shiori to her room.
 
“Yeah. Why won't he just give up?” complained Shiori.
 
“Don't take it personally. I'm sure he was just having fun. I wouldn't worry about it.” said Fonzu.
 
Demo...” said Shiori bashfully, trying to hide a blush.
 
“Does it really bother you that much?” asked Fonzu with concern.
 
H-hai” whimpered Shiori.
“Okay, I'll talk to him first thing in the morning. Is that alright with you?” said Fonzu.
 
“Yeah. Arigato.” replied Shiori.
 
“Alright. Goodnight Shiori-san” Fonzu finished.
 
“Goodnight” replied Shiori, just before entering her room.
 
“Hmm, I guess she's taking this a little harder than I expected.” Fonzu said to himself.
 
“It can't be helped” replied Rei softly, who happened to be passing through. “She's been busy maintaining her perfect school record since entering highschool that she doesn't want to be bothered by such things.”
 
“Well, her father's death was hard enough on her.”
 
“True. Anyway I commend you for convincing her and everyone else to take my offer.”
 
“No problem.”
 
“Anyway, feel free to take the van and our chauffer on your tour for the next few days.”
 
“Thanks!”
 
“Well, make sure to get ready tomorrow then. Goodnight!” said Rei as he turned to leave.
 
“Goodnight” replied Fonzu, before heading for his own room.
 
 
-TBC
 
A/N: This is something I planned from the beginning, though the actual events were never finalized until now. The cameo appearance of Maeka Kudanshita (one of the girls who could be won in Tokimeki Memorial 2; she's the girl who has many part time jobs, most notably as the mail order delivery girl) was a last minute addition, after I began considering cameo apperances of characters from the second game (I actually started off with considering an apperance in a later chapter by Kasumi Asoo, one of the other winnable girls in TM2 who, along with her schoolmate Maeka, should still be in highschool if the timelines of the two games were to be strictly followed). After some consideration, Maeka's appearance here would actually be perfect. Since she had many part time jobs since Junior Highschool, and among those included being a servant and a bodyguard for the Ijuuin family (this is supposed to be official info), her meeting the gang should not be unusual, especially in an event like this (note: I'm also considering including her “secret” as well, though it will lead to major spoilers for TM2 gamers, and I'm not sure when that secret “job” of hers actually began). I was also considering putting Mihara Sakunoshin here as well, but his appearance will often require Mei Ijuuin's appearance as well, which can complicate things (Mei is Rei's younger sister and is one of the winnable girls in TM2 for those who don't know; Mihara is her personal bodyguard who happens to be gay, and can fall for the player's character if you earn enough Appearance points and attend all of the Ijuuin's Christmas Parties :P). Perhaps he might come later (to cause problems for Fonzu of course :D).
 
Kaji's knowledge of Kendo was something I thought of to add more color to his character, and was partly inspired by another fanfic (a Love Hina fanfic - LH fans will know which character has something to do with this. No I'm not going to give her a cameo appearance here). Nope Kaji's not powerful enough to execute the Zan-Kuu-Ken (Rock Splitting Sword), instead he can wield two swords at once, making him reasonably formidable (this will come into play later when the Banchoo's show up). Since I gave him a Kanzai accent, it would be a good idea to make him a native of one of the prefectures of the Kanzai region, so I decided he was born in Kobe, then moved to Kyoto in his Junior High years (i.e. In 1994, hence he avoided the Kobe Earthquake of 1995) before finally coming to Kirameki.
 
Stay tuned!