Tokimeki Memorial Fan Fiction ❯ Toki Days ❯ Trip to Kyoto Part 2: Double Kendo Sticks ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Toki Days
 
A Tokimeki Memorial - Happy Days Crossover / Slightly AU, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Parody
 
by Sailor Enlil
 
Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You story with a flavor of Happy Days
 
Synopsis: Shiori Fujisaki starts her 2nd year in Kirameki Highschool with vague memories of her childhood. On the first day of school when she arrives at the gate, Rei Ijuuin, the Principal's grandson, makes his usual grand entrance via a limousine and cheering girls, a routine he's gone through since junior high. However, a new male transfer student in a black leather jacket arrives as a passenger on a motorcycle, and when he removes his helmet, he's dashingly handsome with a greased hairdo and carries himself like a debonair gentleman, effectively drawing the girls away from Rei. Meanwhile, as Shiori looks at him, she gets a nagging feeling in her heart that there's something strangely familiar about him.
 
Tokimeki Memorial is property of Konami; Happy Days is the creation of Garry Marshall and property of the American Broadcasting Company
 
 
Chapter prologue
 
(Saturday, May 3, 1997, Early Morning, Ijuuin Vacation House in Kyoto)
 
"So, would you mind laying off with the wisecracks from now on?" said Fonzu.
 
"Yeah, sure" replied Potsu.
 
"I know you're doing it in the spirit of fun, and personally I wouldn't mind it." said Fonzu. "Shiori-san however is taking real exception to it. In fact she was complaining about it to me last night."
 
"I guess you're right" replied Potsu.
 
"Let me ask you something. Do you like her?" said Fonzu.
 
Potsu jerked up in surprise. "EHH??? Ah no no no! I-i-it's not like that!" he said in panic. "I-I mean, Shiori-chan is just..."
 
"Hmm? Is there something going on here Potsu-kun?" craftily asked Yuko, who happened to be passing by with Yoshio.
 
"YUKO-CHAN!" said Potsu in exasperation.
 
"Well, they say boys bully the girls they like, so..." began Fonzu.
 
"Oh, is that what this is all about?" said Yoshio teasingly, then put his hand on Potsu's shoulder before moving up close to his ear. "Why didn't you say anything before buddy?" he asked, making Potsu blush profusely.
 
"Ugh... no... it's... not..." Potsu gagged, then ran off yelling "GWAAAHHHH!!!!" startling the servants nearby.
 
Fonzu grinned. "Maybe that oughtta be enough payback for his teasing Shiori-san to make him cool it" he commmented.
 
Yuko giggled. "Yeah. About time someone turned the tables on him." she said.
 
"Hehe, you bet!" said Yoshio. "I'll admit though that that was the first time I heard him yell so loudly." The trio laughed.
 
Watching the whole scene from behind a corner, Shiori wasn't sure if she should be embarrassed or amused by Potsu's sudden outburst.
 
 
Opening Theme
 
Nichi, Tsuki, Toki Days
Ka, Sui, Toki Days
Moku, Kana, Toki Days
Tsuchi, what a day
Groovin' all week with you
 
These days are all,
Tokimeki (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Share them with me (Itoshii)
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Opening Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter 17: Trip to Kyoto Part 2: Double Kendo Sticks
 
Potsu was unusually uncomfortable as he was somehow seated next to Shiori during the ride in the van into downtown Kyoto.
 
"Ano, daijoubu, Potsu-kun?" asked Shiori curiously.
 
"Err, I'm fine! I'm fine! Nothing's wrong! Ehehe" said Potsu nervously, then quickly faced the window next to him to hide the blush in his face. Shiori blinked, then turned the other way to stiffle a giggle before noticing Fonzu seated on her other side from Potsu, and Yuko and Yoshio behind her, all giving her the thumbs up and a wink. Shiori smiled. Seated on the same bench seat as Yoshio and Yuko, Yumi and Kaji on the other hand had confused looks on their faces.
 
"Um, is there something going on here?" asked Kaji.
 
"Yeah. Potsu-sempai isn't himself today." added Yumi.
 
"Oh nothing." said Fonzu innocently. "Right guys?"
 
"Yep!" replied Yuko quickly.
 
"That's right!" added Yoshio.
 
"Shiori-sempai?" said Yumi.
 
"Um, I have no idea either." said Shiori. Yuko giggled.
 
"Anyway it looks like we're here" said Fonzu, as the van pulled over at a building that looks like a temple.
 
"Alright! It's been awhile since I last came here!" said Kaji excitedly.
 
The whole gang disembarked from the van and walked towards the Shinmeiryuu School of Kendo, led by Kaji.
 
(1 Hour later, Main Dojo of the Shinmeiryuu School of Kendo)
 
"HAAAA!!!" yelled one Kendo practitioner as he lunged forward to strike his opponent with his sword. His attack was blocked as his opponent brought his two short swords forming an X with them, before pulling them appart hard driving his attacker back.
 
"Woa! That was good" commented Yuko, who was seated on the floor of the dojo along with the rest of the gang and the other practitioners, watching the match between Kaji, who had the two swords, and one of the resident practitioners.
 
Kaji's opponent went for another attack and attempted a strike from above, but Kaji blocked it with his left sword, while attempting a thrust with his right. The opponent pulled to the side to dodge, then made a sweep strike from the side, only to also have it blocked.
 
"They seem rather evenly matched." said Potsu.
 
"Yeah. Kaji-san sure is holding his own pretty well," added Yoshio. "Considering his opponent's sword is of full length while Kaji's are half length."
 
"You haven't seen anything yet. Just watch." said Fonzu.
 
"Eh?" piped Yoshio and Potsu.
 
Just when everyone thought the duel would drone on, Kaji blocked another attack with his left sword, then, with a yell, quickly spun to the side bringing his right sword right into the back of his opponent's head. A hit was landed.
 
"Woa!" murmured Yumi. "Did you see that?"
 
"Yeah. That was fast" commented Shiori.

The Headmaster then clapped his hands to signal the end of the duel, and Kaji and his opponent bowed to each other then went to their seating places.
 
(15 minuts afterwards)
 
"That was quite a finishing move there" said Yoshio.
 
"Hehe thanks!" replied Kaji, who already changed out of his kendo outfit. "Gets 'em every time!"
 
"Rather cocky of you there" said Potsu. "Have you ever been beaten?"
 
"Yeah, by a few guys faster and more experienced than me." said Kaji. "In fact my opponent today is a few grades lower than me."
 
"Really?" said Yuko.
 
"Yo! Arima-sempai!" called one of the resident practitioners, who had black hair and wore glasses.
 
"Ah, Hokari-san" replied Kaji. "Everyone, this is my opponent, Junnichiro Hokari, or simply Jun to his friends"
 
"Konnichiwa, minna" greeted Jun, who was in turn greeted by the gang.
 
"May I ask what grade you are?" asked Shiori.
 
"2nd kyu" replied Jun.
 
"Eh?" piped Yumi. "That level? And you kept up with Arima-kun who's 6th kyu?"
 
"Ehehe. I just push as hard as I can." replied Jun.
 
"You sure got lots of potential." commentd Fonzu.
 
"Ah, arigato!" replied Jun. "Oh, I came to tell you that lunch is ready at the dining hall and you're all invited."
 
"Eh?" piped the gang.
 
"Hai!" said Jun.
 
(After Lunch, outside the dojo)
 
"Man that was scrumptiuous" said Yoshio.
 
"Gotta admit, nothing like a traditional Japanese lunch" said Fonzu. "I probably don't even remember my last meal before leaving for America."
 
Shiori, Yuko, and Yumi giggled.
 
"Well, what's next?" asked Potsu.
 
"I think we've had enough for the day. Besides, our tour guide, Kaji-kun, deserves a break" said Fonzu.
 
"I guess you're right" said Yuko.
 
"Thanks Fonzu-niisan!" said Kaji.
 
With that, the gang decided to return to the Ijuuin vacation house.
 
 
Ending theme
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Ending Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter Epiloge
 
(Evening, Ijuuin Vacation House, Music Room)
 
Rei Ijuuin's fingers glided across the keys of the grand piano he was seated in front of as he played Chopin's Polonaise in A-flat. An impromptu tour of the Ijuuin Vacation House eventually ended here, and Fonzu asked about any musical talent in Rei's family, to which Rei surprised everyone with his piano and keyboard playing hobby. Most of the gang, particularly the rock-band club members, were listening to his performance, while the girls retired for the day, Shiori in particular, who showed no interest in Rei's performance. Eventually, Rei finished his piece.
 
"That was rather good" said Fonzu.
 
"Yeah you're right" added Yoshio. Potsu and Kaji nodded slowly.
 
"Of course! I still got it!" bragged Rei, causing everyone except Fonzu to facefault.
 
Fonzu then said something that shocked the guys. "Hey, how about you perform in our rock band club as well?"
 
 
-TBC
 
A/N: I'll admit this was a rather sloppy chapter due to some writer's block, the need to rush to the next part of the story, and lots of work in the office. The cameo appearance of Junnichiro Hokari from Tokimeki Memorial 2 was another last minute add-on (he's in Junior High at this point). Basically I wanted to get this out in order to move to the next dramatic event as quickly as possible: Rei's joining the Rock Band Club and Shiori's reaction to it.
 
Stay tuned!