Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Chocolate and Vanilla ❯ The Vanilla Foxgirl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Why can't things ever be simple or even remotely straight forwards for once in my life? Even before the `incident', thing were never really that easy for me or my twin brother Aden. Both of our parents had died in a car crash when we were 7, since then, we've been living with our guardian/butler in our parents old house…well it's sort of a mansion really. Don't get me wrong, nether me or my brother are spoilt or snobby (at least I hope not), but when our parents died they left all their money to us, leaving us with the house, Jin our family butler/guardian, a few maids and my father's husky dog; Dingo. Oh, did I mention that Jin is also our tutor? Well, ever since my brother had his left arm broken by one of the older boy's at our school when we were 6, my mother insisted that we were both home schooled by Jin. It seems that the habit never really broke; nether me or Aden have ever been to a normal school since, until this month that is.
It's not that Jin isn't a good teacher or anything, but it does get a tad dull after being tutored at home for 7 years straight, I had hardly any real friends back then to be honest. But all that is another story; basically it all really started on a Monday at 4:17 in the afternoon…
 
-
 
“So much for an exciting day out and about…” a pretty deep blue eyed girl of about 14 muttered to herself as she shut the book she had been reading shut with a snap. The rather attractive young girl, whose name was Bea (real name Banira meaning Vanilla in Japanese) heaved a depressed sigh, flicked some of her long blue streaked blond hair out of her face and looked around the garden she was sitting in. She had snuck out of her daily lessons that day to try and find something more interesting to do; unfortunately her efforts had been in vain. She had seated herself on a bench around the back of her favorite café; Café Mew Mew (coincidence, I think not!), ordered a large hot chocolate and had found the only remotely interesting thing to do was to read. Bea leaned back on her bench lazily, letting the breeze rush over her pale skin. She was dressed simply in a pair of denim shorts and a pale purple t-shirt.
“Oh well, nothing better to do.” she sighed again, dusting a dry leaf off of her lap and taking a sip of her drink, before picking her book back up again. Barely 5 seconds had passed before Yuki heard an odd sound. It sounded a little like growling. Slowly, she peeked over the top of her book, expecting to see a dog or something. She instantly froze solid fear when she looked.
Standing barely 3 meters from her, was what looked like a huge mutant black and red wolf with about ten long tentacle like arms coming out of the back of its head, and she was sitting 5 feet from it! Bea instinctively leaped to her feet and backed away. The gigantic mutant wolf gave another growl and crouched to the ground, its yellow eyes fixed on a terrified Bea. Quick as light, she shut her eyes, not wanting to see the monster as it leaped on her.
Crap! It's going to pounce! Geez Bea, what a way to die. She thought to herself, expecting the claws of the huge creature to make contact with her flesh at any second, but it never happened. Reluctantly, Bea opened her eyes a crack and to her shock; another girl about her age and height was standing between her and the monster. The girl was dressed all in pink and had some sort of heart shaped bell in her left hand, not only that, but she also had a cute pair of cat's ears on her head and a long tail as well.
“Are you ok?” she asked Bea over her shoulder.
“Y-yeah…” stammered Bea partially stunned from shock. The pink cat girl nodded then lifted her head to look at the monster.
“Kish! I know your there!” yelled the girl.
Brill, I'm about to die and the only person to witness it is a cat girl that talks to thin air! Just grea…
But Bea's line of thought was cut clean off as what looked like a dark green haired, amber eyed boy suddenly materialize above the monster, hovering in mid air. The boy looked down at the two girls on the ground and smiled evilly.
“Ichigo, nice to see you again my kitten.” The boy laughed. Bea felt a shiver run down her spine, but she was sure it wasn't from fear, “Like my latest monster? Its attacks are twice as good as its looks, how about I show you? Attack now!”
Before ether Bea or Ichigo could even blink, the monster had leaped forwards at the both of them. Bea barely had any time to even consider the consequences of her action, before she lunged forwards from where she was standing and just managed to push the pink cat girl out of the way, just as the monsters claws ripped the back bottom of her purple top open. Bea and the girl both tumbled to the ground in a painful heap. Bea quickly climbed off her as the pink girl went to attack the monster.
“Oh crap my back.” breathed Bea as her fingers moved over three long but shallow gashes across her back, a thick red substance coating her fingers. She began to feel slightly faint with the sensation of her warm blood trickling down her back. The pink haired girl had just thrown what looked like a spinning heart shaped disk as the monster before rushing over to her.
“Let me see you wound.” She said gently lifting up the shredded ribbons of the back of Bea's t-shirt, and gasped.
There on Bea's lower back, just above her jean line and below the three long gashes, was a small pink Mew mark in the shape of a snowflake with what looked like thin wisps of spiraling snow going off a little to the right and left of her lower back.
“No way, you're a....” breathed the girl in shock, just a bare second before the creature lunged at her again, but this time she managed to push Bea out of the way just in time.
The cat girl gave a scream as the monsters claws came close to puncturing her shoulder, but not quite.
“Get out of here!” yelled Ichigo at Bea as she desperately tried to throw the monster off of her. Suddenly Bea felt something rise up inside her, and suddenly, all her instincts to run or hide vanished and she was left with an oddly overpowering feeling of power and confidence.
“No!” she yelled as she felt the power rise higher inside her, “I wont run away this time!” And as if a comet had crashed into the earth, the air around her exploded sending her head and thoughts spinning into a vortex of bright white light and specked with bright blue.
Bea opened her eyes and found herself looking into white nothingness. Ichigo, the monster and the green haired dude had all vanished completely, leaving her floating alone in the swirls of icy blue, aqua and white light. Ever so slowly, the snow like swirls began to form something in front of her, something that she suddenly recognized as a young Arctic Snow Fox, her favorite creature on earth. Banira kneeled down in front of the small white kitsune and looked into its deep blue eyed in awe. Maybe it was just a trick of the light, but she could have sworn that she had seen a flicker of a smile in the fox's eyes as it walked towards her, climbed onto her lap and then walked directly into her!
Bea gave a gasp of surprise as she felt newly strange but beautiful power rise inside her.
“Use this.” A faint voice inside her head whispered as a beautiful silver pendant with blue etchings appeared in front of her. Bea took the pendant in her delicate fingers as the same voice echoed in her mind again.
“You know what to do.” Words began to flow through Bea's mind as she kissed her pendant and lifted it up above her with one hand as is began to glow bright blue.
“Mew Mew Vanilla! Metamorphosis!” she yelled as a burst of cool but strong energy erupted from her center and flowed up through her arm into her pendant. A strange tune began to play (if you know the remix of `On a Night Like This by Kylie Minogue'; then it's exactly like that) as Bea felt her white blizzard like energy wrap itself around her, transforming her body, releasing the soul of the Snow Fox within her. She was only vaguely aware of the fact that her clothing was changing as she spun herself around in mid air as her beautiful snow like power continued to swirl and cascade around her in gentle white spirals.
The music, mist, snow and blinding white lights finally began to fade and Bea floated to the ground below her, staring at the changes the metamorphosis had caused. Her long blond and blue hair had had sprung out of its usual pony-plat, fallen gracefully to her central back and had changed into a shimmering titanium white color. Her eyes (according to Ichigo later on) had changed from dark turquoise to a bright icy blue, but what really took Bea by surprise was the fact that she had a pair of cute snowy white fox ears on her head and a matching white fox tail as well. Her normal attire had been replaced with a pair of skin tight white knee high boots and matching gloves with a wavy edge, a very flattering short white pleated skirt and belly top, poufs on her arms, a white garter on her left thigh and of course a white choker with her silver and blue pendant hanging from it, all that, and everything she had on except her boot, and skirt were trimmed with pretty pale blue lace (her outfit is almost exactly like Zakuro's except she wears a skirt, slightly shorter boots and her out fit is white and ice blue).
“Whoa…” she breathed as she stared down at her new outfit. A loud scream of fear brought her sharply back to earth and Bea looked up to see Ichigo desperately trying to dodge the scratches that the monster was throwing at her. A fierce look crossed her's face as she crossed her arms over each other in front of her and said the first words that came into her mind.
“Vanilla Ice Fans!” she said and suddenly what looked like a pair of folded blue and white Japanese patterned fans appeared in each of her hands (I know everything is white and pale blue but oh well). Letting instinct take over, Bea uncrossed her arms and gave each wrist an expert flick and the fans unfolded. Ichigo gave another scream as Bea sprinted forwards and leaped high into the air, twirling herself and her fans around.
“Ribbon!…Arctic Snow Spiral!” she shouted, giving each of her now glowing Ice Fans a swish, sending a large spiraling vortex of wind and snow flying at the monster. With the second of impact, Ichigo managed to get free and to her feet just as Bea landed neatly on her feet a few meters away.
“Ichigo! Finish it off!” she yelled. Ichigo nodded and summoned her Strawberry Bell, but whether Ichigo did get rid of the monster, Bea never found out. For at that precise moment, the green haired guy she had seen before suddenly appeared hovering a foot off the ground right in front of her with a smirk on his somewhat good looking face.
“And who are you Foxy?” he asked rather cheekily, Bea gave him a scowl, but answered all the same.
“Bea, and you must be Kish.”
“Isn't that sweet, ya know my name already.” She gave him a half hearted glare. She had to admit, he was nothing less than hot, but Bea was defiantly not the kind of girl who would fall for a guy at first sight, especial one with pointy ears!
“Ya know,” he went on, “it's a real shame that you ended up being with the Mews, you just seem far too cute to be missed out on Honey. Oh well.” Bea blushed slightly at being called cute by a guy, but she quickly recovered from it when Kish suddenly vanished from her sight.
“Hey! Get back here!” Bea yelled. But no sooner were the words passed her lip when she felt a strong hand clasp her shoulder and whip her around, “Wha…?” but the words were pushed back into her mouth by a pair of lips pressed against hers. A moment of pure shock swept over Bea once she realized that it was Kish who was kissing her, so much so that she almost completely froze with shock when Kish circled his arms around her waist. The two of them remained connected at the lips for about a minuet and a half before Bea put her foot down and forced Kish to release her. She opened her mouth to say something insulting or defensive but she was far too stunned, she couldn't believe it, she had had a major lip lock with an alien she was meant to be fighting, and she actually enjoyed it! Kish smiled evilly at her just as Ichigo came sprinting over to them.
“Kish! Leave her alone you bastard!”
Kish laughed.
“Sorry Ichigo, but I've found a new kitten to play with now.” He smiled before floating into the air. He gave Bea an evil wink, “I'll see ya round Foxy.” He said before vanishing once again. Bea blinked a few times just to make sure that she wasn't dreaming, before Ichigo put and hand on her shoulder. Bea looked at the cat girl who looked so similar to her, the cat girl smiled.
“Looks like we have a new addition to the Mew Mew group. Are you alright now?” She asked kindly. Bea swallowed and nodded.
“Would you mind explaining what the hell has happened to me?” stuttered Bea, still in severe shock. Ichigo gave her a warm smile.
“Come on inside, I think Keiichirou and Ryou will be able to give you a better explanation than I can. By the way I'm Momomiya Ichigo.” She giggled, while leading a very confused Bea into the back of the café, both still in their Mew forms.
“I'm Nakamura Banira, just call me Bea.” said Bea nervously.
Little did ether the fox or cat girl know that a certain amber eyed boy was watching them from the safety of a tree near by. Just as the two girls's moved inside the back door, Bea stopped and turned around to look back outside.
“Something wrong?” asked Ichigo. Bea took one last look around and then shook her head.
“No, I just felt like someone was watching me.”