Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Chocolate and Vanilla ❯ SNOW DAY!!!!!! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They can't do this to her, they really can't be serious about it. Kish thought to himself as he stared down at the beautiful blue and green planet far below him from the huge view deck of the ship. He had been repeating the same words to himself all week while Pai and a really unenthusiastic Tart prepared for their next and probably most risky plan so far.
I really can't believe that Pai actually thinks that it will force the Mews to give over the Mew Aqua. He's practically digging his own grave with this plan. I swear if this plan goes wrong; if the Mews don't kill him first, then I will.
“Problems Kish?” asked Tart, hovering into the room with a bored look on his face. Kish didn't even bother to look up as Tart came and sat down next to him. He sighed.
“I just don't think that Pai's idea is a good one this time. There are way too many things that could go wrong, and if it does; then she might even…never mind.” he trailed off, not wanting to give away what he really felt to his little brother. But Tart was one step ahead of him.
“You really like her, don't you; that white fox girl.” said Tart in a strangely understanding voice. Kish looked at him in shock; Tart was looking down through the viewing of the deck with a solemn look on his face. If Kish had been in a normal mood, his jaw would have dropped. Never in his 15 years of being alive had he ever seen Tart so serious.
“What's up Tart? The only time you've ever been this depressed is when we ran out of caramel ice cream.”
Tart threw Kish a venomous look, but it vanished the second it had come and was replaced with worry.
“Well…it's kinnda to do with…” he mumbled something inaudible and looked at his feet.
“Sorry couldn't hear you little guy.”
“Pudding!!!!!! OK!!!! I can't stop thinking about PUDDING!!!!!” Tart yelled so loudly you could have heard it from Earth.
Complete silence followed and Tart's cheeks began to turn red. Kish's expression turned from stunned, to triumph.
“I always knew you liked her. The little guy's finally got a crush!” laughed Kish while clamping Tart in a head lock and messing up his hair.
“Hey! Get off me you prick!” yelled Tart angrily while kicking and punching his older brother. Kish laughed happily and looked back down at the blue plant far below them, before letting go of Tart and the both of them heading off to bed.
 
-
 
(One Week and Two Days Later)
 
“Bea wake up quick!!!!” yelled Aden as he sprinted into her room and leaped onto her bed still dressed in his pajama bottoms, making her scream in surprise and fall onto the floor.
“What is it?” she asked rather grumpily rubbing her head. Aden smirked at her.
“Only the two best words in the entire flipping language!”
Bea's eyes and smile widened and her ears and fox tail appeared as she looked out of her window.
“SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” she yelled, shooting over to her cupboard and yanking out her coat, snow boots and other winter clothing. Suddenly she stopped and turned around when she realized that Aden was staring at her. Only then did she remember that he had only found out about her being half Snow Fox the previous week, so naturally he had yet to grow used to Bea's ears and tail popping up at odd times. She giggled sheepishly and her ears went down and her tail vanished.
“Sorry, I kinda got a bit excited.” She said, walking back over to her bed with her clothes. Aden snapped out of his shock and shook his head.
“It's ok; I just got a bit surprised that's all.” He smiled and his sister grinned.
“Good, now get out of my room so I can change.”
 
-
 
“School's off?!!! You're kidding, that's great!!!”
“Yeah I know. Listen; Bea and the rest of us are going to meet at the park in an hour. Fancy coming with us before we have to go to the café?” asked Ichigo happily down the phone. Mint grinned from ear to ear.
“Sure, I'll be down there at 10:00.”
“See ya then.”
Mint quickly hung up, threw her mobile phone onto her bed and dashed into her humungous walk-in wardrobe. This was the first snow day that Tokyo had had in ages, and with school off for the day, how could she possibly resist.
Mint began to happily hum to herself as she dug out her dark blue coat, boots, scarf and gloves for her cupboard. Since Bea had first started working at the café, she had indeed become good friends with everyone there, but in particular, Mint and Zakuro. Zakuro was just like an older sister to Bea. Both of them were so different in their personalities and yet the two of them would laugh, gossip, and shear secrets with each other during their lunch breaks and after work. At first Mint had been extremely irritated that Bea was getting along so well with her role model, but after several tea breaks together and discovering that Mint did ballet and Bea did ice skating (go figures hehehe), she and Bea had become best friends by far.
Mint smiled to herself at the thought. She had never had a proper best friend in over five years; it felt really good to have someone who would always be there for you, especially after all that time. Suddenly the door bell gave a sonorous ring from down stairs just as Mint finished pulling on her snow boots. She gave another happy smile and ran down the stairs to the door and opened it.
There standing on the other side of the large oak door was Bea, dressed in a nice pair of jeans, tucked into her knee high snow boots and a blue long sleeved v-neck top with a white coat over the top. She was dressed surprisingly light for a snow day, but then again she was half Snow Fox. Bea smiled at her blue haired, best friend.
“You coming to the park with us Mint?” she asked as Mint snatched her jacket off the hallway coat rack and slipped it on. She gave a questioning expression.
“Us?” she asked. Bea pointed to the gates to the house and Mint looked over her shoulder. Bea's twin brother Aden was standing by the house gates rapped in a black jacket and smiling at the two of them. He gave Mint a friendly wave and Mint felt her stomach turn over and her cheeks go faintly pink.
Hang on…did I just get nervous over being waved at by a guy? God that is defiantly not normal, not that he isn't good looking or anything but…damn it I think too much. Mint could feel a slightly darker blush rise in her cheek and she quickly turned around to hide it while pretending to lock the door.
“Are you ok Mint? You look flushed.” queried Bea, noting the faint red patches on her blue haired friend's cheeks as she turned around. Mint's head snapped up.
“No, no, nothing's wrong. I-I'm just caught a slight cold the other day but I'm fine.” She said quickly. Bea paused, and then smirked to herself, but didn't say anything.
Looks like someone has a little crush on my dear brother. Oh what fun this is going to be. Giggled Bea in her mind as the two of them walked over to Aden and then off down the street towards the park and café.
Maybe I should give them a little bit of a nudge or two along the way. Oh being evil is sooooo fun!
 
-
 
“Thanks for the free cake guys, that was great.” chuckled Aden happily patting his full stomach. Bea giggled and gave his head a playful shove and the others laughed. After about two hours of messing around in the park, having a snow fight and Pudding and Bea dropping ice down the back of Mint and Aden's shirts; all of them had decided to stop and have a hot chocolate at the café to warm up.
Lettuce, Keiichiro and Ichigo had brought out a whole platter of tea, cakes and other unspeakably sweet treats. And within the space of only five minuets; Aden had eaten about half of them.
Ichigo grinned and seated herself in between Bea and Zakuro.
“Ney, guys. I don't mean to deflate this happy atmosphere or anything, but has anyone noticed; it's been almost two weeks and not even a peep out of Kish, Tart or Pai. Don't you think that's just a little strange?” she said while playing around with a half eaten strawberry on her plate with her fork. Bea leaned back in her seat and looked at the ceiling in thought.
“Well, now that you mention it. Those three have been kinda quiet lately.” She mused and Pudding giggled through her mouth full of crembrule.
“Kish is probably still recovering from that punch you gave him one-chan.” She said looking at Bea. Everyone laughed but Bea looked down at her empty plate and blushed, luckily no one seemed to notice, everyone except Ichigo that is.
“Hey Bea-san, you said that you and Aden were going to start school soon. What school are you going to?” asked Lettuce curiously. Bea and Aden smiled at each other.
“Well, we're actually going to be starting at your school guys. Daikan Middle School. Pretty cool huh?” But before anyone could say anything more, Ryou came up from the basement in a hurry.
“Everyone, downstairs now. It's urgent.” He said briskly before shooting back down into the basement again. Everyone including Bea stood up automatically and moved towards the basement lab. Suddenly Bea stopped and turned around to see Aden still sitting at the table with a slightly uneasy look on his face. Bea walked back to the table and placed her hands on her hips, looking like a mirror image of what her mother had looked like. Aden looked up at her and raised an eyebrow.
“What?” he asked. Bea exhaled exasperatedly, pulled him out of his seat and dragged him down the stairs to the basement.
“You know I'm a Mew; therefore you have the right to know about the whole Mew Project as well.” She said simply while walking calmly into the lab, standing Aden next to her while taking her normal place. Ryou turned from the computer and looked from Bea to Aden, and narrowed his eyes.
“Why did you bring him down here?” he asked rudely. A vain pulsed dangerously on Bea's temple and she crossed her arms over her chest.
“He is my brother and he's trustworthy, that's why. He already knows about me being a Mew and therefore he has a right to know about the Project as well.” She said irritably. Ryou gave her a disapproving look which she ignored completely. Keiichiro on the other hand gave Aden a warm smile which seemed to ease the awkwardness that Ryou had caused.
“I don't see what you're so worried about Ryou. We could do with some help in the control room.” He said, but then his smile vanished and was replaced by seriousness, “Especially since we may have found another Mew.”
“NANI?!!!!!!!!!!!” yelled everyone except Keiichiro.