Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ Tokyo Mew Mew A La Fresco ❯ awakened ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Awakened
“Hurry up Ichigo! We're going to be too late!” Ichigo groaned as she ran after Pudding who had taken to the treetops to get to the battle site faster.
“I'm sorry but I can't run any!” Ichigo's sentence was cut short, as she suddenly felt over whelmed by an unidentifiable emotion.
Looking back, Pudding saw her friend collapse to her knees, hugging herself tightly.
“Ichi-chan, What's wrong with you?”
“I-I don't know.” Ichigo wiped her eyes and realized that she had started crying. “ I just feel really… sad all of a sudden.”
“Sad?” Pudding put a hand on her hip and the other one to her chin. “What could you possibly have to be sad about?” She palmed her fist as the answer came to her. “Oh I got it! You're sad about missing your date with Masaya-san, huh?” Ichigo blushed, despite the fact that she was still crying.
“No, that's not it at all. It's just…” Ichigo stopped crying suddenly and stood up, transforming into Mew Ichigo and running off down a side street.
“Huh!” Pudding sighed and transformed as well, following her partner. “Ichi-chan, wait up! We have to go help the others!”
“I know but I have to go…I can't explain it I just have to! Go help the others and I'll be there as soon as I can!”
“I'm not going to leave you by yourself! Chances are you're just sneaking off to see your boyfriend!”
“I'm not I'm just…”Ichigo stopped and looked around the area they'd ended up in.
Pudding raised an eyebrow at her friend.
“Ichi-chan, are we lost now?”
“No we're not.” Ichigo walked over to one of the houses on the street and kneeled, looking under the porch. Reaching under it she pulled out a small white kitten that mewed lethargically.
“Oh, how cute!”
“It lost its mother and all of its brothers and sisters.” Pudding turned to her friend with a questioning look.
“How do you know that?”
“…I can just feel it.”
Later that afternoon…
“Just where you two this afternoon! We almost got killed before those damn aliens backed off!” Pudding glared at Ichigo who was ignoring Mint's rant in favor of bottle-feeding her new kitten.
“Ichigo kept saying that she felt sad then ran off and found this kitten.”
“What could she have sad about! She wasn't the one getting massacred!”
“She said she didn't know. She just collapsed and started crying.”
“How very interesting…” Mint and Pudding, the only ones that happened to be giving the afternoon's event any thought (Lettuce cleaning up the café. Zakuro being at a photo shoot and Berri and Ringu AWOL), turned to see Keiichiro standing at the kitchen door, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.
“What's interesting?” Mint asked.
“It seems to me that a new power resulting from the mew mew project is surfacing.”
“What are you talking about?” Pudding asked, tilting her head to the side quizzically (every bit the monkey)
“Ichigo appears to have developed empathic abilities. Empathy is the ability to feel the emotions of other beings. As would seem to be the case with her new friend there.” Mint glares at him.
“Why is it that you never seem to find it necessary to tell us about new abilities before the surface instead of leaving us in the dark all the time!”
“ Where the fun in that be? Besides, I don't often know about the new abilities until they surface. Ryou-kun and I saw Ichigo-Chan collapse on Masha's camera then I checked her vital statistics. Upon doing so, I discovered that there was an extensive irregularity in the neurological functions of certain section of her brain. Mainly the fact that is was active.” He took the vacant expressions of Mint and Pudding to indicate that he needed to explain further.
Although they probably still wouldn't get it even it, even I drew them a picture with little signs and went chibi to explain it. Keiichiro thought wryly.
With a sigh, he attempted to explain his findings to the confused mew mews
“There is a section of the brain that deals with things beyond the material world. Things that reside solely in the mental world, the astral world, the elemental world, the spiritual world, or the psychic world. Apparently, Ichigo-chan's section has awakened to the mental world. She can tell the state of mind people are in or what they're feeling just by a glance.” Keiichiro paused for a moment. “…If I were a betting man I would say that her section might further develop into telepathy or some of various other mental abilities.”
“Does that include getting smarter?” Ryou asked, standing behind Keiichiro.
“Quite possibly so.”
“Then… does that mean that this will happen to all of us?” Mint asked.
“Most likely not in the same way. I believe that the animal DNA incorporated into your genes as a result of the mew mew project will affect the outcome of how the section in your brain will awaken.”
“You mean like this?” Zakuro asked as she stood in the doorway of the café.
She held her hand out and the plate that Lettuce was in the process if dropping froze in mid-air the rose back into the startled girls hands.
“Ah, it would seem that Zakuro-san's section has awakened to the psychic world. Very interesting. Keiichiro scribbled rapidly on a clipboard he'd pulled from hammer space. “ Now Zakuro-san I hope you don't mind answering a few questions for me? Good now when did you notice that this telekinetic ability had started to manifest.” Zakuro sat down at one of the booths.
“Last night.” Keiichiro scribbled some more.
“Uh-huh, and what were you doing when you noticed it?”
“I was having sex with Mint.” The violet haired model replied without missing a beat.
All noise in the room stopped.
Lettuce dropped the plate again.
“Zakuro! Why did you tell him!” Mint yelled/asked, blushing and earning a blank look from her lover.
“He asked.”
Mint growled in frustration before storming out of the café.
“Er-Thank you, Zakuro-san.” Keiichiro said wiping his nose before going back to his lab, followed by Ryou who was covering the lower half of his face with his hand for some odd reason.
“So-uh-Zakuro-Chan… how long have you two been-uh-well you know….” Ichigo asked tentatively.
“How long have you two been screwing each other?” Pudding asked in her usual blunt manner.
“Pudding!” Both Ichigo and Lettuce scolded.
“Two years ago.” Zakuro answered without a second thought.
“You've kept this from all of us for two years! But we're supposed to be partners!” Ichigo stated, offended at being left in the dark.
“Actually, Berri and Ringu knew.” The three other mew mews present gaped at her in shock.
“You told them before us! But we're the original mew mews, how could you not tell us first?” Pudding asked, just as offended as Ichigo.
“We didn't tell those two. Mint swore them to secrecy after they walked in on us making out in during our lunch break.”
“So then why are you telling us now?” Lettuce asked, slightly more calm than the other two.
“What's the point in not telling you? Mint always said that it would cause too much of a scandal for an heiress and model to be going out.” Zakuro leaned one elbow on the table, rested her chin in it, and closed her eyes. “She won't feel the need to be so secretive when she reads today's tabloids.”
Rei-chan's explanation of :Tokyo Mew Mew a la fresco
I know some people who are going to be very pissed off by this fic so in advance, gomen nasai DDW-San
First, I have only read up to the fifth manga and am currently denying the existence of:shiver: Mew Mew Power which give me nightmares to think of how badly 4Kids screwed the series up. (Rene Roberts my ass!)
Anyway, for those people who were confused, Berri Shirayuki is from Tokyo Mew Mew a la mode. She has cat AND bunny genes in her.A la mode takes place after Ichi-chan goes to London with Masaya-kunRingu Akai is from the Tokyo Mew Mew game and since I wasn't able to find a description of her personality anywhere, she's essentially an original character from Rei-chan.
This story takes place after a la mode and involves an alien race( Heh. Original huh?) whose leader happens to be a demon by the name of The lord of Nightmares, whose subordinates are Chaotic Blue, Dark Star, Ruby Eye, and Death Fog.(request fic for whoever can guess where that comes from).Ichigo and Mint are 17 and sophomores in high school, Lettuce is 18 and a Junior Zakuro is 19 and a senior, Pudding is 16 and a freshman, Ringu and Berri and 15 are Eighth graders, Ryou is 20, Keiichiro is 27 and Masaya is 17.The original mew mews all go the same high school, Ringu, and Berri go to the same all-girls junior high.
The couples are: Ichigo/Masaya; Ryou/Lettuce; Zakuro/Mint(there just aren't enough fanfics with them as a couple and it pisses me off!);and(because I just don't care about Berri's cannon boyfriend) Ringu/Berri.
Also I suppose I have to apologize to all of you Kish fans. Unfortunately, he Pai, and Tart were tragically taken from us by either an a attack of rabid space monkeys or by an exploding orangutan that was smuggled onto their ship. Either way, Ship blew up, Kish go bye-bye!