Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Dearly Beloved ❯ Chapter 11

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Optimus Prime entered the courtroom and sat behind the judge's bench. For him to hear the case, it must be a big deal. That, and he probably didn't want to watch yet another Congress fight.

"Please be seated," said Prime.

Everyone sat down.

"Court is now in session. You may now make your arguments."

"Yes, your honor," said Starscream. "As once said, marriage is an important and sacred instituion. One not to be entered into lightly, or taken lightly. But taking marriage lightly is exactly what Bumblebee has done!" Starcream pointed right at Bumblebee. "He went to Earth and had an affair!"

The crowd nodded, disgusted by this revelation.

"And with a flesh-creature, no less!"

"Objection!" Bumblebee said.

"Sustained," said Optimus. "There was be no speciesist statements in my courtroom."

"Understood," Starscream said. "My main point remains, though. Bumblebee, on the day, showed utter contempt for his spouse, their unborn baby, and the very institution of marriage. While this is a historically significant union, it is also one that was forced upon its participants. Perhaps they simply aren't happy together."

Not happy together? He did his best to put that thought out of his mind. Bumblebee glanced over at Soundwave, who, to his horror, no longer looked pregnant.

"It is my client's contention, therefore, that this marriage should be dissolved, and that Bumblebee be forced to pay the monetary penalty, in accordance with marital law." Starscream sat down.

"You may now present your argument," Optimus said to Bumblebee.

"I have no excuse, legally or morally," said Bumblebee. "Starscream's right. I slagged up, big time. I mistook a friendship with Spike for something more, and betrayed Soundwave as a result. But now I realize where my true feeling lie."

Bumblebee turned to address Soundwave directly.

"Soundwave," Bumblebee said, "I would apologize, but I know that mere words cannot make up for what I've done. What I can do, though, is show you how sorry I am. I can do that by remembering from now on whom is was that I married that day, and by giving you the respect and conisderation you deserve. I can do it by letting you be as angry with my as you want for as long as you want. So, please, can't we give this a second chance?"

The onlookers were rather moved by that speech.

Bumblebee dared to hope this could be put behind him.

Soundwave took a minute to consider Bumblebee's words. "Negative," he said. "Cannot forgive."

"Divorce granted," Optimus said.

Bumblebee was now paying for his mistake financially as well as emotionally. Worse yet, it was soon confirmed that Soundwave had indeed aborted the pregnancy. Their baby would forever remain unnamed.

There was nothing left but for Bumblebee and Soundwave to do but walk out of the courtroom, and out of each other's lives.