Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The Bots of my Dreams ❯ Trying to know why ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six: Trying to know why

By kellyQ

Two humans where met back to back as the Decepticons stepped closer to them; Rena drove up transformed and landed in front of the them ready to fight.

"Surrender, Rena! You can't beat all of us combined!"

Get a hold of your self, she thought as she looked at everyone of them, they are only holograms and I have to make sure that I get the humans for safety. Rena transformed opened the door and told the humans to get in, with no hesitation they got and she drove right toward Scourge. He jumped out of the way as Rena drove straight-ahead leaving a trail of dust behind her.

"Are you all right?"

"I think so."

"Good. Computer, disengage training program."

Everything around the room faded away as Rena transformed walked toward the bench and stopped when she saw Sideburn standing there handing her a towel. She took one look at him yanked the cloth out of his hand and walked out with no words slamming the door behind her. He just stood there with a blank expression on his face; I know she hates me, she thinks I'm ugly annoying like everyone else does. Sideburn walked out transformed and drove off.

*********************************

"Sideburn? What are you doing here? Did Optimus send you?" Koji asked waking up.

"Oh, hi, Koji."

The young boy flinch at the way he was greeted by his friend. Usually, the young Autobot would want to great him in a frisky 'how it's going Koji' but this time it was just a plane old 'oh hi, Koji' in a monotone unenthusiastic way.

"What's wrong sideburn?"

"It's Rena. She hate's me."

"You didn't tell me that you had a girlfriend."

"That's just it, Koji," Sideburn sighed, "she's with Ultra Magnus."

"Oh wow. Is she pretty?"

"Gorgeous and when she moves, its poetry in motion."

"That's... uh great. But have you told her how you feel?"

"I tried but she just blows me off."

***********************************

Koji walked in the main room to see T-ai and Rena working on the computer; oh so that's Rena. I don't see what the different is but if Sideburn says she's gorgeous then I'll have to respect that. T-ai turned and greeted the young boy with a warm smile on her face.

"What is a human doing in here?"

"Don't worry. He's a personal friend of ours, and son of Dr. Omishi."

That's... uh great." Rena responded turning her attention back to the computer.

"She must be busy." Koji whispered to T-ai.

"Rena's busy, but is there something bothering you?"

"As a matter a fact there is."

"Do you want to talk about it?" T-ai offered.

"... If you are not busy."

"It's no problem at all. Rena? Could look after things, I'm going to talk to Koji for one moment."

"Fine. Leave me to do all the dirty work."

"Thanks, I appreciate that."

They both turned and walked out as the door closed behind them. Optimus drove up transformed and greeted them with a respectful hello walked past them and into the main room asking Rena how thing were going as the door closed behind him.

"Now, what is the problem? If it's your father, we are trying to find him as best as we can."

"No it's not that. I met up with sideburn and he seemed upset because Rena doesn't even like him."

"Well ... uh ... Rena has a lot on her mind, I'm sure she doesn't mean any of it."

"Yea, I would like to believe that story." Said Sideburn walking up.

"Uh ... Sideburn..."

He walked past them with no other comment; the Autobot walked in the main room asking if he could talk to Rena in privet. She shook her head not even looking back at Sideburn. Optimus sighed, started to hate the way Sideburn was being treated, I'm going to have to talk to her.

"Rena, can we talk?" Sideburn asked

"I'm busy ---"

"No. We walk! Now!" Said Optimus angrily.

"Since you put it so nicely ..."

They both walked out past Koji and T-ai down the hallway to the training room to see the Spychangers about to practice on there way how to work as a teem. Hotshot turned and asked if they wanted to use, if Optimus had a mouth, he would smile and say that they could use a different room, but instead he said in a very soft voice that they could go to another room and talk.

"Okay."

********************************

"All right Optimus, you better have a good reason why you called me in here!"

"We all know that you have a lot of things on your mind but way do you have such a grudge against Sideburn?"

"Is that the reason way you wanted to talk to me, about how great Sideburn is? If that's that case, I'm out of here!"

"Okay. But you should at lest talk to him and tell him why you don't like him."

"Why? I don't see the different! He'll still drool all over me!"

"Rena," Optimus sighed closing his eyes trying not to lose his temper, "you may not realize it but you are really hurting Sideburn. All he really want is to be your friend, nothing more."

"Yea right! Like I would like to believe that one."

"Rena, what's happened to you? Why are you being like this? It's like you don't even trust us anymore ..."

"Look Optimus, I didn't come here just to be to tossed around like a pendulum on clock! I came here to make sure that Maguns stays out of trouble! Not to have people drool over me!"

"I understand. Magnus and I all so talked and he wants to know why you are acting so distant toward everyone."

Rena backed away as she winced, that's when he knew that he pressed her buttons. He immediately apologized for something he shouldn't have said. She backed up even more turned with her optic sensors filed with emotions. Optimus sighed walked out when he met up with Sideburn.

"What did you say to her that made her so pissed?"

"I tried to get her to apologize to you. But I just think that she needs some space."

"Thanks, Optimus, I do appreciate you trying. But don't worry about it."

"You sure?"

"I'm positive. But can I talk to you about something I've been walking tell you for a while?" Sideburn asked with a dream look on his face.

"Sure. What it is?"

Just as they were about to walk in the room when they heard creaming, crashing, and shouting. They both turned ran down the hallway to the room and saw Rena throwing things and making mess out of the room. Optimus ran up trying to get her attention.

"Rena! What's wrong?" T-ai asked from the doorway. "what's going on?"

They all turned to see all the Autobots with worried looks on their faces. Rena looked away from everyone knowing that they knew she had a problem an attitude problem.

"Rena, why wont you let us help you? We are your friends. We wont hurt you. We want to help you, including Magnus." Said Optimus softly looking into her optic sensors.

The words 'including Magnus' rang in her ears as she looked as though she was struck by stone. She looked back at everyone seeing them all smiling and nodding their heads. Then she looked back at Sideburn but he wasn't in the room. Rena looked down with shame on her face. She didn't mind the young Autobot at all, she didn't have the heart to tell him that she didn't want him to get hurt by Ultra Magnus if he found out that she liked him (a little.

"I'm sorry, Sideburn." Rena whispered.

**************************

The young Autobot brother found himself at a lake. He transformed sat down on a log stared at his own reflection in the water. He didn't see anything wrong with the way he looked nor the he spoke. No one in the past has criticized the way he acted ... well every once in a while Optimus and his older brothers would remind him stay on task but other than that no one was ever mean to him or tried to hurt his feelings.

"Sideburn?"

"Huh?"

The young Autobot turned to see X-Brawn walking up, he sat next to his brother looking over the sun seat in silence.

"Why so blue, Sideburn?"

"Does everyone hate me?"

"Huh? What makes you think that, little brother?"

"Rena. She hates me."

"What makes you think she hates you? Did you do something to make her dislike you?" X-Brawn asked.

"No ... okay maybe I did by joking around ... I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to play around with her feelings..." Said Sideburn sadly.

X-Brawn put his arm around his young brother to comfort him as he sighed. They stayed like that for quite some time until it got dark. By that time Optimus was walking up asking if everything was okay, both brothers got up saying that everything was okay.

"You sure?" Optimus asked Sideburn with concern in his voice.

Both brothers nodded their heads, but Optimus knew that something was wrong with Sideburn and he wanted to find out what's wrong. Once they got the headquarters Optimus motioned for Sideburn to follow him down the hallway into his room.

"What's been bothering you?"

"I don't know ..."

"Does it have to do with Rena or anything like that?" Optimus asked.

"No, it's not that at all. I know that I'll never compete with your brother. It's just that ..."

"Optimus ... come in! The Decepticons are attacking the city in secretor k-12!"

"I'm on my way T-ai!"

It's now or never, Sideburn thought as he put his hand on the leaders shoulder turned him around and kissed him the check. Optimus slowly looked down at his comrade who backed away saying that he didn't mean to kiss him.

"We better see what the Decepticons are doing, okay?"

"Yes, sir."

They both walked out; Optimus turned his head and looked at Sideburn who was lagging a few feet away with his head down. Oh no, he thinks I hate him, the leader thought, I could never hate him. I really do love him as a son. Optimus stopped and waited for his comrade to catch up; Sideburn stopped when he was next to his leader. Is he really that afraid of me? Silence filled the air; why do I all ways entente to screw everything up, Sideburn thought, I can never do anything right.

"Come on. We're going to be late."

With no other words Optimus took Sideburn's hand and they ran down the hallway toward the Globule-Space-Bridge. The young Autobot couldn't believe it; could it be? Does Optimus really have the same feeling?

Well find out in the next chapter...

bots7