Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The First Mystery ❯ ~Strange transmutation~ ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
(Author's Note: Ok, Hopefully, this will turn out a bit better then the original. Heh heh... For starters, I don't have eleven new characters anymore. I only kept the important ones, and the fic no longer has anything useless in it. Also, I've been writing anime fics for a while, so if I accidentally use terms like face faulting or sweat drops, well, sorry. Another thing, there are simply some factors of this fic that I had decided a long time ago, but that I didn't have the heart to change, so if there's anything that's somewhat old fashion, that would be the reason. Well now, let's get started, shall we?)
The First Mystery (part 1)
~Strange Transmutation~

by: AniDragon

"The winds are changing," Nuriko said in a monotone voice, "The Dark Child will arrive sooner then we thought."
"But only one of the Chosen Children is on Earth. The rest have crashed and are probably dead," A'Casta responded to her.
"Then we must find other means. But first let us start with the Chosen Child that is already on Earth. It seems that he can't use his powers in his current Transmetal form."
"Then we will give him a new form."
"Very well, but no other Maximal or Predacon must undergo this transformation. We mustn't alter the time line more then needed."
"So be it. Activate operation 916."

~Sentinel, disactivated~
"Cheetor, what did you do this time?"
It was actually quite a normal day at the Maximal base. The Predacons hadn't attacked all day, Rattrap and Dinobot hadn't gotten into any serious fights, and Cheetor hadn't done anything stupid.
Until now.
"I didn't do anything!" Cheetor protested, "I just sat down!"
"Well, maybe you hit somethin' while you were sittin' down," Rattrap suggested.
"No I didn't!"
"Well, just put it back on line before da Preds find out and attack us!"
"Ok," Cheetor mumbled, and pushed a button on the computer.
The wrong button.
~Self detonation sequence, activated. 10 seconds till explosion.~
"CHEETOR!!!" Everyone exclaimed.
"Oops," He muttered, then quickly typed in a few sequences.
~Self detonation aborted. Sentinel, reactivated~
Everyone breath a sigh of relief. Dinobot went up to Cheetor and hit him behind the head.
"Be careful from now on, cat. I don't feel like blowing up today."
"Sorry."
Every one got back to their stations, and Cheetor frowned, not really sure why sentinel had been disactivated. He was sure that he hadn't hit anything.
His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a small blimp on the scanners.
What the... He thought, Is that a stasis pod falling? No way! I thought that they all crashed!
"Um, Big Bot?"
"What is it Cheetor?" Optimus said, coming up behind him.
"Well, either there's something wrong with the scanners, or we miscalculated something, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say that there's a stasis pod falling."
Optimus looked at the scanners and almost fell down in shock.
"Maximals! Code Red now!"
"Hein?" Rattrap said, leaning over to look at the scanners, "A stasis pod?! What the cheeze?!"
"Ok, Cheetor, Rattrap, Dinobot, you come with me. Rhinox, Silverbolt, you two try and contact Tigatron and Airazor and relay the coordinates to them. Now let's move out! The pod's falling in our territory, so we have the advantage, but we still need to hurry!"
"Very well sir!" SilverBolt said before siting at the computer to try and locate Tigatron and Airazor.
Cheetor began to move towards the elevator, but then he stopped in his tracks. Not because he wanted too, but because he couldn't. He couldn't move!
"Cheetor! What are you doing! We have to hurry!"
"The kid's not the only one with problems Boss Monkey!" Rattrap said, "I can't move either!"
"What?" Optimus stuttered, then noticed the source of the problem.
Two thin red beams of light had come out of the main computer. One had passed through Cheetor's leg, and the other was holding Rattrap by the shoulder.
Before anyone had any time to react, more of the beams came out of the computer, but each of them missing the other maximals. The result was three through Cheetor and five through Rattrap. Several others had harmlessly struck the wall, though one had come quite close to hitting Dinobot...
"What in the pit is going on?!" He screamed out, careful not to hit the beam that had went under his nose.
Rhinox made his way to the main computer, narrowly avoiding the red beams sprouting from it.
"It seems almost like a pattern. If you look closely, the beams are all emitting a different frequency, but all of them have something in common."
"What are the frequencies?" SilverBolt asked.
"In order? 97, 17, 67, and then it just repeats."
"Hold on a sec. If you take away the 7s that makes 916. That's the grid that the stasis pod is falling in!"
"But what does that mean?" Rhinox asked.
"I don't know."
But no one had time to say more, for a pale blue light came out of the computer. Before anyone knew it, they went off line....

*crisssshhh...*
~Scanning for beast mode~
*crisssshhh...*
~No beast modes found. Protoform will disactivate in 5 cycles~
Disactivate? What the? I think not! I'm not disactivating that easily!
*crisssshhh...*
~Alien life form detected! Activating auto guns!~
Auto guns? Since when are there auto guns on stasis pods?
*crisssshhh.... click... click... crisssshhh... clickclickclick.... BANG... crisssshhh...*
~Beast mode found. Activating now.~
Huh? What about the aliens? Oh... I give up... At least it found a beast mode...

Rattrap woke up. That was all, he simply woke up. No head ache, no drowsiness, nothing. He got up and looked down at his hands. They were all black.
Man, I must have fallen in oil or something.
He quickly scanned the room to see the other maximals waking up as well. Except for...
Hey... Where's the kid?
And then he saw Cheetor on the other side of the room and gasped.
Cheetor looked at Rattrap and sighed, "Oh great, not again."
Cheetor was no longer in his transmetal form. His new exo-structure seemed much like his non transmetal form, but the black and yellow were reversed, and the blue was darker. Instead of his old yellow eyes, they were now a deep crimson.
Rattrap, suspecting that something similar had happened to him, turned to look at the reflective surface of the CR chamber.
Indeed, he too had changed. Like Cheetor, his exo-structure was like his non transmetal form, except with different colors. His arms, legs, and face-- which used to be silver-- were now as black as night. His old pink helmet was now blood red, and his eyes were a deep forest green. Strangely enough, the rat's head on his chest looked exactly the same as it did in his non transmetal form, but more metallic.
"What's going on?" He muttered under his breath.
Optimus sighed, "Oh great, not the aliens again."
Cheetor looked at his arms, "And just when I was getting used to being transmetal."
Dinobot snarled, "Both of you are still just as ugly as ever."
"Hey! Care to repeat that, Chopper face?!" Rattrap dared, "I'm sure that these new bods' come with powerful firepower! D'ya want me to test them on ya?"
"Hmph! It would just be a waste of my time."
"Ooh! So your scared then!"
"Ha! I just don't want to waste my energy on you, vermin!"
Cheetor got in between the two, who were mere inches away from each other, "Wow! Come on guys, you can fight later! Right now we need to hurry up and get that stasis pod!"
Optimus gasped, "Your right! I almost forgot! We have to hurry, who knows how much time passed while we were unconscious!"
"Don't bother," A feminine voice from behind them said.
Everyone quickly turned towards the source of the voice. In the elevator was a coyote.
Optimus moved towards it slowly, "Are you the stasis pod that fell?"
The coyote nodded, "DeathBolt, Maximize."
Her transformed form shocked everyone. Her eyes were a deathly silver, while her body was a beautiful and shiny green. Her armor was dark purple, and didn't leave much to the imagination. She had long red hair, and a visor over one eye.
She looked over the maximals, and her eyes froze on Rattrap, "Been a long time, ne?"
His eyes narrowed, "Do I know you?"
She giggled, "You're kidding, right? You don't recognize me?"
Rattrap began to shake his head, and then his eyes widened in shock, "Wait a sec, what did you say your name was?"
"DeathBolt."
No way, Rattrap thought, I should have guessed it was her.
"Yeah, I guess it has been a long time, cousin."

~End of Prologue~

(A/N: Sorry it's so short! The next part (whenever it comes out) will probably be longer. But it'll probably take a while, since I'm working on a lot of other fics. I'm actually surprised that I finished this so soon. I've been in a Fushigi Yuugi funk lately, and haven't worked on anything else. (You might have noticed, since I used the name "Nuriko" at the beginning) Anyway, I hope you liked this part! Please review! Compliments are cherished, constructive criticism is appreciated, and flames are used to roast marshmallows. Just review! Onegai?)

~AniDragon~