Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Transformers: Aftermath ❯ Return to Cybertron ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Transformers: Aftermath

Prolouge

In the vast blackness of space... no one can hear you scream. In a transwarp conduit... it reverberates in your head.
Shackled to the back of the Autobot shuttle, Megatron screams curses, that only he can hear, and pulls at the straps holding him down. The one thought on his mind is retibution, the complete and total destruction of Optimus Primal. It is the only thing that keeps his insanity from going any deeper. Despite his struggles to free himself from his bindings, his mind works on and formulates a plan... a plan for revenge against the Maximals.

Within the shuttle, the Maximals relax for the first time since the Beast Wars begain. With Megatron in their custody, and strapped outside the cabin, they plan for the future.
"Eh, this is gonna be swell." Rattrap leans back in his chair as he places his hands behind his head and his feet on a nearby console. "Can't wait to get back to my old waterin' hole and visit with some of my old friends."
"I wonder how much has changed since the Axalon left." Rhinox speaks from the pilot's chair as he watches the course settings on the primary panel. "We have been away for almost four stellar-cycles, there has to have been some sort of advance during that time."
"We'll find out when we get there." Optimus Primal gazes out the viewport. "Now, let's just rest. The Beast Wars are over and Megatron is..." He stops as something pulls at him... pulls at the edges of his spark.
"You all right Big-bot?" Cheetor looks up to Optimus as he places a hand on his commander's leg.
"Yeah, you look a little pale, Boss monkey." Rattrap quirps.
Optimus shakes his head. "Nothing." He pushes Cheetor away a little. "I'm fine, just thinking of home, of Cybertron." His gaze returns to the viewport but his mind is a little uneasy.

Megatron laughs easily as he pulls at one of his bindings, it has weakend and his freedom is at hand. With a surge of strength, he rips his arm free and howls in triumph! Plans run through his head as he reaches for the binding on his other arm and then rips it free. His hand claws into the metallic shell of the Autobot shuttle as he rips his legs free of their shackles. His insidious lauch echoes though his head as he raises his left arm and opens the mouth of his beast head.
"Cybertron will not have me, Optiumus Primal, for I will have it, and your head!" Megatron unleashes a plume of flame upon a section of the hull, super heating it to uncanny tempretures, and then freezes it immediately. The poor hull, from the time of the ancient wars, cannot withstand the stran and begins to crack allowing Megatron access to his vengence.

"Look out, Optimus Primal." A voice echoes in Optimus' head as he turns back toward the cabin. He closes his optics and knows that something...
A thunderous crack echoes through the cabin causing Rhinox to turn around. "What was that?"
"Megatron..." Optimus jumps into action. "Silverbolt, bring the external cameras online."
"Yes, Optimus." Silverbolt leaves Blackarachnia's side and heads for a console activating it and accessing the camera systems. "As you will see, Megatron is securely..." He doesn't finish as the cameras focus on Megatron ripping through the hull.
"Free, Maximals!" With intense fury, Megatron tears through the hull and exposes the cabin to vaccum, causing the Maximals to stare up at him. "And I will destroy you!" He raises his arm prepared to turn the shuttle into a burning inferno, the fire ant would be proud, just as a klaxon goes off.
"Transwarp field destablizing!" Rhinox immediately turns back to the pilot's console. "Megatron's destroyed the primary power conduit to the engines!" Spacial turbulance buffets the shuttle knocking those within off their feet and causing the one outside to falter in his grip.
"No!" Megatron's hand slips from the hull. "So close! So close!" His mass begins to separate from the shuttle's as the turbulence increases. "I'll get you Primal!" Megatron is caught in the Transwarp wake and is pulled from the shuttle and quickly disappears from sight.
Within, Optimus Primal strugles to stand in all the turbulence. "Rhinox! How far are we from Cybertron!" His question is answered as the transwarp conduit ceases to exist and a huge orb of steel takes its places. "By the Matrix..."
Rhinox's fingers mangle the console as his grip tightens and he realizes one thing. "Brace for impact!"