Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Transformers: Star Fury ❯ The Omega Canon ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode 2 - The Omega Cannon

Grand Convoy, Ramulus, Prowl, and Jawbreaker stand in the well-lit cavern-like room that holds the Omega cannon. All but Grand are in awe of the machinery located here.

"Grand, is there something you haven't told us?" Ramulus turns to his commanding officer. "This thing must be the reason behind out mission." Grand nods as he walks along the catwalk toward the cannon.

"The Convoy Council learned of this, the Omega cannon. Rumor has it that this thing can destroy planets." He places his hand on the acceleration chamber, "The specifications we received from an agent, within the Destron ranks, diagramed the power output of this thing, his last message was that the assumptions were wrong." They all stare at Grand with little belief. "The agent said that from his calculations this weapon could destroy stars."

"Nothing can do that!" Jawbreaker's jaw drops, "There's no slaggin' way that this thing is that powerful." Prowl places his hand on Jawbreaker's shoulder.

"They destroyed a planet the size of Earth using only ten percent power intake." Ramulus and Jawbreaker both look at Grand Convoy with shocked expressions on their faces as Prowl continues. "Only Primus knows what this thing could do a full power."

"The Council was very specific on what I was supposed to do, they wanted this thing protected whatever the costs."

Seven solar-cycles earlier.

The Convoy council stood like monoliths as Grand Convoy stepped before them, he recognized the faces of several whom he knew well. A single spotlight lit above him and God Convoy stepped into view.

"Grand Convoy, you have been called here to undertake a mission of utmost importance." God Convoy spoke with very little emotion, the leader of the council had done this for far too long.

"You are to infiltrate the Destron shipyards at Epsilon Sierra…" Lio Convoy spoke.

"And steal the vessel known as the Novastriker." Big Convoy finished what Lio Convoy had started.

"This will be a difficult mission and many might die attempting to fulfill its parameters." Super Fire Convoy's voice was a emotionless as the rest of them.

"There is a weapon of great destruction on that vessel, its power has already destroyed a planet the size of earth. You must understand that we deliberated greatly to choose you for this mission." God Convoy pauses, "You have your choice of personnel but we ask that you take along Prowl," a spotlight ignites above the transmutate revealing him to Grand. "he has studied all the information that was gathered on this weapon and knows it well."

"One question, it you will permit it council members." Grand Interjects.

"Very well, a question is permitted." God Convoy motions for Grand to continue.

"What will be done with the weapon?"

"A good question, Grand Convoy." Super Fire Convoy steps forward a single step. "The weapon will be studied by our scientists and then destroyed. It is far too dangerous for it to remain intact." Grand nods as Super Fire Convoy finishes. The council stands in silence as they await Grand's answer.

"I accept." All the spotlights, except the one over Grand Convoy, go out, Grand ponders what he has just gotten into.

Grand motions toward the cavernous room with his arm.

"This was never meant to be, the Destrons have done something that should never have been done." He sighs, "It is a good thing that the ship broke apart, the cannon does not have enough energy to be used." Ramulus hefts his double slag-maker cannon.

"We should destroy this thing before it the Destrons can get it." Prowl places his hand on the weapon.

"No, there is enough energy in this thing to destroy this planet, if you shoot it a chain reaction will occur and…" He elects to not finish the rest.

"Our objective is to guard this weapon from the Destrons and ensure that the rescue team can transport it back home so it can be studied." Grand stands and heads for the corridor, "We should fortify this place on the double." He stalks out of the room and heads for the nearest access tunnel.