Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Generation Gunsmoke ❯ Nightime in December ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Standard Disclaimer: Trigun isn't mine, not making any money, etc…

Generation Gunsmoke: Part V

Night Time in December

Nickie lay awake and stared toward her open window. "We will be his killers…" Her vow ran through her head over and over. Would she be able to coldly kill the man responsible for the death of her parents? She knew that any traces of doubt could lead to disaster when they left here.

Nickie had enough of her father in her to realize that both she and Nick had lead very sheltered lives in December. The people knew them and had known their father. Not only that, Nickie was aware of how she looked. She also knew the men here had a healthy respect for Nick and Uncle Vash. But out there, she was bound to encounter men that would not treat her very nicely.

She was not ignorant of what went of between a man and a woman, she was not quite sure of the particulars though. There had been no man in her life that she had developed a girlish crush on unless you counted Uncle Vash. Uncle Vash was so handsome with his golden spiky hair and mischievous aqua eyes. When she was little, she had asked him to marry her when she was grown up, but he had gently replied that he was already married to her mother Meryl.

Nickie now often wondered how Uncle Vash and Meryl coped with the differences between them. She had watched her mother change slightly over the years while Uncle Vash remained the same. Mother had fine lines at the corners of her eyes and some gray was noticeable in her hair when the sun caught it just right. But, he was devoted to her.

Sighing softly, she threw off the covers. Opening the door cautiously, she padded down the hall to Nick's room. A small sliver of light was visible beneath his door. Tapping softly, she called out to see if he were still awake. His answering reply made her open the door and slip inside.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"I'm going out for a while that's all. What are you doing awake this time of night anyway. Couldn't sleep?"

Nickie nodded. "I just feel so restless, like I am missing out on something…" she sighed in the pale light. "Maybe it's nothing." Her head came up suddenly. "Where are you going? Can I come too?"

Nick laughed softly, "I don't think you'd be interested in where I'm going."

"Are you going to that saloon at the edge of town? You know how mother feels about that."

"No, Miss Nosy, I am not going there. I'm going to…" His words were abruptly cut off by a low cry from the other end of the hallway. The twins exchanged knowing looks before Nick added, "Hmmm… sounds like they're at it again."

"I hope I find a man that will love me like that someday." Nickie sighed wistfully.

"Give me a woman like that who could overlook any visible flaws and still love me and I'll die a happy man," Nick countered.

Each twin was lost in thought for a moment as they recalled the first time they had seen Vash without his shirt. It had been early morning, just as the sky was becoming light. They gaped at the horrible scars that covered the majority of his upper body. His mechanical arm and pieces of wire mesh had gleamed dully in the early morning light. It was a sight they had never forgotten.

"So, you want to tell me again where you're going?"

"You'll be shocked."

"No I won't."

Nick grinned evilly. "I'm going to the brothel at the edge of town." He awaited his sister's horrified reaction.

"Oh… the place you've been going since you were sixteen?"

"How did you know?" Nick asked in disbelief. "No one was supposed to know. Well, Vash knew, but he promised to keep it a secret."

"I thought I kept hearing you leave at night, so I followed you. Don't blame Uncle Vash. He didn't tell me. As a matter of fact, he almost scared the daylights out of me the same night."

"How did he do that?"

"He heard me leave the house and followed me." Nickie shrugged. "I promised him I wouldn't tell you I knew your secret or that I wouldn't tell mother. He said she would be really angry."

Nick shook his head. "I guess I should have known that I couldn't keep stuff from you."

"Why do you go there? I mean there must be something special about making love, but I thought you were supposed to care about the person you did that with."

Nickie might be deadly proficient with her gun, but she was clueless about real life. He wondered briefly if his father had ever felt the same about his mother. "Look, I think this is an idiotic thing to be discussing with my sister, but loving someone has little to do with enjoying sex."

"You don't treat those poor women at that place like that mean Mr. Knives treated our poor mamma do you?"

"No, I'd never do anything to hurt woman like that. I'm just… Sex is… just enjoyable. You'll… uhh… find out when you meet that person you want to spend your life with." Nick felt his face flush as he stammered out his explanation to his sister.

"Maybe I'll just find some guy and find out for myself what exactly sex is all about then. It sounds like it could be fun."

"It's not like that for girls, at least not for nice girls like you. If you start doing things like that, then folks will think you're nothing but some cheap slut."

"I hate it when you act so much more grown up than me. Especially when I'm the oldest."

"By five minutes, you're the oldest. Look, you know it's a man's world and I am trying to protect my sister."

Nickie smiled in the darkness. "Oh, go on. I'm just teasing you anyway. But you know I am grown. You can't go on protecting me forever. One day, I'll find out for myself what all the fuss is about."

Nick crossed the room to the doorway. "Yeah, and the bastard you take up with better have the right intentions in mind or he won't have to worry about dealing with me, he'll have to face something worse."

"Worse than you, What could possibly be worse than an overprotective, irate, gunslinging brother?"

Looking back over his shoulder he spoke three words in the darkness before disappearing, "Vash the Stampede."

Nickie watched her brother's retreating back in silence. "Oh, yeah, I forgot. He might pose a problem if there ever is a man I take an interest in." Nickie stood there a moment more. "Why should Nick have all the fun? I think I'll go to town for a while." It wouldn't take but a moment to get dressed.

**************

Down the hallway, Vash and Meryl lay in each other's arms. Meryl was tracing the outline of a few of his scars. "What do you find so interesting about those old marks?"

"Nothing, they are just a part of you. I sometimes wonder if you think I hate the sight of your body. It's not too often we make love in the daylight."

"Ha… with all these kids running around here? Even the worst womanizer on the planet has a few morals."

Her lips dropped to his chest to place a soft kiss there. "I just want you to know I love each and every part of you. I never cared how you looked."

"There will never be another woman like you, Meryl."

"Not even Rem?"

Vash laughed shortly. "Rem was like a mother to me. I promise I don't see you as a mother figure. Unless…" he trailed off suggestively.

"Unless what," Meryl demanded.

"Unless, I'm sucking on those gorgeous nipples."

Meryl blushed in the darkness. She would never get used to his teasing. Vash smiled at her as he levered himself over her. She smiled as she cupped both breasts in her hands. She ran her fingertips over her nipples, causing them to bead with awareness. Vash's eyes took on a darker shade.

"You are an evil wench to tease a poor man like this."

"Who said I was teasing?" I may be trying to get your attention."

Vash pressed his way between her thighs. She felt his hardness probe at her moist entrance. "You have my undivided attention."

"So I feel."

Vash dipped his lips to claim her mouth in a searing kiss. He would never tire of her. Even though he knew he would only have her for a few years, it was a chance he had been glad he had taken. His arms tightened around Meryl's slender form as she responded to his kiss. Her tongue slid over and around his as her hips thrust lightly against his hardness. He broke off the kiss and smiled down at her.

"What do you want with this old broken down gunslinger?"

"Well, since I have long given up on the idea of collecting on the $$60 Billion, I just want him to make love to me…"

He thrust upward suddenly, taking her by surprise. His length slid into her to the hilt, as she gasped at the sensation. "You're slightest wish…" he whispered against her lips.

Meryl moaned against his mouth as her legs wrapped around his waist. He slid partially out of her heated wetness and plunged back in. Stroking the building fires in her lower body. Her hips met his in an increasing rhythm, both pushing closer to the edge with each thrust.

Vash rolled to his back bringing her with him. Meryl felt his hard thickness slide a tiny bit deeper as she rode him in the darkness. His hands roved up her chest to lightly pinch her aching nipples. She gasped at the sensation. He leaned forward and pulled her low to his mouth. He loved the taste of her sweet flesh.

Vash lay back and wrapped his hands around her waist, helping her maintain her speed. He wanted to come now, but held himself back to allow her to find her release first. He thrust up into her sheath, wringing a low moan from her lips. Sweat dripped down her chest with her efforts.

Vash allowed one finger to slide between their bodies. He massaged her clit with expert strokes, causing her to gasp sharply and jerk against him. "Vash… "

"Come on, Meryl, just a few more strokes. Let yourself go… I'll catch you."

His fingers continued to tease a response from her heated flesh until she gasped his name once more as she pitched forward on his chest. Vash smiled briefly as he felt her spasm on his cock. He thrust into her once more before he too joined her in release, the waves of pleasure pouring over his body as he released his seed into her.

They lay quietly as their heart rates slowed. The sound of footfalls and the opening and closing of a door reached them. A few moments later, the same sounds came again.

Vash spoke in the darkness, "I guess the twins have gone out for the evening."

"I bet Nick is on his way to that cat house and Nickie is going to the bar to play cards."

"You know about that?" Vash asked incredulously.

"I'm their mother, I know these things." She paused dramatically. Vash raised a brow at her. "Actually, I followed them one night. Nick left, then Nickie left. You followed them and I followed you. I had plenty of practice at that you know."

"You are an amazing woman."

"And we have the house to ourselves for the next several hours. Want to go try out the kitchen table again or maybe the stairs? How about both?"

"It has been a while…" Vash looked thoughtful.

Scrambling from the bed, Meryl called out, "Last one down stairs has to give the other a through tongue job." She disappeared out of the door.

Vash lay in bed a few more moments, contemplating the sweet sounds of Meryl's voice as she begged him to make her come and then as she begged him to stop. There were advantages of the twins being grown.

**************

Nickie sat at the table, and scooped up her latest winnings. The men there groaned good-naturedly. Nickie was a very good poker player. They all knew she played fairly. Still not a one of them wouldn't have traded all the poker wins in the world for a chance to have a few hours alone with her.

She was a beautiful woman, but each man knew that between her and them lay Vash the Stampede and her brother. Vash supposedly wouldn't kill anyone, but her brother could be a loose cannon at times. There had been a fight in the whorehouse over a girl one night that had left the place in shambles and one man wishing he had never abused the girl who worked there.

Nickie grinned at the men as they politely rose to leave. They each had homes and families to be getting back to. And there was no sense in mooning over something that each man knew he would never possess. Still, whomever the girl eventually favored was to be envied.

Nickie moved to the bar. "Charlie, how about another one over here?"

The bartender poured her another shot of bourbon. "Think you've had enough, Nickie?"

"Nope, I'm just getting warmed up." She smiled at the hapless Charlie and then turned to chatter with another patron sitting near by.

Sitting across the way a drunken man watched her with keen interest. She was better looking than those used up whores he had seen earlier. There were no other men in here that she might be with. He remembered she had entered alone. He would wait. After all, what father or husband would allow such a woman to be alone, especially in a bar at night?

************

A couple of hours passed. Most of the other occupants of the saloon had left. Nickie stretched and yawned hugely. It was time she was returning. Her family would worry. She paid her tab and made her way to the door. A hand grasped her wrist as she passed a table. "Where you going little lady?"

"Kindly remove your hand sir. I am going home. I am sure my family is waiting."

"Huh, some family… to let a young thing like you out at night by yourself. I got a better idea. Why don't you come on back to my room?"

"No, I make it a point to never go home with strangers or close friends for that matter."

The man gained his feet. He stood several inches shorter than Nickie's 6' 2" frame. "I said you're going home with me."

"I don't believe you heard the young lady stranger. She said she never went home with anyone." A voice spoke from the shadows.

"Oh yeah, what business is it of yours? I don't recall asking for your opinion."

Nickie gasped as the voice stepped into the light. This man in front of her was gorgeous. He was beautiful. Blue hair gently touched his shoulders as one lock fell gracefully over his right eye. He was tall and lean and wore black clothes covered by an odd looking white coat. His visible eye gleamed with a crystalline brilliance.

Nickie recovered her voice, "Thank you sir, but this is not really necessary. I can handle this." Moving swiftly, she kneed the unfortunate man in the groin and tossed him to one side as he screamed in pain. "Charlie?"

"I got it Nickie. You run along on home now."

Clapping politely, the man in the white coat stepped to the side. "I stand corrected, Miss. You are indeed capable of handling minor distractions."

He bowed politely. "May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

Nickie held out her hand. "Nicole M. Wolfwood."

The man reached out and gently took her hand. A sudden bolt awareness shot through her as their hands met. "It is a pleasure," he uttered smoothly as his lips touched the back of her hand.

All thought flew from Nickie's mind. A sudden heat built between her thighs. Was this what passion felt like? She blushed a fiery shade of crimson.

The man smiled at her gently. "I must be on my way. I have business that I must finish."

"Oh," Nickie said the disappointment obvious in her voice. "It was nice meeting you."

The man walked to the door. Stopping briefly, he turned back to her a moment. "Perhaps I may pass this way again once my task is complete?"

Nickie smiled at him brightly for a moment. "How kind of you sir. I would indeed welcome a visit from you in the future. I live at the December orphanage."

He nodded and continued on his way.

Nickie twirled around giddy at the prospect of seeing that beautiful man again. "Oh no, I don't know his name." She frantically ran from the bar and out into the street. But, in either direction, there was no one to be seen.

Sighing dejectedly, she spoke aloud to the fifth moon, "It would have been nice to know his name at least."

"Lazarus…"

She smiled brightly. Yes, the name fit him for some reason. She hoped she would see him again.

*************

Vash looked up from Meryl's breasts. His body snapped to alert. Something was out there. "What's wrong, Vash?" Meryl asked softly.

"It's nothing. Just got a quick chill that's all." His eyes crinkled in a smile as his head dipped back to suckle at her nipples once more.

Meryl gave no thought to his momentary odd behavior. Vash had his moments. She lost herself back to the haze of pleasure he was creating in her body with his tongue.

Vash worried a stiff peak with his tongue while his thoughts ran wild. "What was that?" That day in the desert when he had retrieved his gun and the Cross-Punisher he had felt something very similar. This feeling was close, but not exactly the same. "Who or what is out there?" It wasn't Knives. It was someone else. It was someone seeking revenge for the past.

***********

Lazarus rode the wind currents out of the town. He normally never got involved with petty disputes in bars. Especially not when women were involved. He liked women and was usually a welcome guest at brothels, but he treated the women casually. He knew of a few deviant practices he indulged in with the whores who were willing, but as a whole, he ignored females. The few he dealt with were paid to perform a service that was all.

He wondered briefly why he had stopped to interfere back there. There was something about that girl or maybe something about the nighttime in December. She was beautiful with her sparkling blue eyes and midnight hair. Her innocent charm called to him. He hoped that she was still around when his business was completed. She would be a perfect mate for him.

It was too bad he couldn't take her along right now. He wasn't sure she'd survive what he was getting himself into. Of course, there was a chance that she would be married when he returned, but that would be rather unfortunate for her husband if that were the case.

What Lazarus wanted, he asked for nicely. And if that failed to work, he just took what he wanted. Life on this planet was for the strong. It was a litany his mother had drilled into him for as long as he could remember. "Take what you want, never let anyone control the path of your life. You have free will. Exercise it often. Let no one get in your way or keep you from the things you desire."

There had never been anything he had wanted until now. He wanted Nicole M. Wolfwood and he pitied anyone who stood in his way.

*************

To Be Continued…

*************

So… who is this mysterious young man in the white coat and what business does he have that is so urgent?

And what has returned from the past to haunt Vash again?

Stay tuned to find out and in the mean time please R & R for me.

Love and Peace,

Blackhat (^_~)