Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Two: Chap. Five: My Other Darkness ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
My Other Darkness
He’s looking for her. They got separated three months ago. His only clue was her yellow ribbon that she wore in her hair. He kept it wrapped around his right hand.
She’s been here, he thought. Six months ago, they made a pact. Their origin was placed at Second Moon Hospital. Every patient there described it as one word: Hell. She and him ended up involuntarily committed. They met three days in.
He made himself the top dog. No one dared to mess with him. The doctors couldn’t handle him so well like the other patients. They couldn’t remember a time he didn’t attack them. Sedation and isolation didn’t help either. He only got worse and plotted revenge. However, he couldn’t do this alone. Darkness alone cannot overpower Hell. He needed someone to be his light.
Reiko had nothing tied to her when she was first committed. “Reiko” probably wasn’t her real name. She lost all of her memories during shock therapy. The doctors believed it was a defense mechanism from all of the trauma she experienced. In short, Reiko retreated into her mind with no hope of seeing the outside ever again.
They met when he was in isolation again. She ended up there as well from a breakdown. He wasn’t aware that wasn’t alone until he saw that bright yellow ribbon in the hole in the wall. Curious, he took a peek inside.
“Hello?” he whispered. The owner of the yellow ribbon did not speak.
“Who are you?” he asked.
“I don’t know,” a girl’s voice wheezed out. He found himself rather puzzled by this answer.
“You don’t know?” he asked. “Why is that?”
“I don’t know,” she repeated. He sat back and smirked.
“Well this is rich,” he muttered. “I’m stuck in isolation with an amnesiac.” Never the less, the two soon bonded over days of isolation. In fact, he gave her her name.
“Oh, Reiko,” he spoke up one night.
“Reiko?” she asked.
“Yeah, that’s your name now.”
“But why?”
He shrugged to himself, “Thought it sounded nice.”
“Oh.”
“What? You don’t like it?”
She smiled and shook her head. “No, it’s fine.”
“Anyway,” he said, “I have a plan to get us out of this Hell Hole.”
“What?” she asked.
“Shhh,” he hissed, “Just hear me out.”
Light and Dark