Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Six: Chap. Eighteen: Puppet Girl ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Puppet Girl

What did she see in him? She can't remember. Or rather, she doesn't want to. He had this strange charm around him. What was his name? What was his name? She could remember his face. Such beautiful blue eyes. Can such a thing really exist? Thinking about made her heart flutter. That was the trap. He lured her into his world. Now, she wants out.

But he won't let her go.

He came from nowhere. There are no records of where or when he was born. No parents so to speak. He just… was. There were the theories. Oh yeah, there were theories about him. None of them were correct. But they still persisted. She doesn't know what to believe. But she knows she is trapped.

They met in that institution. He chose her. Easy to see why now.

“I like dolls,” he once said. “So beautiful. So perfect. They don't argue with you. They don't talk back. You can do what you want with them. They are just perfect.” Rieko didn't get it at the time. That made things ideal for him.

She still can't remember much about him. But he fills her soul with dread. Kuro. That wasn't his real name. Who started calling him that? She didn't know. It just kind of stuck. Either way, he won't let her go. She knows why.

---------

-Six Years Ago-

Minerva held the baby in her arms. Rieko slept peacefully. The old lady smiled.

“There, there,” she whispered. “You'll be fine. I won't let them kill you.” Vash counted on her. This couldn't happen again. But she would have to be quick.

Minerva held her hand over the baby's forehead. The child's skin started to glow. The old lady closed her eyes and started to chant. The air became thin around them. She could hear the shouting far away. Minerva could not wait. She drew in a breath and held her hand over the child. Bubbles appeared over little Rieko's body. And then she disappeared. Minerva collapsed onto the ground. The last thing she remembered was shouting behind her as her world went dark.

“Freeze! Don't move!”

At least the child was gone.

----------

Minerva turned to Vash and Meryl. She had a grim look on her face.

“Listen to what I am about to say,” she said. “We don't have much time.”

“What is the matter?” Meryl asked. “Is Rieko sick or something?” The old lady pressed her lips together.

“It's worse than that,” she said. “Much worse.”

Meanwhile, he smirked and held out his hand. He closed it into a fist.

Rieko fell to her knees, gasping. She started screaming in pain. Her vision swam before her. The last thing she heard was some asking if she was all right.

“Miss, are you all right?”

Puppet on Strings