Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Scars ❯ Stretch Marks ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Trigun and I don't make any money off of this.
 
Warnings: Short, serious, not particularly graphic or anything.
 
I plan on making this a series of little one-shots, ficlets, and drabbles. Tell me what you think!
 
Scars Chapter 1: Stretch Marks
 
Vash the Stampede and Nicholas D. Wolfwood had just stepped into their hotel room after a long, grueling day of walking across the desert. Wolfwood immediately took off his coat and shirt, something he had never done in front of Vash before, apparently forgetting that they would be sharing a room that night.
 
Vash understood immediately why Wolfwood hadn't batted an eyelash when he had first seen the blond's impressive array of scars.
 
Along with the expected bullet holes and stab-wounds, Wolfwood's broad back was covered with a network of hundreds of scars. There were only very small gaps between them, as if someone had literally wanted to cover the man's body in scars. They started at the top of his shoulders and appeared to continue past his waist-band. They were probably from a whip or belt.
 
Vash must have made some kind of noise, because the dark-haired man suddenly swiveled around, eyes wide before violently grabbing the white shirt he had just taken off and immediately putting it on. He quickly buttoned it up to his neck before putting his black coat on more calmly. Then he grabbed his lighter from the night stand and lit a cigarette, standing in the opposite corner of the room from Vash and trying to look nonchalant.
 
Vash stopped staring and tried to think of what to say. “Wolfwood… those are…”
 
A long pause while the black-clad priest sucked in a lung-full of smoke and blew it back out, eyes glued to the ceiling.
 
“Stretch marks, Tongari. I grew up too fast.” Wolfwood finally replied.
 
“… stretch marks…” Vash confirmed slowly.
 
I don't know exactly how old Wolfwood is, but I bet someone gave him those scars when he was about five. So he didn't lie - not really. If those scars are really as old as I think they are, he really did grow up too fast.
 
Owari.
 
Author's Note: Like I said above, I'm planning on possibly making a small series of this, so please review and tell me what you think. They might all be connected to this, but they will probably deal with different characters' perspectives on each other and themselves and how they all bear their own scars.