Trinity Blood Fan Fiction ❯ Trinity Blood: Star of the Night Lords ❯ Ch. 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Two
“What do you mean she's missing?” Abel shouted while standing up. “And for two years! Why didn't you contact me?”
“I sent everyone out to look for her. The Iron Maiden made at least three trips over every county side, it's like she's disappeared off the face of the…”
“Don't you say it!” he pointed his long bony finger at her. “Why didn't you contact me?”
“We tried Father Abel.” Her voice was hard. “But being the traveling priest that you are, you made it quite difficult to find you.”
“But two years! Surely you could of tried harder.”
“And what? Have my AX members quit looking for her! With all due respect father, if you had kept in contact with us, maybe you would have learned sooner!”
“Any clues on where she maybe?”
“No one knows. One of her maids noticed she didn't get up one morning. When the guards went in, it looked as if she had not even been there. The bed was made; her clothes were laid out of the next day. The only thing missing was what is claimed to be her favorite necklace. Many believe that she ran away from the stress of the politics, but…” She smiled. “Everyone here knows better.” Able smiled back. “The Professor and I believe she's been kidnapped by vampire terrorist.”
“Do you have any proof?”
“None. It's just a hunch. Esther never backed down from a challenge. Even after you died.” Abel bit his lip. “She went to Albion to try and find peace within herself. She cared for you very deeply.” “Tell me about it.” He thought. “ Father Nightroad, I know of your vow to find your brother, but I thought you should know.” Abel lowered his head. “How am I going to tell her now?”
“Thank you for everything Lady Caterina.” Abel sat back down. “And I apologize for not contacting you during my search.”
“All is forgiven.”
“And if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd like to help.” Caterina smiled
“I thought you would.” She handed him another folder.
“What's this?”
“ Your mission. I want you to go to the Empire.”
“Do you think she's there?” Caterina shrugged.
“There have been some reports, but her majesty could not hide for long over there. Surely the vampires would catch on after all this time.”
“When did the reports surface?”
“Roughly five months ago. I want you to talk the Empress into helping us locate her.”
“And you think I'm the one for the job.”
“Well she is your sister.”
“Whom I haven't spoken to in five years. I cannot be expected to get another warm from her.”
“That's your problem.” She went for her tea. “I will have gunslinger accompany you on the Iron Maiden.”
“Very well.” The priest stood, clutching the folders to his chest. “Anything else I should know?”
“Yes one more thing.” Caterina took a moment to take a sip. “Don't let another chance slip through your fingers this time.”
“Huh?” She smiled at him.
“At least tell her before you run off again.” Puzzled by her last words, Abel turned and left. “Are you mad woman?” He thought. “I want to tell her everything. After moving from place to place you…” the low grumble of his stomach jolted his thought. “I wonder if the kitchen open?”
“You wished to see me” the hologram stood in front of Lady Caterina's desk.
“Sister Kate, prepare the Iron Maiden. Crusnik will be along shortly, I want you to go and pick up Gunslinger, before heading to the Empire.”
“The Empire? Do we have clearance?”
“I will speak with the empress and everything will be accounted for. She will meet with Crusnik.”
“About Esther?”
“Yes, and let's hope she'll be able to help us.”
“I will prepare for lift off, within the hour. Anything else?”
“No at the moment Sister Kate.”
“Very well.” The hologram said before dissipating.
“Let's just this works out for everyone.”