Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“Hey Leah I think it is nice of you to let us climb your mountain!” Jacob said as we approached Clearwater Mountains. All I could think was if this is what vampires thought of when they said a “little” hike next time I would pass, not that I couldn't do it, of course I could, just that it seemed more like work than fun. I frown at the mountain; it was big, beautiful, steep, and was going to take a lot of effort.
 
“Don't frown!” Nahuel nudged my shoulder, “It will be fun. If you don't think you will be able to keep up in human form you can phase I won't mind . . . Although I do prefer your human form”
“You think I am worried about keeping up!” I huffed pretending to be offended. I put my hand on my hips and walked away from him knowing that he would follow, I noticed that the pain I once felt when I walked away from him now was extremely insignificant, maybe it was because I knew he was mine, I smiled at the thought Nahuel was mine.
 
The Cullen's didn't speed up the mountain as I knew they could instead they walked just fast enough to considered fast as far as human speed was concerned. They took in the sights, Renesmee and Bella were amazed by the mountains' beauty, unlike the other Cullen's who had lived for centuries and been all over the world, this was a new experience for them and for me as well. I hated to admit it but this was fun, after hours had passed Jacob phased and Ren thought it was a good idea to ride on his back. Again, I looked at this puzzled, Ren may look small and dainty but she is rather heavy. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a curious Nahuel looking at me.
 
“What?” I said almost afraid to hear what he was thinking.
 
“Does that hurt him?” he asked.
 
“It must not. He has done it several times before” I said looking at the sight again; yep still weird.
 
“I wonder . . .,” he said looking at me again.
 
“Oh no, Nahuel, that will never happen!” I frowned at him, “I am a wolf not a horse!”
 
“Why not?” he teased, “ Are you not strong enough to carry me?” I grimaced at the thought of actually performing this task; that would only happened if it were absolutely necessary. He stared at me while my thoughts wandered, we were still walking he was actually walking backward, I was surprised by how aware he was of his surroundings, I most definitely would have fallen by now. He gave a glance to Edward.
 
“Yes” Edward said so softly I barely heard him with a faint smile on his face. I looked back at Nahuel.
 
“Yes what?” I said narrowing my eyes.
 
“We'll see you at the top” Nahuel whispered picking me up and racing up the mountain. Before I knew it I was sitting on a log in front of an empty campsite.
 
“Not funny” I breathed, Nahuel's speed was ridiculous, and it made me seem like a turtle, not a wolf.
 
“You enjoyed it, admit it” I smirked at his lightheartedness, I turned my head and pouted, he squatted in front of me, “Come on, Leah, you know it was fun” he smiled again.
 
“Okay, maybe it was a little fun”, I said studying his face, and “I know something else that would be even more fun.” I said leaning in I let my lips touch his and his eyes became very serious only momentarily then he grinned once more, he picked me up (something that he seemed to enjoy) and spun me around in a circle.
 
“Nahuel I am getting dizzy,” I said. He stops and puts me on the ground and I stumble toward him, his arms wrap around my waist a faint whisper of laughter coming from him. Then, our eyes meet the heat and intensity made it hard to be playful, it was very hard to ignore. When he laughed the scent of his breath took hold of my nostrils and made me lean in with my lips parted. He leaned in also he placed his pointer finger under my chin forcing my mouth to close and we kissed once more.
 
“Whoa, that's a new development” Alice said as she and Jasper approached the campsite. They put the equipment down and approached us.
 
“When did this happen?” she put her finger to her chin as if she were thinking, I went to answer her question and she put one finger up, “I don't know . . . after the dance maybe” she giggled.
 
“Why is that funny?” I asked honestly confused.
 
“Oh, not funny more like lucky Bella and I won the bet. Now, it is time for the rest of them to pay up.” she smirks, “Why do you think I worked so hard on finding that dress? Just call me cupid.” She sighed and started putting up a tent. Jasper stood with a slight frown on his face.
 
“I am sorry honey you will have to pay up and you might as well inform Emmett too, and I am sure Edward already knows. That is what happens when you bet against me.”
 
The next c0uple to approach our campsite was Emmett and Rosalie, Alice skipped to them merrily with her hand out I heard her faintly tell Emmett to pay up, I turned my back to them knowing that Emmett's personal brand of harassment was lurking around the corner.
 
“Well, well, well”, Emmett said grinning from ear to ear, which to me is a really creepy site. “Lean I guess you are now apart of our fan club too!” He put his arm around my shoulder and shook me slightly, “You hear that world LEAH LOVES `LEECHES!'” I tried to shove away from him.
 
“I believe there is good and bad in everything.” I said finally being released from Emmett, “You being the bad.” After the torture came to an end we helped the Cullen's put up three more tents, one for Jacob, one for Ren, another for me, I didn't know who the forth tent was for. I walked a little past the campsite once everyone starting talking, just to get a little higher so I could get a better perspective on the mountain, again I marveled at the beauty of the surroundings; the way the brown, green, and faint traces of white mingled together created a picture worth painting, I inhaled and smelled the heavenly scent that only the woods can offer, it lured me in. I went to take a few steps further up the mountain when two warm hands touched my shoulders.
 
“And what have you been doing?” he said kissing my ear, as soon as his lips touch my ear I smile so hard my cheeks hurt.
 
“I am enjoying this moment, the scenery is beautiful”
 
“I am glad you are enjoying yourself.” He said wrapping his hands around my waist, “You know in my entire 150 years of living I have never been happier than I have the past couple of days.”
 
He took my hand and we walked and got to know more about each other. He told me of his guilt about leaving his Aunt Huilen to come here, he tried to convince her to come with him but when he told her of his decision to stay indefinitely she refused, he still holds on to hope that she may change her mind. All of his life he felt obligated to stay with her because he forced her into this life; he felt it was his duty to accompany throughout her existence. He also told me of his sisters Marisol, Maria, and Ana. Marisol and Maria were twins they had and extremely strong bond it was almost like they were a pack, in the since that they always knew what the other was thinking, also when one hurts so does the other. His father raised Ana, Joham thought she was special and the two currently work together in the search to create the “supreme” being, whatever that is. She has tried to conceive at the urging of their father however she has yet become impregnated, and she has been trying for for years now. The oddest look came over Nahuel's face when he relayed his information, it seemed like a cross between hurt, disgust, and humor. I could tell that Nahuel loved his family (especially his sisters) however he did not agree or condone with his father's actions.
 
“Ana told me my father was actually intrigued by me coming here” he said looking away from me and watching the something in the trees, “He thought it may be possible that I would that I would create a new entity with Renesmee, so he encouraged my departure, however if he knew the on goings here now, he would not be so pleased.” He smiled faintly.
 
“Hmm” was all I could say to his information, I wasn't disturbed or scared it was just a lot to take in.
 
 
He looked at me and smiled, picked me up (again) and sat down with me in his lap.
 
“That is enough about me.” He said playing with a strand of my hair, “I want to hear everything about you.”
 
I shrugged my story would not be nearly as interesting as his. I told him about growing up on a reservation; the closeness that my father and me shared, I even told him about the heartbreak I experienced when I lost Sam to my best friend and cousin Emily.
 
“Could you imagine my fear when it seemed history was trying to repeat itself?” I looked down plucking pieces of grass from the Earth, “When I realized my feelings for you and your feelings for Ren, in the very same moment, it tore me in two, to know that my imprint had already chose to love someone else; especially Ren.”
 
“You two are close?” he asked we were only a couple of feet from the campsite; he repeatedly rubbed his thumb over the tips of my fingers as he held my hand.
 
“I actually hated Ren at first, she was the reason my pack would be connected to vampires for the rest of eternity. When Ren turned about three we became close the older she got the more she confided in me about the things she couldn't confess to her family members . . . she talks to Seth some too but the two of us connected probably because we are both female.” I shrugged off the memories that had floated back to my head about him being attracted to her.
 
He nodded taking in all the information that I had given him, then his face almost seemed pained, “You and Sam . . .” he hesitated before he asked the question.
 
“Go on” I encouraged. I had already convinced myself that I would be brutally honest with Nahuel about my past relationship, because that's what it was; it meant nothing to me now.
 
“You were in love for years. Did you ever become intimate?” He looked down as he allowed himself to speak these words. He seemed sincerely scared by my answer.
 
“I thought I loved Sam . . .” he tried to interrupt but I put my hand over his mouth, “however, when we tried to have sex, something or someone always interrupted us, maybe that was a sign that we weren't meant to be.”
 
Nahuel smiled softly, obviously pleased by my answer, he lead me back into the company of the Cullens too soon in my opinion I didn't get to ask him about his previous relationships, I would remember that and get back to it later. The rest of the night was filled with jokes, storytelling, and growth and understanding on my part. I knew most of the stories about the Cullen's pasts, but actually hearing them speak the words themselves seeing the pain, joy, and fear, made everything and everyone more “real” to me. For the first time I actually felt close to all of the Cullens, not like someone who was just brought along for the ride, but like was really part of their family.