Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18
 
The next morning I woke up in Nahuel's arms. I looked up expecting to see him staring down at me, however, instead I saw him sleeping peacefully. I shifted my weight carefully to study his face in its perfected beauty as I moved he subconsciously tightened his grip around my waist. After a few minutes of resting in his arms, I replaced myself with a pillow in his arms. As I made my way to the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror that made me pause. I saw, myself standing there in a light blue bra and matching girl boxers, ruffled hair, and swollen lips. I smiled at myself as I touched my lips, remembering the most amazing gift I had received last night.
 
Nahuel and I kissed, touched, and experienced each other freely last night. There was no holding back for fear of impending doom, as he would put it jokingly. Nahuel did struggle with his own battle. His battle to remain virtuous until our wedding night plagued him several times last night. I laughed remembering how torn he looked as he unbuttoned my jeans. His eyes clearly showed his yearning, however as his fingers toyed with my boxer's elastic his looked became troubled.
 
So I made the decision for him. I took his hand and placed it on my heart, he smiled softly and our lips connected once more. As much I wanted to fully connect with Nahuel, I wanted him to feel comfortable and guilt free about the act when it took place. At least now I could take solace in the fact that it would take place. My eyes then connected with small piece of metal that hang slightly above my bellybutton, I lifted the ring, my ring, and it was unique and beautiful.
 
“Perfect” I said staring at the ring, just then I heard Nahuel mumble something in his sleep and then turn on his side. I dressed quickly and went down the hall to find Ren, she was the first one I wanted to share my news with. I went to her room, and then Jacob's room; both were vacant. I took the necklace and placed it under my shirt not wanting anyone to see it before her. I went downstairs Ren and Jacob along with the other Cullen's were entertaining our guests, who I had honestly forgot were here, considering all of the excitement of last night.
 
“Ren, can I borrow you for a minute?”
 
“Sure, why not” she said getting up and following me into the kitchen. I turned around to tell her the news and she flipped out.
 
“OH MY GOD HE GAVE IT TO YOU!” she said as she approached me and pulled my necklace from under my shirt. Within a second all of the Cullen females had migrated into the kitchen.
 
“I'll kill him, he promised he would do it while we were present.” Ren whined.
 
“You knew about this?” I asked nonchalantly reclaiming my ring from her, when she was angry she had the tendency to break things.
 
“Alice and I helped pick it out” she beamed. I turned to look at Alice shocked.
 
“I know, I know, you love it, no need to thank me.” She said taking all of the credit.
 
“He did say he was going to propose on Christmas day, I wonder what or who made him change his mind” Rosalie said motioning toward Sam who was sitting on the couch and insinuating that Nahuel's jealousy was the reason for his urgency. I really didn't care about his reason, all that mattered is that it happened and I loved it.
 
“That wasn't the reason,” Bella blurted out accidentally.
 
“Well then what was his reason then?” Rose demanded.
 
“It was more an act of desperation, that's all I'm going to say. It really is none of our business” she smiled nervously.
 
“Yeah she's right. Why do you have to analyze everything, can't you just congratulate me and move on?”
 
“Congratulations!” They all said in unison, it was extremely creepy hearing all of their bell like voices at the same time. It created a small ringing in my ears that caused me to shake my head in attempt to stop the sensation. Ren then smiled and hugged me and all of them followed suit. I ended up in the middle of a huge group hug with a bunch of beings that I used to want to kill; I couldn't believe that I actually felt happiness from their closeness now.
 
“What's going on?” Rebecca asked from the other room.
 
“Oh nothing” Embry said now standing in the kitchen, “It just looks like all the Cullen's are trying to attack Leah.”
 
“Shut up” I said making my way over to him and punching him in the shoulder. “Look” I showed him my ring. He looked at it seriously for a moment.
 
“Oh my God it is soooo beautiful!” he said in a high-pitched attempt to sound girlie. I punched him again.
 
“Ouch Leah!” he said rubbing arm, “I forgot how feisty you are.”
 
After a few minutes it seemed that everyone had migrated into the kitchen to congratulate me. Shelly bubbled over in excitement she was the only other person in the house that didn't know he had a ring for me.
 
“It's gorgeous, oh my God Leah your engaged!!” she squealed, “So when is it?”
 
“When's what?”
 
“The wedding, silly” She started to ramble off ideas about things that I could do for the wedding, what colors I could use, what type of dress I could wear, “You'll probably want to get married as soon as possible,” Was the last thing she said that caught my attention.
 
“And why do you think that?” She gave me a look to let me know that I wasn't fooling anybody, my urgency to be with Nahuel was known by everyone that lived in this house, I should have been embarrassed, but I wasn't. Just then Nahuel entered the kitchen and he tried to approach me when Ren stopped him.
 
“YOU!” she said stepping in front of him.
 
“Yes”, he said face frowned obviously extremely annoyed by this unexpected detour to our coming together.
 
“What is that around Leah's neck?” she seethed.
 
“An engagement ring.” He said bluntly and I smiled at its mention I looked down and started to juggle the ring between my fingers.
 
“You promised you would propose in public!” She poked him in the chest I didn't like that.
 
“Alright, Ren lay off!” Her age was starting to show again, I hated it when she threw temper tantrums, it made my head hurt.
 
“Sorry, I just thought that it would be appropriate to propose on her birthday and make her day even more special.” Nahuel said trying to make amends and attempting yet again to step towards me, she blocked him again.
 
“That's fine and good, but couldn't you have do that AT the party and not AFTER! Where did you go to anyway? You left for like an hour, that's when you should have been proposing!”
 
“That's enough Ness” Jacob said trying to calm her down.
 
“Did you ever think they needed it to be a private matter?” Esme intervened trying to give her a different perspective.
 
“No, I didn't because it should have been something we all experienced together.” She whined.
 
“Can you please be satisfied with knowing now?” I said holding my head and closing my eyes in frustration, Nahuel finally passed Ren and rubbed my back trying to calm my nerves.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry Leah, I'm ruining this for you aren't I?” she said coming to my other side and placing her head on my shoulder.
 
“It's just that you are my best friend and I wanted to be there for you,” she said softly regaining her self-composure.
 
“I know Ren, I'm used to your over the top behavior” I said ruffling her hair softly, “Your gonna have to get over yourself if your gonna be my maid of honor.”
 
“Really?” she beamed, “Oh thank you Leah, you won't be sorry!”
 
“Honestly who else would I have picked? You are the one who brought me out of my own personal hell and back into the real world.” Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nahuel frown slightly.
 
“I guess we are not attending school today?” He said looking at his watch. I looked at the clock it was now 10:00 AM.
 
“We couldn't go to school anyway” Jasper said motioning toward the window the sun was shining brightly.
 
“It's all for the best” Esme smiled, “now we can all entertain our guests for one more day before they depart”
 
“Yeah” Embry said, “I didn't want to leave before I saw the whole `Leah-white-wolf' thing for myself” he laughed, “Seth said it was scary” I immediately turned my focus onto Seth.
 
“Do I scare you little brother?” I said teasingly.
 
“Not normally” he said defensively then murmured something about me looking creepy under his breath.
 
“Well how about it LeeL” he started but the look I gave him stopped him dead in his tracks, everyone knew I despised that name.
 
“It would be fun to race like we used to: Sam chimed in.
 
“Dude all you want is a chance to see Leah phase again” Paul said jokingly, Nahuel didn't respond nicely to that remark hissed slightly then caught himself.
 
“That's why I phase first, Paul have you forgotten how the routine worked, after we perfected it and everything.” I chided.
 
“Right, right, how silly of me” he played along.
 
“Hmmm . . . I don't know, I see no real reason to humiliate anyone today, and since technically you are all guests it would be considered rude whoop you like you deserve” I said opening the refrigerator getting a drink.
 
“Oh come on Leah, humor me, I have been waiting for the chance to race you again, I think I have you beat.” Embry said laughing.
 
“Well you think wrong.” I said sipping on my coke.
 
“How will you know unless we race” he pleaded, his face was so pathetic.
 
“Very well let's get this over with,” I said walking towards the front door.
 
“The first one there wins.” I said pointing to a tree off in the distance.
 
“Where?” Paul squinted.
 
“Oh that's right, I may have to scale back a bit” I smirked as Paul glared at me.
 
“How about there?” he pointed to some shrubbery a little closer to the house, I nodded in response, this would be cake.
 
“Five minutes, then phase” I warned them all and nodded in response.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
 
 
I whooped them, no need for details, I murdered them, creamed them, and they should be ashamed to be in my presence. Embry of course tried to come up with excuses hours after the humiliation had passed.
 
“Leah, the only reason you won is because you are more familiar with the land”
 
“Right, then what was your excuse in Forks?” I pretended to think, Oh that's right the sun was in your eyes . . .every time.” I laughed.
 
“Ha Ha, Seth's right your wolf form does look creepy now” he said trying to annoy me and save face at the same time, I won't lie I didn't like what he said but how much longer was he gonna be here, like two minutes, his opinion didn't matter.
 
“I thought she was beautiful” Sam said bluntly his arms still firmly around Emily, but that didn't make his statement any less awkward. I smiled politely and secretly wished for Sam's departure, his presence frustrated Nahuel and in turn made me really uncomfortable. I briefly imagined what it would be like if Sam and Nahuel were to have a fight, I questioned who would win.
 
“That's obvious, Nahuel” Edward said making his annoying presence known, but I suppose he was right. Nahuel is older, wiser, and a more experienced fighter; not to mention he'd have me by his side and I would let no one harm him, not even Sam. I tightened the grip I had around Nahuel's waist and he kissed my forehead like he always did. He then pulled my hair away from my neck and when his hand brushed against my neck it caused a stinging sensation that caused me to jump away from him.
 
“Are you okay?” he asked examining me, I nodded holding the spot that burned the pain was subsiding, I now only felt a little pain like when you poke a minor bruise or something.
 
“Let me see” he said removing my hand from my neck, his eyes widened in disbelief.
 
“Teeth marks!” He stepped away from me, “I bit her!” he said shocked and horrified. Edward was immediately at my side studying the mark everyone else stepped forward trying to see what was going on.
 
“It looks like your teeth grazed against her skin, there no sign of breakage” he went to touch the area but I flinched away, “It's just irritated not infected you should be fine, you'll most definitely live” he laughed and so did I, however Nahuel still seemed terrified.
 
“Nahuel, didn't you hear him, I'm fine” I stepped toward him he took a step back.
 
“I proposed to you, then I almost killed you in the same night” angry tears formed in his eyes.
 
“No you didn't!” I protested, I didn't like where this was heading when Nahuel got upset he made irrational decisions
 
“Yes, yes I did, I almost killed you like I killed my mother” he said running his hands frantically through his hair, “I'm the worst monster here. I keep trying to kill the people I love most!” Tears fell to his cheeks; I hated to see such a beautiful face so tormented. The others slowly exited to area to give us some privacy. I touched his face wiping his tears away.
 
“Nahuel you were a baby, it wasn't you fault, you know that,” I whispered.
 
“I'll kill you too Leah, I know I will, someone so wonderful and beautiful is not meant to be in my life forever, I will only cause you pain.”
 
“That's not true!” I said laying my head on his shoulder; at least his heartbeat had started to slow that was a good sign.
 
“Maybe we should call off the” Nahuel started.
 
“Oh no you don't, you asked, I answered, and now you are stuck with me for life! Get over it!”
 
Nahuel shook softly from laughter he then squatted in front of me and moved my hair back once more to view the spot.
 
“You know what is odd?” he said frowning at the spot.
 
“What is that?”
 
“I don't find you the least bit appealing in that way, your scent doesn't make me thirsty. I don't understand why I tried to bite you.” I smiled and laughed quietly.
 
“Nahuel, you've never heard of a hickey?” I studied his face he was trying to figure out the definition of the word, I laughed harder, “There are other reasons to bite someone” I moved over to him and kissed his neck concentrating on one spot, the taste of his skin was amazing so warm, sweet, and smooth, it made me want to taste him all over, I could feel his heartbeat as it started to accelerate and his temperature raised it almost rivaled mine. I finally bit the spot I had been so dutifully working on, he flinched only barely enough for me to catch the movement. Now sitting in his lap I welded our bodies together and connected my lips with his and he was overly eager to meet my attempt, kissing Nahuel passionately, would never get old, it is the best thing I have experienced in all of my life.
 
“Nahuel” I breathed after several moments had passed; he ignored my attempt to break the kiss and connected his lips with mine once more. So we sat their connected moving together never breaking our kiss, our hands wandered all over, an extreme urgency filled my body and that's when Nahuel deemed to okay come up for air. Even though the kissing had stopped Nahuel's hands stilled wandered all over my body making it difficult to have a conversation and to control my own heartbeat.
 
“So are you okay now?” I asked trying to lighten the intense mood that we had created. I never really thought sex in the woods seem as attractive as it did at the moment. He pulled my head down to his and connected our foreheads, his hands traveled from my shoulders, down my rib cage, finding their resting spot along my thighs.
 
“Yes I believe I am,” he said his voice low his hands now massaging my thighs.
 
“Well good, now we can rejoin the others” I said attempting to get up and avoid the fornication we would commit in the forest if I stayed there one minute longer.
 
“Or we could stay here a little longer” he said grabbing my waist pulling me back down onto his lap, he tilted my head and kissed the spot right under my chin, “Just a little while longer” he murmured.
 
“Your wish, my command” I laughed being pulled back under his spell.
 
“Good, then I would like to revisit the `hickey' thing once more”, as he connects our lips yet again.