Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 24 ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 24

“Please tell me you are joking?” I asked.  Rage built up inside of me.  Yet again a man that claimed to love me more than anyone else was betraying me.  

“Why not stay here where there is plenty of protection?  Haven’t you ever heard that there is strength in numbers?”  We both knew the Cullen’s considered us part of their family and would be more than willing to protect us.

“It’s not their fight, Leah, and its not yours either.” He looked down as he talked and grabbed at this neck like he was really saddened by his decision.  At one point he seemed as if he wanted to reach out to me but he wouldn’t dare do something like they right now, not while I was so furious.  I couldn’t make any sense out of his decision, just earlier today we were happy, he was acting as though loved me and now he wanted to leave.

“I’m so tired . . .” I sighed this whole transaction was making me sick.  I felt nauseous and my heart was pained by just the simple thought of him leaving.  All I could think was not now.  How could he leave me when he knew how much I cared for him?    

“Well you should rest,” he said turning down his bed expecting me to accept his invitation.  

“No, you did let me finish, I’m so tired of people who claim to love me and then decide that ‘it’s is best if they leave’.  If you do decide to leave don’t come back, please don’t do me any favors!”  I went to exit his room.  

“Where are you going?” he went to grab my arm and I snatched it away.  

“I can’t stand to even look at you right now!”  I stormed down the hallway and almost knocked Ren over in an effort to escape the house as quickly as possible to avoid phasing inside.  I heard her as she asked Nahuel why I was upset.  He informed her of our conversation and I can’t be sure but I think she slapped him.  It was the last thing I heard before exiting the house.  

Once I got outside I phased immediately. The anger that I was feeling created a boiling hot sensation in my stomach and caused a low growl to escape me, all I could think about was what he said, we weren’t leaving but he was. How could he even imagine life without me?  I knew I couldn’t imagine life without him.  The memory kept playing over and over again until an ancient memory hit the forefront of my brain it was Sam and me sitting down on my mother’s couch telling he was leaving me.  Both memories dueled in my brain causing it to spin.  I ran as fast as I could through the forest trying to escape the pain I was feeling but the tears clouded my vision and caused me to run into a couple of trees, disconnecting it from the Earth.  

“Leah?” Ren said finally catching up to me, “I brought some extra clothes,” she said placing them on the ground next to the large pile of trees I had managed to uproot.  I grabbed the clothes with mouth and went over behind the tree to phase back.  When I went back to where Ren was standing she immediately tried to hug me.  

“Don’t!” I said pushing her away she seemed hurt and confused by my actions, “Don’t feel sorry for me!” I paced back and forth trying to ignore the feelings of anger, devastation, and betrayal.  I didn’t look her in the eyes because I knew that even though she wouldn’t say anything I would see the pity she felt for me.  

“Well, can I at least show you something?” I was surprised she asked before attempting to touch me.  She touched me and showed me the conversation she had with Jacob and Seth.  Jacob told her about Alice’s vision of Joham in the forest close to our house.  They were also discussing patrolling the area to assure he never got that close.  

“You knew!” I screamed outraged my hands started to shake again I grabbed my head trying to control my anger.  

“I didn’t know Nahuel would consider leaving. I only knew of the possibility of his father being in the area and I was more than sure that we would be able to handle any threat he possessed.  I still feel that way.” She said full of remorse, “I couldn’t imagine that choosing that decision was easy for him even if it is slightly illogical. We would all be there for him you know that.”  

“Just stop!” I said the pain was slowly starting to creep up and attack me again.  

“Don’t be mad at her” a smooth foreign voice and his figure appeared from the fog.  Off distance I would have sworn it was Nahuel, the stranger even smelled like him, however his smell was more intense to the point where it was nauseating.  I realized he was the same disturbing guy from the club however now instead of having the dark colored eyes were now bright red.  I started to back away from the stranger within a blink of an eye he was behind me with his hands at my neck.  

“I can see why my son became so taken with you.  Your body is more than impressive, you would be a most excellent breeder, unfortunately he obviously refuses to see your potential” he gripped my neck tighter with one ice cold hand and attempted to caress me inappropriately with the other. I tried to struggle but it seemed in vain he was much stronger than I was in this form anyway.  Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Ren trying to back away toward the house, when this blonde male vampire grabbed her.  

“Where do you think you are going princess?”  He laughed darkly as she struggled in his arms.  

“LET ME GO! I AM GOING TO RIP YOU STUPID HEAD OFF!” she screamed so loudly I was more than sure that the Cullen’s now she was in distress and would come running I was surprised they weren’t already here considering all the powers they possess.  He laughed even harder as she continued to struggle, she caught him off guard managing to wrap her legs around his head and throw him to the ground, she tried to run again and he caught her and slapped her causing her to lose consciousness.  

“Stupid little child you are no match for me!” he said to her now limp body.  

“No need to hurt her any further. Why not just leave her here and take me?” I pleaded with him; more people would miss Ren if anything happened to her than me.  I knew that I was what he really wanted.  He wanted to destroy his son and taking me would cause him pain, if he truly loved me.  

“Oh no, I made a friend a promise, she won’t be going home tonight and neither will you!”  

----------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

As promised we were unwilling dragged away from our home.  They blindfolded us so we were unaware of our location all I knew as that it seemed like we had traveled for days. Ren and I were placed in close quarters I assumed we were in the trunk of a vehicle of some kind, the space was cramped and I feared that my air supply would run out before they reached their destination. I knew Ren was still unconscious, occasionally I would grab her hand and watch and random blurry thoughts went through her mind nothing logical just faces and pieces of statements.

Once Ren finally awakened her sobs tormented me she tried to cry silently but it was not working, I held my head and kept thinking of things I could have done to differently to avoid this situation.  I could have stayed inside the house, stayed and fought with Nahuel, told Ren to go away sooner, anything not to be the cause of everyone’s pain.  Maybe I was selfish like everyone thought and maybe I was a bitch.  I shook my head trying to clear my thoughts I needed to be positive and protect Ren; Jacob wouldn’t let me hear the end of it if I didn’t.  

“Shhh, don’t worry you will be fine!  Your parents and Jacob won’t let anything happen to you, they are probably tracking you as we speak.”  

Apparently we had made it to our destination because the vehicle stopped and we were yanked from the trunk.  We were finally allowed to see our surroundings, probably because there wasn’t much to see.  We sat in the middle of a large room in an old abandoned warehouse surrounded by Joham’s army. They all had the same look all tall dark hair and red eyes they stood like statues creating a wall around us. I considered phasing and attacking them.  I wondered how many I would be able to kill before I was destroyed.  In reality I knew it wouldn’t be wise to phase, if I did it would be like leaving Ren alone and I couldn’t do that.  I wasn’t sure if we would really make it out of this situation alive. Even if the Cullen’s found us Joham had brought at least thirty of his nearest friends with him and his previous statement gave me the feeling that he had a partner of some kind, maybe he wasn’t the mastermind at all, maybe somebody else was pulling the strings.    I tried to concentrate on the positives like the fact that I was still alive and that Joham had not taken us far, I could tell because the distance between Nahuel and me had not caused my any unlivable pain.

“What do you think they want with us?” Ren whispered.  I frowned at her it seemed pretty obvious to me that they were here to kill us. “If they were going to kill us should they have done it by now, maybe we are bait.” She gasped shocked by something she grabbed my arm and showed me a vision of Jacob fighting and being overtaken by the arm then I felt all of her fear and agony.  

“Ren you are making it really hard to be positive!”  

“Sorry I just don’t think there is anything to be positive about!  If you can think of something by all means let me know!” she yelled I guess she figured it didn’t matter if she whispered they could all hear her anyway.  

“Your friend has a point” Joham laughed, “In a couple hours if I become bored with you I could kill you for my entertainment alone.” He approached me and placed his nose on the nape of my neck.  I hated when he touched me it instinctively made my hands shake. I was afraid I would do something stupid like try to attack him and doing attempting that might get us both killed.

“What about your ‘friend’ won’t they have a problem with you killing her?” my heartbeat accelerated, I didn’t know how much the man knew about me.  Did he know that if he bit me my live would be over?  Did he know what I was at all?  

“I am loyal to no one more than I am loyal to myself.  If I have the desire to kill you I will.” His bright red eyes and his sharp feature combined with his expression on his face made him truly look like a monster and not a man.  “Besides they only requested that I obtain a member of the Cullen coven, I just happened to pick the easiest and most convenient of their kind.”

“Sir, we must find a new location before we are spotted,” the blonde male from approach him, “I smell others,” he whispered in an attempt to keep the news from traveling to Ren and me.  

“Good, this should be most entertaining!” Joham said having a seat, “Girls you should like this you are about to witness me dismember my son!”  He laughed and I cringed at the thought.  Hopefully Nahuel wouldn’t be crazy enough to come alone, Jacob and Edward would allow it.  Nahuel would just have to come to grips with the fact that this was bigger than him it concerned all of us.  

We heard the front doors to the warehouse open and within seconds the Cullen’s had Joham’s army surrounded.  I looked around and watched as all of the Cullens took some form of a defensive stance it was the biggest all of the vampires were poised as if they were ready to strike there was a lot of hissing and growling, creating the weirdest stare down session I’d ever seen, but something was missing where was my pack and Nahuel?  Joham seemed to notice his absence too. He had checked all of the possible areas for entry into the warehouse and he inhaled deeply and then smiled.  

“Where’s Jacob?” Ren asked her expression full of her worry and her mind as usual in sink with mine.  

“He’s bound to be close don’t worry.” I said as I put my arm around her tried to comfort her.  As if on cue Nahuel arrived with two very large wolves at his sides.  

“Father.” Joham’s army moved from in front of him so he could fully address his son.  

“Well, well, would you look at what a father has to do to spend a little quality time with his son.” Joham stood up slowly and then within less than a second he was in Nahuel’s face, “Come on and give daddy a big hug!” Joham went to touch Nahuel in response Nahuel grabbed his arm and placed it behind his back dislocating it in the process.  Joham flinched slightly but never got rid of the stupid grin he held on his face.  

“Why have you followed me here?” Nahuel’s voice was deeper than I had ever witnessed, ever muscle and vein in his arms was revealed while he restrained his father.  

“At first I came to see if you had made any progress with the Cullen girl.  The possibility of you creating a life we another half-breed was too tempting not to investigate. However, I see you found something else to put your time and energy into.” He directed his sights to me and winked.  

“DON’T LOOK AT HER, DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT HER!  My life and the people in it are no concern to you!” He slammed his father into a wall, which make the glass in one of the windows break.   

“What son, I can’t complement you on your taste in women?  She is a very gorgeous specimen, I would lay with her, which is more than I can say for you!” he laughed

“I’ll ask again what do you want? What’s your angle? What must I give you to get some peace and for you to leave us alone?” Nahuel said holding his father even tighter than before.  

“To finish what you started, what you’re too noble or cowardly to do.” Joham caught Nahuel of guard and sucker punched him and he fell to the ground. All of a sudden I feel as though I am being pulled in their direction, it felt like being sucked in by a really huge vacuum of some kind.  I grabbed hold of Ren and tried to resist the feeling but the pull was too strong.  

“What the hell?” Within the next breath I am in Joham’s arms.  

“It would be so easy to take her life right now and let you watch” he said as he moved the hair from my neck, I tried my best to struggle but again it was in vain, “but she is such a pretty piece of equipment, way too feisty and enjoyable a tool to just dispose of without having a little test run.” He kissed the pulse of my neck, “delicious!”

“Enough!” Nahuel yelled and I was being pulled yet again but this time it seemed Nahuel was controlling the motion.  

“Very good son, you’ve gotten stronger!” Joham patronized, “But your still no match for me!”  

“It began to feel as though I was being pulled in two different directions.  I couldn’t help but scream out in pain and anger.  I phased and my scream turned into a high pitch howl.  I turned my focus on Joham and I growled at him baring my teeth at him, but instead of intimidating him he seemed fascinated.  

“Amazing! I didn’t realize that females of this species existed!  Imagine the specimen I could create!” he went to touch me and I bit his hand off and spit it across the room, “YOU REPULSIVE MONSTER! KILL HER!” He screamed to his army and his men tried to attack me, all of a sudden over half of his army was dangling above us watching as we destroyed the rest.  

----------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

A huge pit of fire was created in the center of the warehouse and all of Joham’s army found their way inside piece by piece filling the room with an annoyingly sweet aroma.  They were no match for the powers the Cullen family possessed, on top of that it seemed like most of them had never seen a shapeshifter before, they didn’t know how to attack us or defend themselves for that matter.  Jasper and Emmett held a struggling Joham.  Nahuel had proven today that he was just as strong as his father if not more so, but if they did not kill him now he would create others and try to attack us again.  

“You’re next!” Emmett said as he grabbed his neck, Joham shut his eyes tightly and a gust of energy pushed all of us back and by the time we got back up he had disappeared.  

----------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

As we walked outside the warehouse I noticed that it was daybreak.  

“How long were we missing?”  

“Just over three days.” Jacob answered his look was solemn as if he were in deep thought.  He held Ren in his arms as she cried silent tears.  I walked away from to give them space.  So much had happened and I finally had a minute to process it all.  

“Oh my God! I was kinapped!” I relived everything, the fear I wouldn’t allow myself to feel as the actual horror took place snuck up on me and caused me to go into some kind of shock.  As I fell into this bizarre trance, I kept walking forward, I heard some murmurs behind me but I was stuck in a weird blur of the recent events that I couldn’t focus in on any statements.  I didn’t realize what I was doing or where I was going until something pulled me back.  

“What are you doing that’s the highway, are you trying to get yourself killed?” Nahuel said placing his hands on my face, he was talking to me but I could understand what he was saying, I tried to focus on him but his face became a blur.  

I woke up on the couch with Ren and Shelly staring at me. I heard Shelly mention poking me with a stick to see if I was alive and I groaned in response to her stupid remark.  

“Leah you’re alive!  I was so worried!” she hugged me as hard as she could.    

“You know you could have just cried like a normal person all of this passing out and going into comas can’t be normal human activity.  Here drink this.” She handed me a cup of juice, “It should help with the shock and Esme is fixing you something to eat.” Then both of them seemed distracted by something, “I’m going hunting with mom and Alice I’ll see you later.”

“I’m glad you are home safe,” Shelly said as she got up to leave too. As Ren went I grabbed her hand.  

“I am sorry about all of this Ren.” I said near tears.  

“Why are YOU sorry? We were both in the both in the wrong place at the wrong time, but now it is over and we move on.” As soon as they left Nahuel took her place at the end of the couch, he studied my face.  

“Are you okay Leah?” I nodded I felt fine physically, a little tired but no worst for ware.  I had so many questions to ask him but I wasn’t sure if I was mentally up for it so we set in silence for a while.  One question kept racking my brain.  

“So how long have you been able to do that?”  

“Do what?” he said as he took my hand.  

“Don’t play dumb.  I am actually kind of mad at you.  I can’t believe you have been lying to me for all of this time!” I said pulling my hand back and folding my arms over my chest.

“I have not lied to you.”

“An omission of the truth is still an lie Nahuel and that is a pretty big omission!” Silence ensued again.  

“I’ve had the ability to move things with my thoughts since birth.  I have never been really good at it, meaning I have never had proper control over it.  Until I moved here and had to become cautious of how I acted around humans and more importantly I had to have proper control over it while I with you.”  

“When were you going to tell me about this?”

“Never, like I said I try my hardest not to use it around you or anybody else for that matter.  It would be way too easy to keep you around me at all times.”  

“How could you think not telling me about this would be okay?”  

“I don’t think it is that serious Leah!” he sighed I hated fighting with him it caused us both unnecessary pain.  

“Yes, yes it is Nahuel, I have to be able to trust you completely if I am going to marry you” I said quietly.  

“You can trust me!” He sounded insulted he grabbed my hand again and squeezed trying to emphasize he point, “I would have told you the first day we met if I knew it would upset you so much not knowing!”

“It just makes me wondering what else you could be hiding?”

“Nothing, there is nothing else!” I narrowed my eyes not sure if I believed him, “So that’s it? We’re over?” His eyes widened I think he was truly shocked I had taken this tone with him, but my parents thought me that I should accept nothing but honesty from any man I planned to love; imprint or no, he would be honest.

“No, I don’t think I could end things now even if I wanted to” I said softly, “But there will be no more secrets or lies, if there is anything you need to tell me, now is the time because if I find out after this point I will end things regardless of the physical pain I may feel.” He nodded and took a few moments before speaking.  

“That seems like a fair request.” He smiled faintly, “You are a very strong woman. I don’t think Jacob is strong enough to even think about leaving Ren let alone make any ultimatums.”

“He does go to mush when it comes to her.” I got up and stretched and went to walk upstairs knowing he would follow me.  

“The past three days have been long for you.  Are you ready to retire?” he said standing at my side.  

“I was going to try and rest, but I have all of the nervous energy I probably won’t be able to sleep for a while. Why?”  

“There is something I want to do.” Said taking my hand and pulling me out of the front door.  Once at my car he took the driver’s seat.  

“Get in” he said opening the door.  

“Where are we going?” I crossed my arms.  I wasn’t in the mood for any more surprises.  

“I believe this secret is acceptable to keep because I do plan to reveal it . . . just not right now. Get in.” he smiled at me seductively and I narrowed my eyes not wanting to admit to being pulled in by his charm.  I opened the car door and hopped in.