Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ For You I'll Die ❯ For You I'll Die, Part 1 ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

<hr>
For You I'll Die - Part 1
<hr>
Bella woke up screaming once again. She half expected Charlie to come bursting in as she breathed heavily, her mind a bit fuzzy as she tried to remember anything. Just then, as she started to calm down, as searing pain shot through her heart once more, reminding her that he no longer did that, having come to expect her to scream.
She stood up, no longer feeling sleepy as she quickly changed into some regular clothes, grabbing an I-pod that her cousin had sent to her for her birthday, and quietly ran down the stairs, where she silently grabbed her shoes, and left the house. She placed the ear buds on, and turned on the I-pod.
Her cousin had already placed some music on it, so Bella went through them, discovering that most were of bands and people that she had either never heard of, or heard of, but never listened to. As she continued to go through the options, she stopped when she discovered that her cousin had already made a small playlist that was labeled `Listen to This the First time you listen to the I-pod'. It said “30 songs” next to the title. Bella almost smiled as she decided to play it.
The first song that played was one that she actually did recognize, and, for the first time in awhile, it made her want to laugh.
Midnight, gettin' uptight. Where are you?
You said you'd meet me, now it's quarter to two
I know I'm hangin' but I'm still wantin' you.
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts blared through the ear buds. It had been awhile since Bella had listen to them, even longer since she had listened to this pacific song. A smile briefly passed across her lips as she remembered when Melissa - her cousin - had told her about this song.
Bella, having gotten the I-pod to work, began a light walk down the street. As she did so, she listened to each song. She didn't know that many of them, but she found herself liking them all the same. She was on the sixth song - which, to her surprise, wasn't in English - when she finally looked around her. Her hearts stopped beating for a minute as she barely recognized her surroundings.
She had been walking farther and longer than she had thought. Not only that, but it seemed as if she was walking with a certain destination in mind. While she wasn't really close, the direction she was heading in pointed to the fact that she was heading towards their house.
She took a deep breath before continuing, the song that was playing - different than the one that had been playing when she stopped - making her smile once again.
Who made up all the rules?
We follow them like fools,
Believe them to be true,
Don't care to think them through
She didn't recognize it, though she found it a nice song to listen to. Surprisingly enough, it seemed to make her walk faster. By the middle of the song, she was mouthing the words, lip-syncing to it. When it came to an end, she slowed down, tempted to replay it, but deciding against it as a new song began to play.
So full of rage
The human race
Hold me while I'm fallin' down
Rearrange what you have found
Surprise flashed across her face as she listened to the words, never stopping as she walked. She didn't realize that Melissa listened to music like this. While she was sure that there were many songs worse than this one, it seemed to bring things onto light. When the final chorus came, she found herself singing it.
She stopped again as she looked around again, realizing that she was almost at the point where she would normally turn into the driveway to the Cul-their house. Strangely enough, she felt the urge to continue. Walking forward, she began to go down the path that led to their house.
<hr>
The white house loomed ahead of her as she finally walked out of the shelter of the trees. She paused for a moment, looking at the once grand, now desolate building. The entire structure stood, every window completely dark. She took a deep breath before walking forward.
She had just reached the front door when a crack of thunder sounded over head. She turned to look behind her, almost groaning as she saw that the rain clouds had decided to open up, pouring water everywhere. She sighed, knowing that it would be suicide to walk home while it was raining.
She turned back towards the door, reaching for the handle as she hoped that it wasn't locked. She turned it. Luckily for her, it was indeed unlocked. She quickly scrambled in, shutting the door behind her, cutting off the sound of the storm behind her.
The inside was almost like she remembered, except for the sheets that covered everything. Walking over to one, she gently touched it, wanting, but not daring, to remove it. She walked over to where his piano still seemed to stand, another sheet covering it as well.
The playlist was still playing. Though it hurt her heart a bit, she loved the song that was playing. The song was a love song, and sounded a bit familiar to her.
She sat down, moving her hands to hover over the keys. She froze when the sound of a piano began to play. Her breath escaped in a shaky rush as she brought her hands downward. The song playing…
How long she stayed sitting there, frozen, she didn't know; in fact, the only thing she knew was that she could hear the storm more clearly than before. She brought the I-pod out of her pocket, looking on it as she realized that playlist was finished.
Without thinking, she replayed it. However, she began skipping songs, looking for a specific one. She just hit the last song when she stopped. It was the song that she was looking for.
This time, she listened to the song closely.
You said I'm yours to keep
With your voice so deep
You were just talking in your sleep
She was unable to stop herself from comparing the words in the song.
I'll do what you'll crave
My life for you I'll waive
All I get is a spot next to your grave
Those words pierced her heart, as she would have done anything for him.

And you're a fool to not see
I'm not hanging here to keep you company
She laughed humorlessly; she was the fool, not him.

But what am I supposed to do
When all hope is gone?
How am I supposed to leave you
When you're the only one?
I made a deal with
Mr. Hades
My soul he wants to buy
For you I'll die
And she would die for him. That hadn't changed.

Oh this is the end
My only friend the end
are words from our favorite band
I know we're not astray
My love won't decay
Are thing that you'll never say
While they didn't have a favorite band, they did have a favorite song; or at least, they had like the same song. Maybe he hadn't really liked it as much as she did.

It is strange how time flies
It's been a year that's gone by
And you don't know the color of my eyes
Time did indeed fly; though, she knew that it had yet to be a year. It just felt like it.

But what am I supposed to do
When all hope is gone?
How am I supposed to leave you
When you're the only one?
I made a deal with
Mr. Hades
My soul he wants to buy
For you I'll die
For you I'll die
She had started to sing by this point.

No-oh, no-oh, no-oh:

And you're a fool to not see
I'm not hanging here to keep you company
No, she wasn't there to keep him company; she was alone.
It is strange how time flies
It's been a year that's gone by
And you don't know the color of my eyes
She wondered if he remembered her eyes; or did he have enough distractions to not think about them.
But what am I supposed to do
When all hope is gone?
How am I supposed to leave you
When you're the only one?
I made a deal with Mr.
Hades
My soul he wants to buy
For you I'll die
For you I'll die
For you I'll die
For you I'll die
The song finished yet again, but Bella didn't want it to. She quickly replayed it; in fact, she did this several times, until she could sing the song perfectly with the artist. She allowed it to play one more time, all the way through, singing with the artist until the song was finished.
Only then did the tears that had been gathering fall.