Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Alice's Twilight ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Twilight. I don't own EDWARD! How sad!
Chapter One: Moving
APOV
I was just gazing into the most beautiful man's, or erm.., vampire's, eyes. They were Jasper's. That is when Emmett rushed in with a troubled look on his face. I would not have noticed if Jasper's face hadn't also suddenly gained a mask of trouble also. That meant that Emmett's feelings were deep. Obviously this was one of the visions I didn't see.
My visions were like sparks on firecrackers, always new and exciting. I'm one of the only people who is able to see them! Besides my brother and best friend, Edward, but he can read people's minds.
I can't believe something so urgent and important had just slipped through the cracks like that…
"What's could be so scary as to make Jasper so upset?" Esme asked as she entered the room, that now included all the Cullens except for Rose.
*Sparks!* I see her! I see Rose. She should be coming in 90 seconds. *Sparks!*
Right on the dot, Rose appeared looking ignorant, but I could see a hint of guilt there too. I bet the rest of my family did too. Unfortunately, Emmett already started to become defensive.
"It's my fault! I shouldn't have left her. Of course, she wanted to go to the fashion show, even if it was sunny outside. Inst-"
Edward cut him off.
"Stop blaming yourself Em." Edward growled. "She was reckless and foolish, but nobody thought anything of it. Most people thought there was a problem with their eyes. Some even thought it was a new lotion."
He smirked and his eyes shot at Rosalie. You didn't have to have mind reading skills to tell what he was thinking. I too smiled, much to Rosalie's dissatisfaction.
"Well let's just be safe, and anyway we were going to have to leave soon, why not now?" Carlisle reasoned. "I mean Rose and Emmett are out of school anyway, and Jazz, Alice, and Edward are passing for seniors. Esme, You and I are passing for 34."
*Sparks!* Rose, Em, Jazz, Eddie, and I were walking at human pace,(sigh), to a small building with a sign in front that said "F-o-r-something-s High School administrative office." I couldn't see the fourth letter. It was fogged up. *Sparks!*
"Forks High School, good thing they have rainy days so often, Forks has an event named 'Rainfest'."
"I actually was going to bring that up." Edward stated. He was no doubt looking in my mind.
"Good job stealing my thunder," I thought jokingly. I need to get him a hobby. It was said he was researching back-up plans.
"It's settled then," Carlisle exclaimed. "We'll go on Monday."
It has been about two years since we moved to Forks, Washington, one of the rainiest cities in the United States. Edward said something about being here before, and that there might be werewolves. We have not seen any mutts yet, so maybe they left. Our house is in the woods near downtown Forks. It was nice to be outside on a daily basis, with only a few occasional sunny days.
Our school was same as always, boring but with a sense of danger. Jasper isn't used to surviving on animal blood instead of humans. He had a bad history with humans, and it was a fight for him every day. I'm really worried about him.
"Is Jasper okay?" I thought desperately to Edward. Edward slowly looked at the wall from left to right to left. That was his way of saying no without people noticing. We always have secret conversations like this.
"He makes it through the day, right". Edward shot a maybe smirk at the table at that.
*Sparks!* Jasper was about to suck the life out of Madi Gagliardi. *Sparks!*
Edward gripped his hand around the table nervously and it left an imprint of his fingers on it. He quickly smoothed it so it would look normal.
"It helps to think of them as people," I said as calmly as possible. "For instance, she is Madi. Madi is the co-captain of the drama club along with Jen Michel. She lives in town and owns the Big Apple Bagel Shop."
Jasper calmed down a little bit.
"See! Doesn't it help?" I exclaimed.
I glanced at the clock. 11:55.
"I gotta go if I wanna make it to trig walking at human speed," I grunted.
Rosalie agreed, hugged Emmett, and told him to take care of jasper. I became even more worried about Jasper as we walked to our lockers. The new girl's stuff now occupied the locker, because she was now fumbling through it looking for something.
I grabbed my textbook and hurried to get to trig. In trig I calmly went to sit with rose at our table. Class, like always was a complete drag. I raised my hand to name the triangle on the board, but the teacher never called on me. It was obvious that I knew the answer and the teacher probably wanted to give a learning experience to someone else. I slumped into my chair as Rose had been doing the whole class, and waited for class to end.
*Sparks!* I see the new girl and me. Wait, she's a vampire. She has her arm wrapped around my waist, we're best friends! *Sparks!*
I have to be friends with her. I want to know her name. I want that friendship. I'll meet with her after school.