Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Royal Love ❯ Chosen ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1 Chosen

Bella sat in her room brushing her plain jane brown hair that seemed to rest on her chest as she took her time preparing it. She looked at herself in the mirror that seemed to captivate her image given her a picture of herself. Her chocolate brown eyes that seemed to go on forever deep in to her soul. Her heart shaped face that caught the sights of many men which confused her. She felt herself as not as pretty as the men of the village told her she was.

Today was the day that King Carlisle was going to chose another bride to be for prince Edward. She found it pointless since he never showed any interest in any of the young girls that seemed to show interest in him. “Bella hurry before we are late!” her father yelled.

He knocked on her door before entering without being properly invited in with her permission.

“Dad you don’t just barge in to a girls room” she yelled.

“Oh don’t complain we are about to be late to the town meeting with the King” he explained.

“Ok ok I’m ready now, so now we can go” she replied annoyed.

He walked out with her on his heels as they walked down the stairs and out the door. They walked in to the street where crowds of people that had already flooded the streets walking towards the main square. She lost her father after a few minutes of walking but it didn’t matter since they were going to the same destination. She walked on minding her own business before she felt a tap on her shoulder causing her turn around startled revealing her best friend behind her.

She squealed with glee “Angela!” before jumping her friend with a hug.

Angela hugged her best friend holding her close to her body hoping that she wouldn’t fall backwards from the weight of her friend.

“Hello to you to Bella” she gasped the more Bella squeezed her windpipe. Bella let her go “Oh sorry I got a little to excited there” she blushed turning crimson red
.
“Don’t worry about” she said looking over Bella’s shoulder “Hey lets get going or we won’t be able to see the platform again”.

Angela grabbed her hand before sprinting through the crowd of people with ease since there were huge gaps in the crowds. Bella was being dragged along like she was a rag doll hoping that she wouldn’t fall flat on her face like she always did. She hit numerous people getting elbowed in the ribs a few times from accidentally bumping in to a few villagers rather hard. They made it to the crowd with expert time getting a good spot in the front instead of the back this time. Luckily the meeting hadn’t started yet giving them time to catch their breathes after running all the way here.

“So who do you think he will choose this time around?” she asked.

“Hmm probably another blonde female like they always do” Bella answered bored.

“Well there is that but why can’t you be optimistic about instead of being all doom and gloom” she snorted.
Bella looked at her friend “So Angela are you hoping to be chosen by the king?” she asked raising a brow.
Angela looked at her friend in astonishment before blushing bright red as if embarrassed that she even felt that way about the situation.

“Yea I guess it would be nice if I got picked but what about you huh? What if they were to pick you?” she tried to fight back.

Bella thought about it before she answered “Well I don’t know but I know that its not going to be me because I heard he only likes blondes any way” she explained.
Angela frowned but before she could speak the sounds of trumpets tuned her out as the king made his appearance on stage along with his wife. Their beauty drawing the eyes of everyone in front of them. Bella looked at Carlisle noticing how beautiful he looked with his wife on his as if they were angels sent down from heaven. Angela seemed as speechless as the other villagers that surrounded her Bella seeming to be the only sane one.

The king stepped forward to speak “Hello my fellow villagers today yet another girl will be chosen to have the opportunity to marry my son prince Edward. Their have been many before now who have tried and failed but today I’m hoping that it will be different. I have chosen a girl who, I think, might be the rightful candidate for him. It took a lot of searching but it prevailed in the end” he explained.

The villagers looked around looking for the potential bride to be, fathers hoping that it would be their daughters. Carlisle looked upon the crowd searching for her noticing her amongst the crowd before smiling. Bella saw a breathtaking smile appear on the kings face causing her heart rate to go through the roof. The king shushed the crowd before they started trying to guess who the young woman was going to be.

“Ok the young girl that I have chosen is…….Isabella Swan!!” he announced.

The villagers gasped looking towards the front of the square spotting her beside Angela. Bella had shock written on her face as her heart dropped in her chest causing her to be paralyzed. Her world had come crumbling down in the instant that he called her name. she heard her dads voice as the crowd started whispering amongst themselves but she couldn’t hear them. Everything tuned out for a moment as she tried to gather her thoughts only allowing one thought to enter her mind.

“I’m going to be a Bride!!!!!!!” she yelled.