Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Intoxication ❯ The meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I had just found out my best friend was a werewolf. The first feeling I had was shock. After the shock wore off I felt a fear so strong that I tried to get out through my bedroom door when he shut the door and told me that I can't leave him until I heard him out. When I asked why he became a werewolf he started to tremble and shaped into a wolfish form. I thought that he was going to attack me but just as I felt that strong fear someone knocked him to the floor and threw him out of the window. At first all I felt was shock but soon after I felt grateful that this brave stranger was there to rescue me. He turned to look at me and I soon got really scared. His eyes were a pure hungry black. I thought he was going to attack me . I knew that no one would be there to rescue me from this alarming stranger. Just as I screamed for help someone came in and told him to resist because I wasn't his singer. After the new stranger told him that he leapt out of the window and ran raster than an ordinary human.
"Sorry about him. He recently switched from humans. It takes a while for one of us to change our diet." "One of you?" "Yes, one of us. Bloodsuckers or the Cold Ones as your mutts seem to favor." "Bloodsuckers? Is that a form of cannibalism?" "No its a part of being a vampire." "Oh. I see." "Why aren't you screaming and running?" "I have no reason to be running and screaming." "But you were afraid of Jasper." "Yes I know that but I know that you aren't like him." "How do you know that?" "I have always known these things." "Why can't I read your mind?" "I don't really know. But reading minds has to have some benefits to it." "There aren't very many. Although we do know if bad stuff can happen...that is if Alice doesn't see it first." "Oh. I'm guessing that Alice sees the future."

He nodded his flawless head. I cant say that I'm surprised though. I was kind of curious as to why they would still come here if she could the future. Wouldn't they have seen Jasper attack me? Before I could ask my new friend my questions he started telling me his name and gave me his number and email address by the time I had heard my dad yelling for me. Before I had even heard my dad walking up the stairs the door had been open. I poked my head out the door and asked what he wanted.
"I just wanted to let you know that we will be going to Jacob and Billy's house for dinner." "Um dad, I've made plans to go to one of my friends house." "I thought that Jacob is your friend." "We had a fight and he almost hurt me." "Why would he have done that? He's such a calm boy." "I don't know really. My friend Edward came over with his brother Jasper just as he was about to hurt me." "Is Edward still here?" He said with a touch of anger in his voice. "Yea." I said cautiously. "I just need to speak with him." "Yes sir?" "Hi Edward. Thank you for protecting Bella. If you don't mind me asking this. How do you know Bella?'' ''Ever since last year we have been writing to each other. We started writing because we bumped into each other and we started talking. I told her that I wanted to see her and talk to her again."
"Okay well why did you move here?"
"My family got tired of me sending emails to Bella for three hours straight. I almost ripped my brother Jasper's head off just for suggesting that I ignore Bella."
"Oh really?Why would you care so much about a girl you'd just met?"
"I can't really say but I at first just thought that she was interesting but then as I started to talk to her I started caring more and more."

Just then we heard an annoying ringtone. It was so annoying that it made me want to smash

"Do you guys mind if I answer it? Its my dad."
"No I don't mind."

"Okay, thanks. I shouldn't be too long." He walked over to the window. He didn't really say anything other than okay and bye. Well, not that I could understand. Everything else that he said sounded like another language. "Chief Swan, my parents are going to come to get me. They wanted to know if Bella could come with us to a book signing tonight. I told them that I would ask and that since she wouldn't be staying out too late or miss any school tomorrow because today is Saturday.""Please dad, I'm sure if its past my curfew I will stay with his sister Alice.""Okay but only if you call me when you get to the book thing and let me know what you and his family decide.""Thank you dad."Just then we all heard a knock at the door and my dad rushed to the door. We didn't see who was outside the door as my dad said that it was an emergency and that he had to go to work.