Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Intoxication ❯ Of Biting Mutts and Fighting Vampires ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Of Biting Mutts and Fighting Vampires


We had just gotten to his house. I heard a rustle but by then he had the wolf thing by his neck up against a tree. I was about to walk towards Edward's house when a wolf grabbed my leg and started biting. "Let go of me!" It just growled at me and started pulling at me like I was it's play rag. "BELLA!" Someone was shouting for me but I didn't know who it was. I thought that I screamed out for help but I wasn't sure if I had to not. I wondered where Edward had gone to. "Bella." It certainly wasn't Edward. I was thinking that it had to be his sister or his mum. I had my eyes closed out of fear but at her words I opened my eyes. I saw that I was in a room with crimson walls and matching ceiling. as I sat up I saw that the cover and pillow cases were black. as I looked around, the room sent shivers down my spine but it wasn't negative.
I could see a figure standing in the shadows of the room. I got off the bed and wearily walked to the showy figure. In the second it too me to blink the figure was gone. I sopped dead in my tracks. all of a sudden two fiery hot hands were on me. one was around my waist the other over my mouth. there was a deep growling voice in my ear. "How are you doing?How is your leg?" Before I could answer I was on the bed in his arms. I tried to face him but in his tight iron grip I couldn't move.
"Fine, but what is any of it your concern. I don't even know who you are." I stated calmly even though I was almost frozen with terror. I could feel his hot breath coming even closer to me. All I wanted to do was fight him off, if it came down to it. Even as I tried to come up with a great plan his hot breath kept coming closer and closer. As I started to freeze with terror the door was kicked off of the hinges. I hadn't heard the lock move when the stranger came into the room. I was caught between terror and relief. I felt the grip of the man on the bed tighten, though I don't know how that was even possible. "Let her go." The voice of the stranger was very calming. "If you can take her from me you deserve to try." The voice from behind my ear came. "Let her go. NOW!" That really got the mans attention. "Come make me."
The stranger was at the side of the bed in an instant but the man had already moved me off the bed to the other side of the room. "Let me go. I want to go." The last part of my protest was a weak sob. "If you don't let her go, Jacob, my brother will kill you." I then realized Jasper was there not Edwad. The man that was holding captive was Jacob? Why would he do this? "He couldn't get near me if Bella's life depended on it." Then he gave a deep guttural laugh. Just then a second shadow appeared i nthe room but this time it was behind me and Jacob. "You want to bet on that mutt?" In a quick second I was on the other side of the room and in Jasper's arms. Although I hat a fear of Jasper I was slowly becoming trusting of him. I had a bigger fear of Jacob and his pack.
I heard deep snarls coming from both the vampire and the wolf thing across the room fighting. The mutt was thrown out of the window by Edward. In the blink of an eye I was in Edwards arms. "Bella, are you okay? Did the mutt hurt you?" I could tell he was really worried about me. I felt like I was becoming a burden being here with them yet somehow I couldn't tell Edward because I knew that if I had said anything that he would have taken me to my house and had someone else stay with me from his family.
"No, Edward, he didn't hurt me. Not physically anyway. But can we get out of this room? Oh and Jasper thanks for helping to protect me and I'm sorry for being such a burden." I was cut off by Edward telling me that I was never a burden and never will be. Suddenly Edward got a wierd look on his face. "Hey Alice, what are you trying to hide?" He said with suspicion coating his coive. "Nothing Edward. All I want is that to talk to Bella und to tell you that Carlisle wants you to go mit him because he wants you to check out some book store. Oh and this song that I am listening to is Mayberry by Rascall Flatts. I love how it annoys you."
"Okay. I just need to say bye to Bella." "Okay Edward. But don't take too long." With that she walked out singing. After she left Edward leaned in closely and it seemed like he was going to kiss me. I felt icy breath coming closer to me. As he kissed my cheek Jacob and the other mutts were in the room. They said that they would be kicking the Cullens's asses if they didn't move ASAP and leave me here. I froze out of fear. Not that my new friends would leave but that I would have to tell Jacob my secret in front of Edward. I could only hope that he wouldn't kill mutt face.
"Hey, Jacob, do you want to know what you've done to me over the years. Oh and Edward you can't harm or kill him." The both nodded and I took off my black hoodie and lifted the sleeves of my shirt to expose my cuts that I had inflicted on myself.