Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ The Ties That Bond Us ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Ties That Bond Us
 
Chapter Two
 
By: BellaNJake
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Twilight; or any of the characters in the Twilight series (duh).
 
 
The light coming in from my bedroom window was shining brighter than usual. I opened my sleepy eyes and let my gaze travel towards the sky outside. It was clear blue—hardly any clouds—which was abnormal for the ever-so-rainy town of Forks. Days like these were far and few between, and you'd be considered a fool if you didn't go out and enjoy them while they lasted.
 
I smiled, thankful it was a Sunday and I didn't have to spend my time indoors at school. I grabbed my bathroom bag and my supplies for my monthly symptoms. I opened my bedroom door on the way to the small bathroom I shared with my father, Charlie, when the smell of eggs and bacon hit my nose. Usually, I enjoyed the smell, but today it made me feel queasy. I suddenly had the urge to throw up.
 
I raced towards the bathroom at the end of the hall and emptied the contents of my stomach loudly. I hadn't been this sick since the day I had gone to the movies with Mike and Jacob. I heard the thump thump thump of Charlie heaving himself up the stairs as fast as he could manage (which wasn't that quick).
 
“Bella, what's wrong? Are you alright?” he asked franticly when he reached the top of the stairs.
 
I gave him a smile of reassurance, “Yeah, I think I just got the one day flu again or something. I'll be fine.”
 
He looked amused, “Only you would catch the flu in the middle of spring.” He said, and offered a hand to help me off of the floor. “I'll be downstairs with breakfast, if you think you can stomach any.”
 
“No thanks dad,” I replied, “I'll skip breakfast today. Now get out of here so I can shower.”
 
He gave me a pat on the shoulder and lugged himself back down the stairs. I closed the door and locked it, and turned on the shower to the right temperature. I stripped my clothes wincing when my bra pulled against my breasts. They hurt pretty bad for some reason.
 
The warm water soothed my aching muscles, sending waves of pleasure through my body. I enjoyed the shower as much as I hated the rain. It was warm, comforting, unlike the cold painfulness of raindrops on you. I washed my hair with my new lavender shampoo, Jacob seemed to like the smell much more than strawberries, and I couldn't agree more.
 
Today was the end of April, and I was supposed to get my period. But today I didn't. Though, it usually comes late, so I didn't think much of it. I put a pad on just in case, dried myself off, and clothed.
 
I ran down the stairs wincing as my chest ached. Why, I had no idea. Must be part of the Flu symptoms. Charlie was already gone to the Clearwater's, to go fishing with Harry. I grabbed the phone off the counter and dialed Jake's number. It was a beautiful day outside and I wanted him to come enjoy it with me.
 
“Hello?” An aged voice asked me.
 
“Hey, Billy, how are you?” I asked politely
 
“Fine fine. What is it you need Bella?” He asked
 
As if he didn't know I thought, stifling a giggle. Billy was only observant when he wanted to be. Or maybe he was being so subtle because of my oversensitivity to this kind of thing. I blushed a lot.
 
“Is Jake home? Can you get him?” I asked eagerly.
 
“Sorry Bella. There was an emergency last night. Seems there's been some missing hikers again… they think it's that same one. That she-vamp that was after you before.” He replied, no longer wary of me knowing the truth. After all, I was involved with more than one mythical creature.
 
All the blood left my face in an instant. I froze in place as if someone was controlling me with a remote and had just hit pause. The phone dropped from my hands with a dull thunk and I collapsed in the chair next to me.
 
“Bella? Bella? Are you alright?? Bella?” Billy called anxiously, but I couldn't move. All I could think about was she was back. Here to get revenge on me for her mate's death last summer.
 
James.
 
That name brought so many unwanted feelings to me. The pain I felt that day was utterly indescribable, and I was thankful that I was still here to tell the tale, even though I never would get to. I would never break my unmade promise to never tell people about the Cullen's. I owed them too much. The fact that I was breathing proved that.
 
“She's back, she's back…” I whispered over and over—my emotions getting the better of me—and I started to cry. Victoria was back, in all her vengeance, and my love—my Jacob—was out looking for her. I couldn't lose him. I couldn't! Not like I had lost the Cullen's. I wouldn't survive this again.
 
All of the sudden warm arms enveloped me from behind. I looked back to see Jacob's giant caring face. He squeezed me comfortingly, and picked up the abandoned phone.
 
“She's fine, dad.” He said and after talking to Billy for a minute longer, hung up.
 
Jake turned me around while I was still in his embrace, and wiped the tears from my eyes. He kissed me slowly—reassuring me—that I would be in no danger, though I didn't care about myself. I only cared about Jacob, and the rest of the pack's wellbeing. Vampires were so hard and practically indestructible; it was hard to picture my family fighting a creature so strong.
 
Not that the wolves were weak, but they were mortal. They could die so easily… it was hard to think about. My eyes started to tear up again, despite Jacobs attempts to calm me.
 
“I'm not going to let that bloodsucker touch you. Ever. You're safe Bells. Trust me. I would never let anything hurt you.” He whispered in my ear lovingly. I started to cry more and buried my head in his chest.
 
He lifted my head up so he could look at me, into my eyes. “Bells I swear to you, no bloodsucker will ever hurt you again. Do you not trust me?”
 
I sniffled, “Of course I trust you Jacob. I love you. But I'm so scared... I—I can't lose you too!” I started sobbing again.
 
He laughed, “That's what you're crying about? Bells how many times do I have to tell you, we're not as breakable as you think we are.”
 
“But you're not immortal either. They are! She could you and the pack so much Jacob! I've seen it in action before.” I cried remembering how James had tortured me last summer, barely using full strength, and he was still able to nearly kill me.
 
“You're underestimating us Bells. We're not as fragile as you seem to think we are.” He said smiling, “Anyways, we can worry about this later. We chased Victoria off again last night, all the way to Canada, so we should be able to enjoy the sunlight while we can.” He gestured towards the open window at the unmistakable rays of sunshine.
 
“Okay!” I agreed easily, shocking him and myself. Usually I'm so very stubborn. “But just to warn you, whatever we're doing can't be too rough; I think I have the flu... I threw up this morning.” I told him.
 
He laughed and said, “Probably not, just reacting to the smell of Charlie's cooking. Man, I'm feeling nauseous just thinking about it.”
 
I giggled, “So what are the plans today?”
 
“Well, I was going to take you over to my house and get our bikes, but if you're not up to it…”
 
“Of course I am!” I shouted. I never missed the opportunity to ride my motorcycle. I loved the feel of the wind in my hair, the sun on my cheeks… “Let's go!!”
 
Jacob chuckled and bent down so I could get on his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his chest as best as I could. He held on to me tightly.
 
In seconds, we were flying. It felt so much like being on my motorcycle, except without the rush of adrenaline, because I knew he would never drop me. I had nothing to worry about. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the ride. Then I remembered something.
 
“Didn't you say you had a surprise for me last night?” I asked intrigued mentally smacking myself for almost forgetting.
 
“Sure do. You'll see it when we get home.” He replied. Home; his house. That small house that had become my home away from home, the place where we admitted our feelings to each other for the first time. I loved that house.
 
When we got home, I looked around searching for my surprise. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, or out of place. I gazed at Jake confused, and he pointed toward the garage with a huge grin on his face. I raced over to it and threw the door open and gasped.
 
I had never seen a more beautiful motorcycle in my life. It was shiny red with gray leather seats. It had a huge shining headlight at the front, and on the sides. It looked like it cost a fortune.
 
“Jake! Is this mine?!” I asked, shocked.
 
“Yep! And before you go all berserk, I got it as a gift from my late aunt and uncle. They know how much I like to ride so they got me this M695. I can already run faster than this thing can go, so I thought I'd let you have it.” He replied grinning madly.
 
“Oh thank you thank you thank you Jake!! I love it!!” I squealed, and he winced laughing.
 
I was in the middle of ogling my new deathtrap toy when my stomach let out a grumble.
 
“Skipped breakfast again huh? Let's go inside and get some food for your little empty tummy.” Jake said.
 
“Alright,” I agreed embarrassed, “You still have food in this house?”
 
He laughed and pulled me along inside. I got a bowl from the cabinet and poured myself some cereal. Halfway through eating I felt the nausea come back full force. I ran from the room before I spewed chunks of digesting food all over the Black's kitchen, and ran to the bathroom.
 
Jake followed me and held my hair as my stomach rejected the food I put in it.
 
“I guess you do have some kind of bug, maybe you should go get a checkup at the clinic…” Jacob suggested.
 
I frowned. I hated the hospital and tried to avoid it when it wasn't absolutely necessary for me to go there. “It's just a one day stomach flu thing. I'll be fine.”
 
“I don't think so missy. You're going to go. We can't have you all sick when you're making us dinner now can we?” He said teasing me.
 
I started to cry, “is that all you want me for? B-because I know h-how to c-cook?” I asked him sobbing. What the hell is wrong with me?
 
“Oh my god, what's wrong with me? I knew you were just kidding yet I felt so sad when you said that. Stupid mood swings…” I mumbled. Jacob chuckled and hugged me to his chest.
 
Then all the sudden the pieces fell into place for me. The morning sickness, late period, tender breasts, mood swings… all the early signs of… pregnancy.
 
I gasped and my eyes opened wide; panicky. “Jacob I have to go.” I said and ran from the room only to realize I left my truck at home. I cursed my luck as Jacob came up beside me with a look of concern on his face. I hurried to assure him.
 
“Could you just please take me home? I'm suddenly starting to feel kind of bad…” I asked in a small voice.
 
“Sure Bells.” He responded, hurt. I felt bad that I was doing this to him, but I had to get to a pharmacy and buy a pregnancy test. I did not want him there with me. I'd die of embarrassment.
 
When he got me home I climbed into bed and pretended to sleep until he left. I waited a few minutes after to make sure he was really gone, before I got up and got the keys to my truck.
 
I drove down to the nearest pharmacy, bought two different tests, paid quickly and left. I was hoping that they would both say I wasn't. Not that I didn't want to have Jacob's child, but I was so young, like Renee was when she had me. I didn't want to go through what she did at such a young age.
 
When I got home, I sat in the bathroom with the doors locked and did what the tests told me to do. After fifteen agonizing minutes I picked up both of the tests. They were both positive.
 
I was pregnant with Jacob's child.