Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ At the End of the World ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note:

This story is...well, it's just cruel, I almost hate to do it, because, really, I love Utena and Anshii as a couple. But, this is what attacked me, and demanded that I write it, after seeing Adolescence Mokushirou for, like, the sixth time (I almost understood it this time! =^_~=).

Also, I don't own Shoujo Kakumei Utena, if I did, I would not write such things as this into the storyline, but the fact remains that Saito Chiho and the Be-Papa's are the true owners. Frankly, I'm just mean. =^_~=



At the End of the World
LH-chan '02


I told you once...just a moment ago...that the outside world might not work out for us.

We both knew it was a possibility.

But this...

Not like this...

This...is unthinkable...

Just like he said...I could hear him you know...

...even as a racecar...I could hear him...

...the Prince...

You'd never make it out...that's what he said.

In the outside world...you can't be dead while living...

I thought it was a metaphor...I didn't understand the ramifications...

How could I have forgotten what I saw on that tape...

...how could I not understand...

...what he meant...


This...

...this is unthinkable...

Even before the wheels that carried us stopped rolling...it began...

...this wasn't like the wheels...we couldn't stop this...

...I couldn't...

Couldn't stop it...

...can't even believe...


You...just...crumbling away in my arms...falling to nothing but broom-straw and rose petals with a soft cry...before my eyes...


How could I have forgotten what I saw on that tape...how could I have forgotten that he killed you...on the tape...that's what happened...before he fell from the window...

...he stabbed you through the heart...

...there was a hole through your chest...how could I not realize...


...now...what he meant...the Prince...you can't be dead while living now...not on the outside...

...you could have...back there...but I carried you away...

...the prince and the princess...going together into the sunset...

...it shouldn't end this way...


I didn't know it would end this way...

...but it's too late to go back...


Anshii...

...I'm sorry...

Anshii...

...it hurts so much...