Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Death Is Eternal ❯ Death Is Eternal ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Death is Eternal

By Selenite

My second fic. These characters are not my own and I'm not making one red cent off of this little piece.

Eternity. Something eternal. Something that lasts. Saionji wanted it, searched for it with an obsession that bordered on madness.

He thought Anshii could give it to him somehow. So when the letter told him that the impossible castle mirage thing would tumble down and bring eternity to him, he took her into the forest, into the dueling arena. And he did it in spite of her plaintive protests.

Then something someone hit him on the head just right when he was about to open the arena doors. Saionji remembered being slapped twice and being soaking wet when he finally regained consciousness. He also remembered that Anshii was with him before. She wasn't there now. But his archrival was, his nemesis Tenjou. He asked her who has opened the doors, where Anshii was and the upstart had the nerve to not even know. Together they ran towards the arena in search of Anshii, Anshii meaning different things to them both.

When they reached the arena, they found Anshii. And Saionji couldn't breathe. Seeing that coffin open to reveal her form in it and speed up towards the sky castle mirage thing drove him into a panic. On pure instincts, he cried her name and ran to the coffin. He couldn't reach it. Tenjou could though.

And then it happened. His moment of triumph. The castle mirage thing was falling. Tenjou could reach Anshii but Saionji would get his eternal thing. He laughed and then cried out when a tower came falling towards him to break his body. Now he screamed but in his heart, he still laughed full of giddy, mad triumph.

Saionji wanted something eternal, something that lasts and his brain burned with one thought: death is eternal.