Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Pirate of the Revolution: Part 1 ❯ Pirate of the Revolution: Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Revolutionary Girl Utena Fan Fiction
Pirate of the Revolution

Prologue:

After being saved by the Sailor Scouts from alien invaders, a young man trains in and martial arts and gunnery so one day he may join the Scouts. But because of his overly aggressive tactics, not to mention he had no super powers nor is he a girl, Gallian Vinsan is disallowed to join. After this he soon learns that an interplanetary criminal has created wristbands that emulated Sailor Mars' and Sailor Moon's powers. With swiftness and cunning he moved to defeat the criminal and snatch the bands...for himsel f.

PIRATE of the REVOLUTION
by Vinson Watson
artstar@jps.net

"Whose the new boy?" asked Utena. Anthy and Miki glanced at the unusual boy as he conversed with Kozue Kaoru, Mikiºs Sister, slightly pinning her against the lockers. Chuchu jumped from Anthy's shoulder onto Utena's and climbed to the top of her head so h e could get a better look. The boy wore school colors, light blue pants but with a long matching trench instead of the usual jacket and a head scarf sporting the anarchy symbol tied around his head. Another odd thing about him was the collar of his shirt b ared the appearance of those worn by sailors. His dark brown skin made him stand out even if his style of dress was ignored.
"I don't know but I think I should find out." said Miki.
"There's a new girl who just started here recently too I think she's his sister." said Utena. "She's in the fencing class."
"Ali Summura. She's pretty. Is she a duelist?" asked Miki.
"I don't know. She's not part of the council."
The young man looked directly at Miki and smiled, then put his hand on Kozue's cheek in a sweet but questionable gesture for one whom Kozue had just met then he walked away. Miki came over to her.
"Who was that?" he said but pretended it was of little concern.
"His name is Gallian Vinsan." said Kozue. "He's beautiful."
Miki squinted. "I don't care." he said, "I'm going to get a taco, you coming?"
"A taco? No, not today." Kozue walked away. Miki cocked his head to the side surprised by this response. He looked back over at the spot where Utena and Anthy had been standing but they were gone.
Gillian moved down the hall. He was a little bigger than the other boys at the academy. A slender young man with green hair stepped out of the shadows and began to walk with him.
"So you're the new student." he said.
"Saionji Kyouichi?" said Gallian Vinsan without looking his way.
"You know me."
"I've heard mention of you. The green hair's a giveaway."
"And if you were to take that scarf off would your hair not -" Before he could finish his sentence Gillian pulled the scarf from his head and medium length dreadlocks fell. They were the same light blue color as his school uniform. "Stickler for school sp irit eh. That's good for a duelist to have."
"Who says I'm a duelist. I'm just a black guy with blue dreads, walking around unnoticed in a private academy."
"Looks like Kozue noticed you."
"I noticed her."
"What's with that weird collar. It's like some kind of -"
"Sailor. I've heard 'em all before, okay."
"Well if you're not a duelist why are you here?"
"My school exploded a few days ago."
"Exploded?"
"Long story. I know Akio. He invited me to come here to Ohtori Academy. Actually I never really liked the guy. He was always kinda freaky to me. Either way this was my only alternative or go to a public school. I'm glad I came though. Hey you know anythin g about this chick name C-ko? She's kinda hot. Got this little braid thing goin' on. I met her coming out of an acting class."
"Never heard of her?"
"Oh well. I should be going."
"Ah. I see where you mind is. A friend of mine wanted to meet you. With you being an associate of Akio's my friend figured you'd be a great candidate for student council."
"I'd be charmed I'm sure. But you know, I'm really busy right now, got a lot on my mind."
"Well this...friend -¡
"Touga."
"Yes. He wants to meet you today after school."
"Why?"
"If you've come to duel you'll need to know the rules. There's a special place where he, Akio and myself will show you the way."
"I don't think I want to go to any 'special places' with the likes of you three. I've met both of
them. I think they're kind of into each other. And you donºt make me feel comfortable yourself. Thanks but no thanks."
"How can you say that. Akio went away on vacation but he came back just to meet you in person. You really should be more grateful. He pulled the strings for you to get in here."
Gillian paused. He caught a glimspe of Kozue as she crammed books into a locker but didn't
see him walk by. When Gillian and Saionji got further along Gillian asked, "What's your take on Kozue?"
"You won't have any problems getting her if that's what you mean. But I don't see why a guy like you wouldn't set you sights higher. Utena. She pretty, even though she wears a boy's uniform."
"Red spandex shorts and a school jacket. I ain't seen no boys walking around in that. Not that I'm looking for any but it's just the fact of. Iºve seenthat Utena chick. Sheºs hot for a skinny girl. You know us brothers like a thicker woman."
"Ah, like your sister Ali Summura. I don't know, I think she's got a thing for Touga."
"My sister? That what she told you?"
"Just guessing."
The sword flew from Ali's hand as Jury landed a harsh blow. "The problem is not your technique. You simply need to concentrate. Again."
Ali Summura kicked her sword into the air, grabbed it and moved in. Her strikes appeared wild but were actually quick and controlled. Jury blocked most of her shots but some managed to get through. As the girls battled the fight managed to get very heated . The boys watched her intensely. Suddenly in the blink of an eye the fight was over. The two girls had managed to crack each other's practice blade. The crowd roared. As the deafening cheers lowered the sound of a single clap could be heard as Saionji wal ked through the hoarde of on lookers applauding. Gillian shook his head at the how hard the young women were battling.
"Pretty rough for a practice run don'tcha think." asked Saionji.
"I'm the best and I want my students to be."
"Wow, and to think she promised sheºd show me how to use my sword." said Gillian. Saionji
chuckled.
"That I did." said Jury. "Come down here."
"Oh Iºm no fighter."
"That's why you must learn."
Gillian looked at Saionji who simply shrugged. He walked down to the ring and picked a sword. "It's not what I'm used to fighting with. My sword is usually - bigger." Jury's expression went blank and she took her stance. With the agility of a cat she stru ck. Gillian surprised himself by blocking her moves almost instinctively. But because he used heavier swords there were points in which he over or underestimated and it cost him as Jury's sword whipped across him several times. Finally her wooden sword str uck his chest.
"Had this been a real fight I would've cut your heart out." she slapped him hard causing his body to nearly fly across the arena. Saionji noticed the impressive move and nodded with approval. "That's for being fresh." she said. The girl's were stunned a t how she'd handled this new student.
He climbed to his feet and noticed Ali laughing quietly. "Very well." he said. "Consider me punished."
"I think he likes being punished." said Ali.
Gillian frowned. "That's enough out of you, sister." he said. Ali smiled.
Soon night fell and Utena found herself once again in the den of the lion known as Akio. "He's strange." said Utena. Akio sat on the couch and sipped wine from a crystal glass as he listened intently. Anthy stood by the window and seemed to assume nothi ng. "He seems friendly enough." continued Utena.
"Atleast he got very friendly with Miki's sister. My best friend Wakaba mentioned to me that he said some things to her that were a bit cheeky for a man she'd just met. We may have another Touga on our hands."
"Please understand Gillian means no harm. He has good heart and he like to be friendly with women."
"Friendly."
"He's not a seducer."
"And what about the new girl on the fencing team?"
"Ali Summura? His sister."
"She doesn't like to talk to people."
"Not everyone is a talker now are they. Don't worry about any of this. You'll get old before your time and we wouldn't want that would we."
Utena blushed. "I have go to bed." she said.
"I hate it when you leave. We've grown so close. You're like another sister to me. Anthy is my only living blood."
"Well, thank you, but I do have to wake up early."
Utena walked toward the stairs. Anthy smiled. Utena nodded knowing Anthy wanted to spend time with her brother. Utena headed upstairs. Akio walked over to Anthy and hugged her from behind. "There's nothing like the time a brother and sister share. Anthy s miled as the lights went out.
Gillian, garbed in leather pants, combat boots a leather trench walked through the halls. He had
washed the blue spray in color from his hair and wanted only to get something to eat. He heard
movement behind him and turned to see who it was, but no one was there. He went a few paces but there it was again. He gave nothing the chance. He ran spun and flung his bag behind him then jumped into an open class room. He smacked the activation button o n his wrist band and moved back into the hallway swiftly. A shadow appeared near the door and he turned to fire.
"So dramatic." he heard Touga say. "And exactly what are you going to do? You could've never hit me from way back there unless you had some kind of projectile weapon."
If he only knew, thought Gillian as he deactivated the emmulator. "What could you possibly want."
"I want to invite you to bid for the power to bring the world revolution. I would like to take you to a special place."
"Where you can be my special friend? I don't think so."
Touga was slightly amused. He extended his arms. "If your heart hasn't given up completely, you can hear this sound, running about the end of the world."
"What? Man what the hell are you talking about?" Suddenly the sound of a harsh revving motor could be heard. He turned as Akio drove up in a shinny red drop-top sports car with Ali in the back seat. "Get in." said Akio.
"Dude, how'd you get your car in here."
"That's not a concern now."
"Dude, we're five floors up."
"It will all make sense soon." said Ali. Touga stroked the car lovingly then climbed in with her.
They raced down the street. As Touga and Ali fondled each other in the back seat Gillian spoke
with Akio. "Would someone please tell me what this is all about."
"Making your fondest dreams come true."
"How so?"
"With the power to make miracles the world is yours. You can be anything you want. Even a Sailor Scout."
Gillian frowned. "Really? Why would I want to do something like that? Besides, what do you know about the Sailor Scouts?"
"I know you're here for a purpose. Your school didn't burn down or explode or whatever. You never attended Ozawa Academy. The attendence documents you forged were nice though. So I can only figure you had a plan. It's easier to get into another school whe n yours explodes in the middle of the night isn't it?" Akio smiled. Gillian didn't like the sound of what Akio may have been implying.
"Think about this Gillian. What do you really want?" asked Ali then she kissed Touga's chest and ran her tongue over the nipple.
"Okay." said Gillian. "I'll listen to your pitch, but no foot massaging and no touching... me that is."
"Oh he's a pepper." said Touga.
Akio smirked. "The ends of the world I will show to you." he said as he flipped out of the car onto the hood and landed on his knees then sat back and rode as his shirt flapping in the wind.
"What the?" Gillian moved to grab the wheel. Ali reached up to the front seat took his hand and whispered in his ear. "You don't want to touch the car. You know how Touga touches this car."
"Ewww." said Gillian.
"Don't knock it." said Touga as he took the black rose signet ring Ali wore around her neck off and slid his hand up Ali's back and undid her bra. The car drove on. Gillian shook his head.
The next morning Gillian found Utena in the lunchroom.
"So you're Utena." he said as he sat down by her.
She looked up from the book she was reading. "You're the new boy, Gillian." She extended her hand. He took it and kissed it.
"Gillian Vinsan. I was hoping I'd meet you. There's some things that have to happen. Things that will make you mad, but understand they'll happen for a reason."
"What? I don't know what that means. I don't even know you."
"Oh you will." He walked away in an overly dramatic move turned and flung a rose sealed envelope at her like a ninja would a combat star. She didn't even open it.
"You too?"
"A prince is one who rules. Will you rule?'
"You speak in riddles."
"You should be used to it by now." Gillian put on a pair of shades. Even though they were inside a sudden wind seemed to rise from nowhere and whip his coat tail. Miki watched from the landing above and met Gillian on the stairs.
"Even if you win I won't let you have her. She deserves her freedom." he said.
"So you can date her? Okay. If I win she's yours, although you'll have to go through the proper procedures to get her. We'll test your love for her. But seeing that you don't have her now, I take it you've failed before?"
Miki looked down. "I want you to stay away from my sister."
"The blue haired chick? She's a cutie. I'll make a deal. If you win The Rose Bride from me. I'll leave your sister alone and leave this hellhole of academy. Hey, you do know the student council is a cult right? And I'm sure that if I looked closely I'd fi nd evidence of statutory rape and ritual abuse. But I'm not going to do that. You'll figure the rest out on your own or you'll keep swallowing the garbage Akio and Touga ram down your throat."
Miki's face went red with anger. "Seems like a lot of people are swallowing that same garbage."

The day passed quickly for Utena. She informed Anthy of the duel and they prepared. "He's quick but his skills aren't nearly up to par with the other duelist." she said. "Don't worry Utena. This will all be over very soon." said Anthy as they walked onto the lift.
Anthy disappeared suddenly and reappeared as The Rose Bride. They rode the elevator to the arena. Gillian and Ali where in Akio's car. The drove in, parked got out and waited by the car.Gillian sniffed a rose and put it on his lapel. Utena's was already a ffixed. She shook her head.
"Why do you want to go through with this? You not even student Council. Who are you?"
"It's the only way I can get my mack on with a hottie like The Rose Bride. Isn't that reason enough?"
Utena wasn't amused. "There has to be more to it than that."
"Does there?"
Utena didn't want to waste any more time with his foolish conversation. Anthy leaned Utena over her arm and began to pull a long blade from her chest. "Rose of the Noble Castle. Power of Dios sleeps within me. Heed your master and come forth. Grant me the power to bring the world revolution!" said Utena.
Gillian turned to Ali. "That's not good. You're gonna do that to me?" he said.
"Say the words." Ali replied.
She rubbed her hands together with glee and grinned wickedly. Gillian raised a brow. Ali dipped him back. "Sword of Fantasy, to my hand at my command! Rage of the Justice Bringers Grant me the power to bring wraith." shouted Gillian as Ali pulled a huge s word from his chest.
Utena's eye became wide. "It's so big he surely can't maneuver with it." she thought as she took in the sight of the huge weapon. Suddenly church bells went off all around them. She moved to attack. Gillian blocked the strike quickly. Utena slashed at him but he dodged. He lunged but she moved to the side. His sword was hard to block because of it's size, but it slowed him down enough making it easier to dodge. Utena was no joke. She wasn't the greatest fencer in the world but she moved like a cheetah. He would have to get her into position fast. He glanced over at Ali who was driving around the areana. She was supposed to keep an eye on Anthy, but her attention was on Touga. She looked upward longingly and tried to see him as he tried to stay out of sight but could see her through his binoculars. »Okay, so I'm truly alone in this this.¡ Thought Gillian. Suddenly he became confused Anthy and Ali started to look alike. "What?" he said. "Ali... what?" He noticed Utena right on him and fell back to stay clear. She landed on top of him. "And I thought you didn't like me." he said.
She rolled off quickly and slashed at him. He lifted his sword but was cut on the arm. Gillian looked down. "Y-you drew blood?" The ground began to shake. Cars, all modeled after Akio's red sports car, rose from the ground, one jutted up right behind him and caused him to lose balance for a second.
"This is dangerous sport even when you're not in a real duel. You have some nerve. You should just leave. It's okay to give up." said Utena.
"But I won't lose." he said smiling. He knew the confusion was magically induced and would destroy him but he had to be okay. It was time. If his attack failed he knew this agile girl would either take the rose from his chest or as he feared most, run him through. He was unclear about her intentions or her nature. Though she seemed personable she was quite fearless with that sword in her hand. He charged her and swung for her midsection. Utena instinctively jumped into the air. A high powered rush of air c ould be heard. Then Utena landed in a stance ready for more, but then she paused. "W-what did you do to me?" she mumbled then felt a burning in her leg. A dart. She looked at his sword.
"Your sword."
"It's called the Sword of Fantasy. Some call it a gun-sword. Iºve heard that if I struck at your
midsection you'd jump. I wasn't expecting a ten foot vertical and a fifty foot horizontal leap but whatever. I needed my dart to strike you as you landed."
"You cheated."
"No I didn't. The rules say I need a sword. They didn't specify. It was your choice to use the fencing swords. It's what all of you know. I've never fenced, atleast not well. You should be falling right about now."
Utena gritted her teeth and leapt at him but fell to the arena floor. Anthy's face froze with a look of shock as Gillian walked over and slashed the rose from her lapel. Every car around them sent luminations into the sky from their headlights. Gillian co uld hear a ringing of bells again in the distance. "Get Utena in the car." said Gillian.
Ali smiled and put Utena in the back seat. He nodded to Anthy. She walked over to him. He took her hand and led her into the front seat with him. Gillian got in the car and drove off.
"Can't we wait for Touga." said Ali.
"I'm taking them both to my place until Utena wakes up. I don't trust Touga nor Akio. Something about them rubs me the wrong way."
"Oh, that's so sweet of you to drug her and then make sure she's protected."
"Like you protected me from Anthy?" he said stroking Anthy's cheek. "I know about you."
"Suppose they try to stop us."
"I got enough fire power to light up a football field."
"The band?"
"Yep. It's like having Sailor Mars on my wrist as far as I'm concerned." The metallic wrist band hummed when he said this.
Akio and Touga looked down on this through binoculars. "He did it." said a stunned Akio.
"Yes he did." said Touga. "Are we going to let this victory stand?"
"For now, until we better understand his motives."

A few days passed. Utena felt like Anthy was nothing more than a trophy to Gillian. He had been trotting around with her in tow. It was like he was showing her off. This had happened before. She tried not to let it get her down but soon the depression sun k in. She woke early from force of habit but didn't go to class and didn't eat. Instead she went up to one of the bedrooms on the top floor and stayed there all day.
Later that night there was a rapping at the door. She didn't move. After a few moments it stopped. Then she felt a rush of cold air. She looked up as Gillian came down from the sky light and landed on top of her.
"Get off!" she said pushing him to the ground. She was strong of will more than strength but it did the job. Gillian smiled.
"You weren't in class today?"
"I can't believe you came here to rub it in."
"I didn't."
"Then why are you here Gillian? If that's your real name. I'll call you cheater."
Gillian stood to his feet. "Like you two don't cheat. Touga told me you were an ametuer fencer yet you consistently kicked the butts of people who've trained for years and you want me to believe it's all on the up and up? I don't think so. You'll get Anth y back no doubt."
"Who are you? Akio says you're called 'The Space Pirate', whatever that means."
"It's a bad translation. You know, like when you get fan dubs of old Japanese cartoons but the dubbers are lazy and they leave out words and sometimes whole phrases. I'm called Space Pirate Gillian, but most people know me as Gillian Vinsan. My actual han dle is Super Soldier Pirate Moon."
"And that's better than the bad translation?"
Gillian sneered. "Oh, you got jokes. That's why Athny's at my house now." Utena moved to punch him. He moved back instinctively and grabbed her fist. "Hey, take it easy. It's a joke. Miki's set to challenge me next. He'll win her, for a minute. Declare hi s love or whatever and then you'll easily win her back when you defeat him."
"And you're so sure I'll defeat Miki?"
"You would've defeated me. That's why I played it smart. I'm a pirate kid, sometimes I fight dirty."
Utena sat back on the bed. "So you want to be a prince." he said.
"Who've you been talking to?"
"The people who know you best. It's not awful. I want to be a Sailor Scout. If only the roles were reversed."
"But they're not. Are you trying to imply that we're somehow soulmates." Utena leaped on him and began to strike him with her fist. He flung her to the bed and pinned her down.
"Take a shower and put on your day clothes. We're going to get some food in you, goodness
knows you're skinny enough. Then and only then I'll take you to see Anthy. She's under my protection." Gillian got up.
"Y-your protection."
"It's a long story. Do you know what a SOD is?"
Utena thought for a moment. "No."
"A Sister Of Deception. Her name is Prizma. I know little about Anthy but I know enough to gather Anthy's what drawing her here and if it is, Iºm going to be ready for her."
To be continued...

Vinson Watson is creator artist and publisher of Reaction: The Ultimate Man, Rage and other
independant titles. You can send comments to artstar@jps.net. This story, Super Soilder Pirate Moon, Gillian Vinsan and Ali Summura and art thereof are ©2001. Other characters are © their perspective owners. This story is fan fiction done for distribution on the web and is not for profit. This story may be copied and used on any site.