Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Shiori's Prince ❯ Shiori's Prince ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She was serious.
 
My God, she was serious!
 
Her beautiful, light purple eyes studiously avoided mine as one of her long, delicate legs kicked my bed to a tune heard only in her lovely head. Her words had pierced like a bullet, shot echoing through my mind.
 
Touga winced and sucked in a breath as a slip of the hand made painful contact with the open wound. He bit down hard on his tongue; white-hot pain mingling with salty blood flowed down his throat, successfully squelching any cry that tried to pry itself loose. Out of habit more than anything else his blazing-red-topped head tilted back, aiming his emerald eyes at the ceiling in an effort to hold back the tears. Someone somewhere had said that it didn't help… damn fool; anything would be better than sniveling like a little girl.
Shiori must have seen the duelist flinch, since her touch immediately lightened. “I'm sorry Touga. I'll be more careful.” As gently as she could, Shiori pulled off the blood-soaked tunic. A drop of blood splattered on her uniform skirt and several others landed on her leg. “You should take better care of yourself. You opened all your old wounds, plus you got a few new ones. Why do you keep doing this to yourself? What could possibly be worth your life?”
“The Rose Bride, I have to fight for her. The Rose Bride is worth much more than my life.” Shiori's tiny hands stopped moving and her voice seemed to break.
“So you'll give her your heart too?!”
Touga looked over, puzzled. “My…heart?”
Tears streamed from the shorter girl's eyes. “Yes your heart! You're always fighting for the damn Rose Bride! Just for once I wish you'd forget about her! Just for once… just for once I wish you'd fight for me instead of that witch!” As if suddenly realizing what she had said, Shiori blushed a bright red and jerked away from him.
 
She was lovely in the moonlight, her entire body bathed in a silver glow. I longed to take her into my arms, to wipe away her tears. Each sob tore at my heart as if it would break me.
A gentle wind stirred the thick, red draperies to movement before invading my room. It teased me, pulling the hem of her skirt further up her leg. My hands itched to touch the soft skin now exposed. In a few words, she had thrown her soul at my feet, and here I was, about to crush it. She was a delicate butterfly perched in my hand and it was my choice whether to treasure it or destroy it.
My mind and heart battled furiously. Every ounce of logic available to me warned against it.
It was risky.
It was improper.
It was evil.
 
It was tempting.
 
Everything that made me a man screamed for her. I wanted to take her right there and then. I wanted to push her down on the soft carpet and run my hands all over her body. I wanted to feel her tremble at my touch. I wanted to taste her. I wanted to make her mine. I wish I could turn my mind off for just one moment. I restrained myself. If I slept with her now there could be repercussions later, repercussions I may not be able to deal with.
I want to tell her so badly, but I know I can't. I cannot let anything get in the way of my getting the secret of the Rose Bride.
My silence must have seemed like rejection, for her petite shoulders shook all the harder as she pushed herself off the bed and ran to the door. There was one thing that I could have said that would have stopped, but my mouth refused to form the words. She left, slamming the door and cutting off the only chance I had to rectify the situation.
 
I let her go.
 
I wanted to tell her how much I wanted to fight for her. Why can't I tell her? Why can't I be Shiori's prince?
 
Juri looked on curiously as Shiori burst out of Touga's room. “Shiori, what's wrong?” Shiori looked up with a tear stained face.
“Juri…Juri, please, can I sleep in your room tonight?” She glanced back at the door with palpable terror. “Please Juri, I wont ask for anything else. Just let me stay near you tonight.” The spot of blood on the girl's skirt and the blood dripping down from between her legs spoke volumes more than her words, and awareness dawned on the female duelist.
“Touga? DAMN IT!!! Shiori, what the hell did he do to you?” She grabbed the girl's shoulders. “If he's hurt you Shiori, tell me now.”
“It's not that big of a deal Ju-kun. I was already on contraceptives…” Juri saw red as pure fury swarmed through her veins. She started to pull her sword.
“I will kill him for touching you.” The brown-haired girl flung her arms around the duelist's neck.
“Please don't Ju-kun. I don't want him to hurt you. Let's just go.” She lowered her head on Juri's shoulder as the orange-haired fighter pulled her closer.
“Alright, if that's what you want. But know that I will kill him.”
“You'll fight for me Juri? You'll be my prince?” Juri held her tighter for a moment before pulling Shiori towards her room.
“Of course!”
 
A light of evil glee gleamed in Shiori's eyes. She gently pressed deceptively chaste lips to the taller girl's neck.
“I'm glad…”