Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Silly Utena Crossover Fic! ❯ Chapter 21

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Popularity Blues

Arisugawa Juri looked down at the papers in front of her, then around the student council, a very odd expression on her face. "What do you mean, I'm President of the Student Council? I wasn't even in the running this time," she asked.

"It was a write-in, actually," Kaoru Miki explained to her calmly, "The shoujo-ai voters all seemed to have written in your name in the "Other" line."

Juri transferred her glare from Miki to Kiryuu Touga, "You just had to get caught skimming funds for your girl groupies, didn't you?" She shook her head, "I'd still like to know how the student paper got those documents, though."

Kiryuu Nanami smirked, and quietly drank her cup of tea.

"Never mind," Juri sighed.

Next morning, Juri tried to go to her classes just like everyday. Only, she noticed something kind odd was going on. The route she normally walked was literally lined with young ladies, all eagerly waiting for something.

"Good morning, Juri-sama!" one girl shyly called out to her.

Juri was a bit surprised, but she answered, "Good morning." The girl swooned, her friends barely catching her in time.

Juri sweatdropped, and moved on as quickly as possible.

Another girl stepped out of the crowd, standing in front of Juri with a fierce blush on her face. "Juri-sama..." she started, and then trailed off.

"Yes?" Juri asked her rather warily.

From behind her back she produced a neatly wrapped lunch box. "Will you eat the lunch I made for you?" she asked Juri sweetly.

A bit relieved, Juri reflexedly took it in her hand. "Thank you," she managed to reply. The girl blushed even brighter, before moving off.

Another girl quickly stepped up to present Juri with "Meatballs," and then another, "Fried rice," and yet another, "Octopus," and in only a few moments a small pile of bento boxes had been gathered around her.

Miki stopped beside her, looking over at her in mild surprise. "Sempai, what's going on?" he asked, picking up a lunch box that was resting on the top of her head.

Juri sighed softy. "Shut up and help me carry these," she said grimly.

Later that day, "Next!" she barked, defeating another fencer with ease.

A soft series of feminine sighs filled the small room. Juri looked sideways, and noticed the fencing arena was packed with young women, all looking at her adoringly. Then the next opponent was in front of her, and she devoted her concentration to that.

The matches were over, another series of victories, and Juri found herself mobbed once again. "Juri," one girl said sweetly, "would you like to use my towel?" Another girl held up a bottle, "Would you like some water?"

Something pink fluttered out of the adoring crowd, landing right at Juri's feet. She picked it up, and with a fierce blush she realized they were someone's still warm panties!

"So I need some help," Juri said with a sigh, recounting her tale of woe.

Tenoh Haruka chuckled softly. "Juri, I know some people who'd love to be in your shoes right now," she said with a grin.

"I'm not one of them," Juri shot back. "I don't want to be head of student council, I don't want piles of inedible lunches, and I really don't want young girls throwing their panties at me," she said, blushing fiercely.

"Did you get her number?" Haruka asked curiously.

"It was written on the panties," Juri answered her morosely.

"That's one way to be memorable," Haruka smirked. Juri sighed again, and Haruka took a bit of pity on her, "Look, I'm sure it's just a passing phase. Once the girls get used to you being President your popularity should die down a bit."

Juri put the bento she was sampling down, "Has your popularity ever died down?"

Haruka sweatdropped a bit. "Good point," she admitted.

Appearing this Episode: Juri, Miki, Touga and Nanami are all from Revolutionary Girl Utea. Haruka is from Sailor Moon.