Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Devil Song ❯ The Devil Song... ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Devil Song…

By: Oriana X. Myst

This takes place when Utena "first meets" Touga… In the manga and anime, she arrived 6 months before she first met him, but I'm going as if this is when she first arrives at the school. She doesn't know Wakaba… doesn't know anyone in fact. She's just looking for her prince. By the way, the name "Mephistopheles," just for everyone's info., is the name for the Devil in a drama from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's great drama, Faust… in it, he is a spirit that temps man… and lies often… for a little background just in case you didn't know.

("The Devil Song" by Marcy Playground)

~Some kids,

They know how to fight,~

Touga walked up the stairs of the Ohtori Academy. His steps, like everything else he did, were smooth, graceful, and purposeful. He walked amidst the other students and stood out as a red rose in a field of white snow. Some watched as he walked, swooning; others stared wide eyed at him, thinking that he had glanced their way; and still others looked on with envy, knowing that he could snap his fingers and the world would respond as if it were his personal slave.

One such person was actually bold, or stupid (as there is really no difference in this situation), enough to block his path. The boy was an inch shorter than the redhead and had brown spiky hair, large green eyes, and a line instead of a mouth.

Everyone around gasped at the situation. No one had ever dared to step up to Touga. They all wondered slightly what would happen if someone did. The bell for class rang and everyone stayed exactly where they were, they were not going to miss this for the world.

Touga stopped and looked at the young man, raising an eyebrow languidly. "Can I help you?"

The boy seemed a bit nervous now that Touga had actually spoken to him. He opened and closed his mouth like a Carp and sputtered, "You…you… my sister…I…"

Touga smiled calmly and put a hand on his shoulder. The boy looked down at the hand and paled slightly. The fact that he was still standing was amazing to the other students.

The redhead leaned down and whispered something in the boy's ear. He then removed his hand and stepped back.

A few blinks and a muttered, "I'm sorry," and the boy took off at a dead run down the hall. Needless to say, he didn't go to class that day, nor the next for that matter.

~Some kids run.~

Touga shook his head and continued to class wondering briefly what his teacher was going to say when he walked in so late. He put on his sexiest look, which didn't take much work, and opened the door to the classroom.

~I'm a thousand generations ahead of them…~

The teacher looked up from the desk and narrowed her eyes. "You're late, Kiryuu-san."

He tilted his head to the side and opened his hands in an apologetically suave manner. "I am so sorry Mrs. Yokimoto, I was detained by my last teacher for a praise about an assignment that I did." He swept his hand toward himself and bowed low, red hair spilling over his shoulder like a wave of beautiful blood. "Please forgive me." He stood up straight again and watched as the teacher turned red a moment before muttering for him to not do it again and take his seat. He smiled to himself and nodded his thanks to her before turning and gracefully made his way to his chair.

~Cool as they come.~

* * *

Touga finished with his classes and walked toward his room. He almost hoped that Nanami would not be home so that he could have a moment alone but as soon as the thought had finished, a pair of hands latched on to his arm and an annoyingly familiar voice piped up, dripping sugar all over the floor.

"Big Brother, how was class today?"

He smiled patiently and looked down in the most loving way he could muster, without trying too hard of course. "It was actually quite interesting dear little sister."

She smiled at him and began to rant about her horrible day and how stupid the rest of the school was, excluding him of course.

He walked on, with her attached to him, and as they passed the Rose Garden, he stopped. Turning to Nanami, he sweetly removed her hands and told her to go on ahead without him.

"But… Big Brother…" she began in a low whine.

"Now, now, Nanami dear." He motioned to the garden. "I must speak to someone privately. It's official business."

She huffed and crossed her arms but nodded and continued on her way.

Touga turned without a second thought to her and walked into the garden. Anthy was there, as usual, watering the roses and Saionji stood by watching her as a hawk watches its prey. Juri and Miki were probably on their way there, he figured.

~See, all my suits are Calvin Klein,~

Saionji turned when he entered. "Ah, Touga, what are you doing here?"

Anthy turned when Saionji had finished speaking and nodded in greeting. "Good afternoon, Kiryuu-sama."

Touga nodded to Anthy slightly and turned his eyes on Saionji, making the green haired man blink a few times. Touga loved having this kind of power over people, it fulfilled a certain… perverse pleasure he had.

~My lucky number's 69...~

He motioned to the Rose Bride and Saionji nodded and sent her to the farther side of the Rose Garden. "We must talk Saionji. It has been a long time since you and Anthy were betrothed."

Saionji nodded, slight confusion marring his perfectly chiseled features for a second before smoothing out into slight impatience, which was his usual demeanor. "Go on."

"I am afraid that I have gotten word that someone is going to duel you."

Saionji smirked and leaned back, taking on the position of a relaxed panther. "And this is supposed to scare me?"

Touga blinked deliberately and gave a small smile. "On the contrary, actually. This is just to let you know so that you will not be… surprised." He thought about the last word that he had uttered and chuckled lightly.

~I got all the things I need,~

"What's so funny, Touga?" Saionji asked, lifting a perfectly shaped green eyebrow.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he answered, finally getting a hold of himself. "You must forgive me…" He turned and began walking to the door but paused when he reached for the handle. He looked back at the other junior, who was staring at him as if he had never seen him before. "It's just that… it's quite amusing to me that I even said the word `surprise' and `you' in the same sentence. You're face couldn't possibly show surprise anymore than it could, oh, let's just say, happiness." He laughed at Saionji's shocked expression and turned the handle. "Then again, I could be wrong." And left the garden, shutting the door as softly as a butterflies' wings flap in the wind.

~It's the nature of my breed.~

* * *

Touga watched as the young woman with the pink hair walked up the steps to the Academy. Her head was kept high, her big blue eyes straight ahead, and confidence in her step. She almost looked as if she owned the school. Touga raised his eyebrow, intrigued by something other than himself-for he was the most intriguing thing at the Ohtori Academy-for the first time in a long time.

She had a firm figure, long legs, and carried herself almost… royally. Where had that thought come from? Ah well. Time to introduce myself, I suppose.

~I'm independent,

Smooth and confident,~

He briefly wondered if she would be as boring as all the other students of the school. She didn't seem the type to be boring, but one could not always tell.

He turned from the balcony edge and made his way through the throng of people to the main stairs. A new day, a new prey.

~Always in command.~

When he got to the bottom of the stairs, he looked around, assessing everything in his vicinity. He noted who was watching him, who was watching her, who was around them both, and who was getting too close to her. He would have to have the first taste, it was his right as Student Council President.

~A graceful element,~

He would welcome her to Ohtori Academy and see if she was everything he hoped her to be. She was talking to one of the teachers, one that Touga did not really recognize (not like he really recognized any of them, they were like the regular students, blending faces in the sea of life). He finally noted what she was wearing and stopped on the stairs. He cocked his head to the side and studied her without seemingly studying her at all.

She wore a rose-colored uniform-boys cut, he noted with slight amusement-and had a black backpack slung over her shoulder. When she finished with the teacher, she smiled and bowed in thanks. Touga's eyebrows lifted ever so slightly. She was actually quite beautiful.

~A tasteful compliment…~

She began walking toward the stairs and Touga decided to stay where he was and let her come to him. He was already coming up with a sensual little speech to test her abilities. A few people stopped to watch as she began her ascent but she didn't seem to acknowledge anyone. When she was three steps away, Touga stepped over and blocked her path, startling her a bit.

~Do you know who I am?~

"Oh, excuse me," she muttered and turned to move out of the way. He held up a hand to stop her and she blinked at him a few times.

~Look up, look down, watch out…~

"You're knew here I see," he purred.

She raised an eyebrow at his comment but nodded. "Yup, just transferred over from Serian Junior High."

He smiled and held out a beautifully sculptured hand. "My name is Touga Kiryuu. I am the Student Council President of Ohtori Academy."

~The tiger's on the town tonight.~

She looked down at his hand a moment before shifting her bag to her other hand and grasping it in a firm hold. She smiled. "The names Utena. Utena Tenjou."

"Utena." He savored her name on his tongue. "That is a very lovely name." He lifted her hand and pressed it to his lips. Her hand was smooth and warm, he noticed, relishing in the feel of her skin. She smelled faintly of roses.

~I'm a deadly handsome man.~

She blushed slightly and then let go of his hand.

Touga took the blush as a compliment and moved out of her way. "Please, let me help you find your way to class."

~Look up, look down, watch out…~

Utena seemed to consider his offer a minute and then nodded, walking up the stairs. "This is a really big school. I've never seen a building this large before."

He smiled at her comment and took pleasure in noticing that she blushed at this as well.

~The tiger's on the town tonight.~

He led her around, other students looking… no, staring at them as they walked. He felt eyes on them at every corner and was just about to give them a show when a shrill scream burst through his thoughts.

Utena and him both turned at the sound and saw Nanami running at them, full speed down the hall.

Touga stood patiently, for he was used to the show of jealousy from his sister, and he felt Utena stiffen next to him.

"Big Brother!" the blonde screeched when she halted in front of them. Her face was flushed from anger and from being out of breath from the run and she glared at Utena. "Where are you going, Big Brother?"

Utena looked at Nanami and then at him and lifted an eyebrow. "Your sister?"

Touga turned his head and smiled at her.

~I'm the lion in the lamb.~

"Yes, this is my little sister, Nanami." He turned to the blonde and motioned toward Utena. "Nanami, this is Utena, she's a new student here."

Nanami looked down her nose at the pink haired girl (actually up because she was a might shorter than Utena). "Hmph."

Utena sighed. "Well, it's nice to meet you too."

Touga shot his sister a reprieving look, which got her to make puppy eyes at him to make up for it, and turned his back on her to lead Utena to class.

He could hear Nanami's growl of displeasure as he walked down the hall and knew that after school he was going to hear her whining. At the moment, though, it didn't matter to him one bit.

This girl was turning out to be more than what she seemed… and he did so love a challenge.

~Look up, look down, watch out…

The tiger's on the town tonight.~

* * *

Just as I suspected, Touga thought as the second that Nanami suctioned onto his arm she began to squeak about, "How could you do that to me, Big Brother?" and "Who is she anyway?" and "She looks like a slut to me," and things of that nature.

He sighed, actually showing a bit of impatience with her, and removed her hands from his arm. She stared up at him in surprise. "Big Brother?"

"Nanami, go to the room, I'll meet you there later. I have some business with the Student Council today and I might be a little late."

Her lower lip trembled and he smiled at her, wondering if she would like a kick in the head (sorry, I couldn't help it, she was getting on MY nerves ).

"Nanami, you know I'm not mad at you don't you?" He put on an innocent face, one that he saved for situations like these.

She smiled and nodded. "Oh, of course, Big Brother. I'll go and start getting dinner ready! I'll even start up the jacuzzi in a few hours so that it can be nice and warm when you get home tonight!"

Touga nodded and patted her head. Good puppy… "Ahem." He watched her scamper off and made his way to the Student Council elevator.

* * *

Touga walked through the halls with a slight bounce in his step. He couldn't help it; he was quite pleased at the situation. Not only was the girl Utena intriguing, but she was not easily won over. This was a quality he actually admired in her. He was used to all the women, and men, ogling over him whenever he happened to glance their way.

~Everywhere I go, I make a scene.~

This girl, though, she was refreshing.

It had been only a few hours since she had first arrived and he still didn't know a thing about her. He had her name, age, and favorite color (as could be guessed by her clothes) but he knew nothing else…when he would by now have had a whole accounting of her life before Ohtori. She was an enigma… and he liked it.

He grinned and noticed a few students stop to stare as he walked by. He nodded his head toward them and one of the girls actually fainted.

~The ladies love to stroke me… yeah.~

He shook his head. Typical. Continuing down the hall, he ran across Juri and Miki. The blue haired boy had his ever-present stopwatch in his hand and clicked it when Touga walked up to them.

Juri turned and sarcastically smiled a greeting. "Good morning Touga."

Miki grinned. "Good morning senpai."

"Good morning to you both."

Juri lifted both eyebrows and Touga could see that she was surprised about something. "Touga… you're… smiling strangely."

Click.

"Whatever do you mean, Juri?"

"Well, I don't know. You're usually smiling but… you look…" She moved in closer as if to tell him a secret. He complied and leaned in near her. "Happy."

Click.

Touga straightened and saw that Miki was now looking at him curiously as well.

"Is a man not supposed to be happy? Can't I be happy once in a while?"

~Pimped out and lazy, in my limousine…~

Juri and Miki stared at him a moment.

Click.

He nodded farewell and continued down the hall, noting that a very interesting girl had just entered his line of sight. His enigma to be exact.

~Oh, c'mover here sweetie.~

"Ah, enigma," he breathed, sauntering up to her.

She turned at the sound of his voice and looked at him a moment, big blue eyes blinking in confusion. "What?"

His smile was like liquid, smooth and flawless. "Nothing, my dear Utena, nothing at all." He bowed low and grasped her hands enticingly in his own.

A faint blush entered her cheeks and she tried to tug her hands away.

He straightened and put her hands near his heart. "Please, allow me to hold your beautifully made hands for but a moment. Just a moment."

~Everything I say, like Socrates,~

Utena gave him a look that said, "remove your hands or die" and he sighed and released them.

"I must apologize, I have overstepped my boundaries." He bowed again and stepped aside so that she could continue to her next class, which she did with a sigh and a "See ya later… I guess."

"Really, Touga, `Please, allow me to hold your beautifully made hands for but a moment. Just a moment?'" Came Saionji's sarcastically sexy voice from behind him.

~Most people love to quote me.~

"Couldn't you have come up with something better? Something a bit more… gentile? You are the master of wooing, are you not?"

Touga turned and ran his fingers through his hair languidly, producing a cough from the green haired man. Love that…"Saionji, I know how to be tactful when necessary, and poetically correct when it suits me. That is all I really need to know to get around in life." He turned on his heel and lifted his foot to start walking but thought better of it and lowered it. He turned back to Saionji. "For as you and I both know… beauty, for all it's worth, is not everything."

~My real name is… Mephistopheles~

He left Saionji with the second shocked expression that he had seen from him since they were children. Interesting… interesting.

* * *

Class started off boring, as usual, so Touga doodled on his paper, without giving much thought to what he was doing. When he finally looked down at his paper, he found that he had oddly enough drawn a semi good looking rose. He furrowed his eyebrows a moment and then realized what he was doing to his face and stopped. Why in the world did I draw that? He lifted an eyebrow at the picture. I never knew I had a talent for art as well. I might just take up that venue… someday.

Eyes boring in to the back of his head made him turn around and he noticed a few girls talking in whispers. When they saw him looking, they stopped and flushed pink, all of them doubtlessly thinking that he had looked at them. Just to tease, as was his usual nature, he smiled.

~But you can call me Baby.~

Before he turned back in his seat he pleasingly noted that at least two of them had had orgasms. He sighed and smiled ruefully. It took a lot out of a person to be so perfect. He laughed to himself.

~See, all my suits are Calvin Klein,

My lucky number's 69.

I got all the things I need…

It's the nature of my breed.~

The door to the classroom opened and he looked toward it, expecting to see some nameless face. He was a bit surprised to discover that it was Utena. She looked out of breath and flushed and he found himself almost… wanting to touch her heated skin.

~I'm independent,

Smooth and confident,

Always in command.~

"I'm s->huff<sorry I'm late." She said, bowing to the teacher. "I didn't know where this room was… this campus is so big!"

The teacher smiled and waved his hand in a nonchalant manner. "Don't worry about it. What's your name." He fixed his glasses and looked at his class roster and then at her.

"Utena. Utena Tenjou, sir."

"Ah, yes, Tenjou." He lifted his eyes from the chart and pointed to the rows of chairs. "Take a seat anywhere Ms. Tenjou."

She bowed again and went to grab a seat. She apparently hadn't noticed Touga because when he stood and offered her his seat, she looked shocked.

~A graceful element,~

"T-Touga…" she stammered.

He smiled. "You say my name so sweetly, Utena. I really do appreciate that."

~A tasteful compliment.~

She blushed, as she had been doing since he first met her, and sat down in his seat. He moved two rows down to an empty desk in between two unbelieving girls.

Touga glanced at them and dismissed them from his gaze at once. His beautiful prey sat only a few desks away and he could almost smell her rose scent from where he was. He would have her… he was sure of it.

~Do you know who I am?~

* * *

Lunchtime came around and Touga offered to take Utena to eat at the restaurant the Academy had. She looked as if she would say no but he mentioned that he would pay and that he wanted her to meet some people and she finally agreed.

~Look up, look down, watch out, the tiger's on the town tonight.~

They walked down to the restaurant together, amidst whispers and glares, and sat down at a fairly large table that was set for six people.

Utena looked at the luxurious surroundings and whistled. "Woah, this place is really fancy." She looked back at him with a worried frown that he found utterly adorable. "I hope this isn't too much money for you to spend. I feel kinda bad, I mean, I did just meet you this morning."

Touga waved the comment away and motioned to two people who were making their way toward their table. "There's two of them now. The orange haired girl is Juri and the blue haired one is Miki."

"Is that a stopwatch he's holding?"

"Yes."

"Ah, I see."

Juri and Miki finally arrived at their destination and sat down.

Click.

"Ah, Touga, what's this?" Juri asked, raising a brow and gesturing to Utena. "You have a new conquest?"

Utena's eyes widened and she looked at Touga. "Your what?"

~I'm a deadly handsome man.~

Touga shook his head slightly. "As pointless as ever, my dear Juri. No, actually this is my newest… friend… Utena Tenjou. She just arrived at our humble school this morning."

Miki smiled. "Oh! It's nice to meet you Utena-san. I'm Miki." He extended a hand to her and when she grasped it, Touga noticed for the first time that she wore a ring.

Juri nodded slightly and extended her hand also. "I'm Juri. And I quite apologize for the comment."

Utena shook her head and smiled. "That's okay. No big deal."

Click.

"Where are Saionji and Anthy?" Touga asked, looking around. He wasn't really interested, but used the excuse to stare at Utena's ring. There was a symbol on it that he couldn't get a good look at and he wanted to know what it was.

"I'm not sure actually," said Miki. He looked around the now semi-crowed restaurant.

"That's strange, they're never late," Juri said.

Touga stood and offered his hand to Utena.

Click.

~Look up, look down, watch out, the tiger's on the town tonight.~

"Utena, would you accompany me to find them?"

Click.

~I'm the lion in the lamb.

Look up, look down, watch out, the tiger's on the town tonight.

I'm a deadly handsome man.~

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Juri and Miki look up sharply at him. He ignored them and helped Utena out of her seat. "We shall be back in a bit. Hopefully with Saionji and Anthy in tow."

Look up, look down, watch out, the tiger's on the town tonight.

I'm the lion in the lamb.~

* * *

They walked around the first floor and did not spot anyone that even resembled Saionji or Anthy. He had explained to Utena what they looked like so that she could look for them also.

"I have an idea," Utena said.

He turned to her and nodded for her to continue.

"Let's split up. I know what they look like now so it'll be faster if we go separate ways. I'll meet you back at the restaurant in a while."

Before he could stop her, she had run off.

He shook his head. Damn, I wanted to take a closer look at that ring. He sighed and continued to half-heartedly look for the two missing council members.

Upon entering the area of the Rose Garden, he glanced a moment at the green house. "Ah." Saionji was standing with Anthy and he appeared to be shouting at her. He raised his hand and hit her across the face. Touga moved quickly toward the garden and opened the door quietly.

"I can't believe you did that! You are MY bride, Anthy! When will you get that through your head?!" Saionji shouted at her. "You are not to look at anyone else but me! Do you understand?!"

He raised his hand higher and was just about to smack her when Touga reached over and stopped his arm. "Saionji, what do you think you are doing? Is this any way for the Student Council vice-president to act? She is the Rose Bride, she is not a punching bag."

Saionji wrenched his arm away from Touga's grasp and growled, "She was looking at some pink haired bitch that came into our class today! I have every right to be upset! She is my bride. Her eyes should not stray from me!"

"Touga?" Utena's voice came through the opened door. He turned and saw her standing at the doorway.

"YOU!" Saionji yelled.

Utena blinked a few times, blue eyes wide with confusion. "What about me?"

Before anyone could move, Saionji rushed toward Utena, raising his fist to strike her. She put up her hands to shield her face and Saionji almost fell over from the screeching halt that he made. "The… the ring…" he mumbled.

Touga moved closer to them and stood in front of Utena, blocking her from Saionji's wrath, in case it came back.

"She has the ring." He straightened and smoothed back his lustrous green hair. "So, you're the next challenger eh?" He looked at Touga. "Is this the person you were talking about? The person that was supposed to duel me next?"

Touga turned and asked Utena to show him her ring. It was silver and had a rose emblazoned on the top. "The ring…" So this is what End of the World must have meant. He looked at Utena who was staring at him. This girl is the next duelist… how interesting.

Saionji turned briskly and grabbed Anthy's arm. He turned blazing purple eyes on Utena. "You. You I will see tomorrow at the dueling arena. This is far from over!" He brushed by Utena and Touga and left the garden.

The redhead saw that Anthy's eyes skimmed over Utena before they had disappeared. Interesting indeed.

"Dueling arena?" Utena asked him.

He sighed. "Come, let us go back to the restaurant. I'll explain on the way."

***The End…for now…***