Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Since You Deserve An Explanation ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Wow, that's been a long, long time since I've updated this and I am SO sorry. Now I'm going to post more then one chapter to get caught up. The Spin-Off will also be written on as well.
I apologize for my lack of updates. So, so sorry all!
Anyway, on with the fanfic!
I I I
The Other Side Of The Picture
Chapter 7: Since You Deserve An Explanation
I I I
With my heart like this
I'm just fighting to dream
I won't let anyone get in my way
We can decide things like fate for ourselves
Wild Wind- Ogata Megumi and Hiyama Nobuyuki- Yuu Yuu Hakushou
I I I
Saionji looked at Juri with widened eyes.
The surprised teen put a hand to her chest and felt her own fleshy tissue.
“The locket!” She looked down to see the locket unclasped and Saionji's joyful, smiling face within. She also saw the shattered petals of the orange rose she wore and her own sword, whose blade pinned the locket down. The orange haired woman spied a pair of black, unblemished shoes, illuminated by the vivid sunlight. She gradually raised her head up to see amethyst eyes staring at her.
“I demand an explanation.”
“I thought you already knew who was in the locket.” Juri replied.
“Hmpf! You honestly believed that letter?” He asked.
“What?” Juri looked bewildered.
“I just told you that I knew so you'd duel me and I could finally see what you were hiding from me. “Saionji stated. “ I already knew that you saw me glance at the locket in our spar, I could never see clearly who it was, but I knew it wasn't who I had expected You seemed to have a guilt conscience about me having “seen” the one in the locket. I used that to get you to come out here and duel, giving me ample chance of seeing who you really held close to your heart.”
“Bastard…” Juri looked down.
“I'm still waiting for a logical answer from you.”
“I don't have to tell you anything.” She turned her back to him, feeling mortified.
The green haired kendo-ka looked at the locket and the jovial face within.
“Well…”
“You tricked me.”
“I can see your obviously hiding something from me.”
“And it'll stay that way until…” She cut herself off.
A green eyebrow was arched to such an action.
“Look,” She turned to him. “To tell you the truth, I'm just as confused as you are. Is that what you wanted to hear?” Juri's confusion bled through the last question.
“Don't blame your loss on me.” He stated simply.
The curly haired woman narrowed her eyes. “I'll do what I please.”
“It seems that you really did find the scene befitting.” He smiled an arrogant smile.
“Befittingly repulsive.” Her smile imaged his previous one, though his was now twisted into a frown.
“Tell me why my picture is in the locket.” Saionji demanded.
“I don't know why.” Juri spat callously.
“I thought you couldn't stand me.”
“I can't.”
“Then why is my picture in that locket that you always wear?” He pointed to the golden locket.
“Don't interrogate me, Kyouichi.” Juri warned.
“Don't interrogate you on why my picture is in your locket? Spare me. I think you'd wonder too.”
“Maybe if you didn't demand so much and have some courtesy, I'd tell you, but gee, that could be hard for someone like you to comprehend.” The curly haired divinity spat.
Amethyst eyes narrowed.
“I'm not the one who has your picture around my neck.” It was the blue eyes turn to narrow.
“I thought you didn't care about my locket. You said it was a waste of time…Or was it a waste of time until you figured out it was you who was in it?” She poked him in the chest with her finger.
The green haired man bent down and picked up the locket, then put it into her hand. “I have important things to attend to.” He began to walk off.
Juri watched him walk the expanse of the dueling field. She didn't try to stop him. She knew he wouldn't talk to anyone about it. He didn't seem the type to scandal amongst the masses.
The girl knew of Saionji's aloof and isolated nature, never letting anyone get close, for trepidation of duplicity and ache, just as she feels when Shiori manipulates her emotions, knowing where to hit her every time.
The vice President took a few more steps and stopped. Then he turned around giving her one final look.
“I will be back and I will know the truth from you, Arisugawa. Surely I think you'd be brave enough to admit your feelings.” He stated simply.
`If only you knew…Things aren't that easy, Saionji.' The woman thought, feeling embarrassed and humiliated all the same. That Saionji saw who was in the locket…Then again, if Shiori saw, she might try to pull the same thing that she did with Ruka…But Saionji was nothing like Ruka…He was more like her, and yet she both disdained and loved him at the same time. There was no getting around it, and now…He knew as well.
II.
On a non-descript wall of Ohtori Academy, two shadow girls were present, one holding a rose, which was alive and youthful, the other holding a lifeless and withered rose.
“Did you hear? Did you hear?” B-ko asked. “The rose which grew in the darkness finally got a bit of it's most desired light.”
“Then why does it seem like its dying?” A-ko inquired.
“Maybe it just has to get used to having a little light in it's life, I'm sure that it can blossom into something that is a much brighter state of it's former self!”
A-ko replied, “The rose seems more and more beautiful everyday! It was grown in a full garden perhaps the lone dark rose wished to have the company of other roses to show it the light and face the weather together.”
“Good light and proper direction will make this rose blossom into something great.”
They both danced around with the roses and began to chant in unison.
“Did you know” Did you know? Oh, did you know?”
II.
As the curly haired woman left the dueling field, she opened her locket and saw the small picture, contained within its confines.
`I will be back and I will know the truth from you, Arisugawa. Surely I think that you'd be brave enough to admit your own feelings.' Azure eyes narrowed upon remembering that statement. `That jerk. Who does he think he is? Calling me a coward?'
Her pace picked up to the lake, when she was there, she stood out over luminous waters, and then took the locket into her hand.
`I have to get rid of this, to rid myself of you. You think I'm strong…Well I'm not as strong as I seem. I'll never find love, why should I be in high hopes. There are no such things as miracles!'
“Stop deceiving me so I'll fall into your trap!” Juri yelled. “Get away from me! I hate you!”
With that final yell, she chunked the locket far out into the lake.
TBC
III
Preview for chapter 8:
Things are changing and hearts are finding their way. Can a little time to think things through bring emotions into the light?
III
A/N: That was an intense chapter to write and I wrote a bunch of stuff today! I think I'll get to writing more for making all of you wait that long! Red Rose Touga's been helping me on it, throwing out her ideas and all. She's such a great friend.
Thanks to my beta, Oneesan no Miroku Houshi!
Please review!