Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Side Of The Picture ❯ Torn Apart ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay, as always, here is another chapter. Sorry for another wait. I’ve put the spin-off on hiatus until I’m done, so there won’t be any updates on it until I feel like it. I’m burnt out at the moment, so I’m using this story as a stress reliever.

I’m glad that I have all of these reviews! Thanks guys!

Anyway, here is chapter 9!

Read, enjoy and review!

I I I

The Other Side of the Picture

Chapter 9: Torn Apart

I I I

I hear the voice of my destiny call

And I knew I must find my way

The hardest part will be leaving you

And I’ll miss you much more, then words can say

Only A Memory Away- Sailor Moon

I I I

“What? Saionji’s been expelled!” The voices of many echoed throughout Ohtori.

Through the words of gossipers, news travels fast, and the news spread through the school in a matter of days. The information finally reached the ears of Arisugawa Juri.

“So…Kyouichi has been suspended…” Juri’s voice carried. ‘Must’ve been that duel with Tenjou.’ “I’ve noticed that Kiryuu has been absent as well.”

“Word has it that he was hurt in the midst of battle.” Miki replied.

They both sat at the white tables of the Seitokai meeting place.

“I’ve heard that Touga’s sister has been appointed to take his place.” Miki added.

“What about Kyouichi?” Juri asked, looking up from her game of solitaire.

“Kyouichi?” Miki made a strange face, wondering why his comrade was only asking about Saionji. Usually, it would be none of her business and she could care less.

“He’ll be back.” The blue haired boy replied. “I suppose we could get along without him. He’s hardly ever at any of our meetings. “

He took a sip of tea and sat the white cup down with gentility on the white tabletops. Juri looked up over her hand, only her blue eyes could be seen. “So, is he still here?”

“I believe has getting packed.” Miki looked up from his stop watch. “I think I saw him walking to his dorm room.”

“I see.”

After Miki had left and their meeting was over, the curly haired woman walked off, down the path that lead into the kendo-ka’s room.

‘I don’t know why the hell I’m doing this, but I guess sometimes you really don’t need a reason.’

In his dorm room, Saionji was busily packing. He had his hair pulled back in a ponytail, and wore blue jeans and a yellow sweater. He had left the door open, the orange haired duelist standing there, watching him silently.

He hadn’t noticed her stealthy moves. Her shoulder was supporting her torso, arms crossed at her breast. Her legs crossed slightly at the ankle.

This continued for a while until the curly haired one decides to speak up.

“You all packed?” Juri asked quaintly, making Saionji jump and nearly fall over from his squatting position. His head snapped in her direction.

“I suppose you weren’t really here to say good-bye to me, just to rub it in my face, right?” He glared bitterly.

“So, you got expelled, I heard. Did you loose the Rose Bride?”

“Yes.” Saionji involuntarily winced at the mention of his loss. Ever since Tenjou had attended Ohtori, she had managed to take Himemiya from him not just once, but twice.

While Juri remained calm and collective, Saionji wore his emotions on the sleeves of his sweater.

As soon as the rumors spread of his expulsion, it seemed as if he were a fallen angel, no one wanted to look at him, except in pity or shame. His gaze narrowed at Juri. ‘Has she come to pity me?’

“Hmpf.” Was the only reply.

“So, when are you due back?” Juri asked.

“Why the hell do you care? What if I’m not coming back?” The green haired man asked simply.

Azure eyes widened a bit. ‘Not coming back…’

“Don’t fool me.” She regained her composure quickly. “You shouldn’t make decisions based on your current emotions. That’s how you lost your duel to Tenjou.”

“I don’t need your critique.” He said monotonely.

“What if I did come to say good-bye?” She asked. “You have no one now, so are you going to push me away?”

Saionji’s movement seemed to stop, as if someone had taken his picture, a snapshot frozen in time.

She was there for him, the only one who would even come to say good-bye.

“Well, since I’m so appreciated I think I’ll leave.” The curly haired woman turned to leave, walking a few steps before her hand was caught by a familiar grip.

“Huh?” She questioned as she saw Saionji grabbing her hand tightly.

“Don’t leave.” He said sharply.

“Like you can tell me what to do.” She narrowed her eyes.

Saionji looked a bit defeated. “Alright, I want you around. Happy?”

“Maybe…” She turned half way, for a moment, Saionji thought she would stay. Then she turned around the other way. “Not.”

The female duelist walked away from Saionji’s grasp.

“Fine. I didn’t want you anyway.” An inward pain struck Saionji. “I didn’t need anyone from the beginning. Not like anyone was there from the start.” He retorted coldly, and went back into his dorm.

The leopard stopped and looked over her shoulder, seeing the retreating form. She stalked back over towards his door way and peered in to see the sad figure inside.

The green haired man was slowly packing, a solemn look on his face. She waited until he was into his packing again and slipped in, helping him pack silently. The two hands rummaged around, finding objects and tossing them into the bag.

Then…

The two hands overlapped.

Saionji held an irritated look at the touch of flesh. Amethyst eyes narrowed and locked onto azure.

What are you doing here?”

“Well, I figure I’d help you pack.”

“I thought you left.”

A small, silky laugh was all that was heard. Eyes stayed narrowed.

“So.” Juri held up two T-shirts, a brown one and a black one. “Which do you like more? I like the brown; it shows how full of shit you are.”

“If you came to insult me, then go away.”

“Well, I suppose I could leave you alone for one day.” She paused. “But what fun would that be?”

Saionji just looked down in silence as a black shirt was thrown over his head. It was quickly removed with a tug of the fabric.

“Aren’t you going to throw the brown one?”

“No.”

“Why not? You said I was full of shit.”

“I don’t feel like mopping up your tears today.” Came the simple reply.

“Then what do you feel like doing?” He asked.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” She smiled. “Oh, and as for the locket. I didn’t want it back.”

“You’re not welcome.” Saionji laughed a bit.

Juri resisted to say ‘screw you’ knowing the results would be something sexual or a ‘whatever’.

‘Irritating woman.’

‘Bastard.’

A sigh was heard.

It was Saionji.

Suddenly, he felt slender arms around his neck, causing him to go ridged at the very contact.

“Being expelled isn’t so bad.” Her voice purred in his ear, slightly tickling it. “At least you’ll be able to get away from the memories for a little while.”

TBC

Preview for Chapter 10:

Twenty four hours in a day – they say you have all the time in the world, but sometimes, you don’t.

A/N: Wow, this chapter was actually fun to write! I love their interaction. They’ll probably just be talking in the next chapter. Some more things are yet to be learned.

I just remembered that I forgot A-ko and B-ko here. I don’t think they’ll be in the next chapter either…Or maybe I will, because another change is coming up.

I know there’s a lot of talking and things are moving slowly, but I’m focusing on the characters and not so much on the situation. Please R&R!