Utena, Revolutionary Girl Fan Fiction ❯ Vulnerability ❯ Waking Up ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: By popular request, I’m back. Here is chapter 10. Now that I have time over the summer, there will be a lot more chapters from me. I’m also going to bring back TOSOTP Spin-Off and a sequel to Vulnerability that probably won’t be very long. It will be SaionjiXJuri and KozueXShiori.

Anyway, please R&R!

I I I

Vulnerability

Chapter 10: Waking Up

By: Hinoto Nobukaze

I I I

The green haired man and the orange rose began to converse over the matters of the book. But now, it seemed so different, now they were at least comfortable with each other. There was no disdain and no misunderstandings. They were in complete understanding of each other.

Each one of them told the other of their true feelings, not holding anything back from the other. Saionji had told Juri of his habits, and how he truly felt about Anthy’s betrayal. He told her of his abusive childhood and how he felt about things in general.

Juri was letting out things slowly, but she found it a lot easier to coincide with the kendoist and was surprised that he was so similar to her.

She felt an odd comfort zone around him, and not surprisingly he felt the same around her.

“So, that’s what it was like for you so long ago.” Juri spoke.

“Yes, things haven’t gotten much better past then.” Saionji replied.

“You still have the old habits of the past.” The woman spoke. “Guess you aren’t the only one who can’t let go of how things used to be.”

“What do you mean by that?”

Juri began to tell Saionji a bit more about herself and her past. She didn’t know why she was telling him, and mentally berated herself for doing so, but felt that the kendoist would understand.

During her whole duration with the kendoist, he had done nothing but surprise her. She had uncovered the most intricate things about Saionji and her opinion of him had definitely changed.

She felt that she could be friends with this man. Juri never thought that she’d be saying that about the kendoist.

Oh, how she used to disdain him! But now…

Now she finds it easy to coincide with him.

She understands him, just as he understands her.

They are slowly working to be fiends.

And at this rate, things can only get better.

The two spent much time speaking of the days of old, both contributing an equal amount into the conversation. They both offered advice and comfort to their counterpart. Their counterpart could hardly believe they were talking to the same person, much less as a friend or close acquaintance.

‘This is all so strange.’ Juri thought to herself as she was speaking to Saionji. ‘He seems a lot happier now, even though we’re speaking of such painful memories. He’s not a total iceberg after all.

In fact…

He’s so much more then that when I look at him now. He’s a pained individual who has no choice but to keep those emotions in. His pain is so great that when he does, in fact, let his pain out, it causes him to go into a state of temporary insanity.

He is cold, but so am I…

In the end, we’re not that different…’

Soon after the talk of past issues were all said and done, the two began to talk of things in general. They spoke of humorous things that happened to the both of them.

“I’ll be damned if I almost walked out of my dorm with one shoe on.” Saionji finished a humorous story of how he had bee in a hurry that day. “So, I cursed to myself and walked back into the room.” He began, to finish the rest of the story.

Throughout the story Juri was giving him a hard time, letting the sarcasm flow, as Saionji just laughed. It wasn’t funny to him back then, but now it seemed quite humorous.

He didn’t know why he was randomly telling Juri something that made him look stupid, but the thought of her using it against him was the last thing on his mind at the moment.

After moments of him telling her humorous stories about himself, she decided to tell a few, but not too many as to make her look undignified. She didn’t want to make herself look too foolish.

It was better to keep him at a distance for now.

There were a few sarcastic comments from Saionji, but it was mostly laughter. He was actually having a good time for once in his life. Happiness wasn’t something either one of them was used to at all.

They could both feel an odd, tingling and warm sensation within them. Was it happiness?

‘Never too close, are you Juri?’ Saionji thought to himself. ‘Perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad as to want to decipher you as well. You are definitely proving interesting to me.

You seem a different person when around me. Is this the other side that no one sees?’

The two sat there in silence for a while.

“So, what about that flaking paint?” Juri finally asked sardonically.

“Guess we ran out of things to speak of.” The green haired man blinked.

“Well, that was odd.”

“What do you mean?”

“We were…laughing. I haven’t done that in a while.” The leopard told him.

“I really haven’t either. It felt foreign and strange.” He looked perplexed for a moment.

“Something we’ll have to get used to, I suppose.”

“Indeed.” Saionji replied. “We don’t have many days left, and finally we get along. Kind of sad, isn’t it? Not like it matters much. After those days pass we will have the same relationship we always have.”

“That’s what you think.” Juri replied.

“What?”

“Let’s just say I have a different opinion of you now.” She said. “You’re not the way I had first envisioned you.”

“Well, I suppose the same could apply for me.”

“What does that make us?”

“Friends, I suppose.”

Juri just looked at Saionji, then closed her eyes and smiled. “I suppose so.”

TBC

Preview for chapter 11:

Miracles don’t blossom in the Garden of Eden.

A/N: Yay! Another chapter! Sorry about this, I haven’t been working on this due to the fact that I’m trying to finish The Other Side Of The Picture

Please be patient. Feel free to R&R and tell me what you think!