Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Untold Knight ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Catherine swam lazily in a long over shirt Ryu had loaned her when she’d decided to do more than simply wash up. Ryu touched his toes to the cool water, and tried to command it. Nothing happened, and a fish bit his toe for his effort. Angry with the small creature he kicked it away and watched happily as it flew over to the opposite bank with a satisfying plop. "Damn fish. . ."


"What?" Catherine asked swimming up next to him where he sat on the river bank. Resting her head on her crossed arms she looked longingly out into the woods.


"Fish. . ." Ryu said as Catherine pulled herself out of the water revealing a red tail where her legs should have been. "What happened to your l-legs!"


Catherine held up her tail with a laugh as she inspected the scales with glee. "Anathros gave me a tail for encase I passed out so I could breath beneath water." She slapped her tail against the water playfully splashing Ryu, and in turn he pinned her beneath him.. "Help, I'm a defenseless half-breed temporarily cursed with a tail!" She yelled mockingly.


"You'll think defenseless in the future and I won't save you." Ryu said almost laughing at her. A bright idea suddenly ran through her head and leaned up from her pinned position to kiss him. "Umm. . . What just happened?" He looked down at Catherine curiously as he carefully moved away facing the river to hide his burning cheeks.


"My tail went away." Catherine answered dipping her legs in the water.


"And that causes you to kiss random people?" Ryu said with a smirk.


"No! I was just seeing if I could get a reaction out of you!" Catherine snatched her clothes and left for the bushes to dress. Ryu laughed as she stormed off to dress. As she pulled on her panties she realized she didn’t mind him laughed at her because she simply liked to her him laugh.


"Come on. We better get back before Anathros gets D drunk and rapes him. . ." Ryu stood up, and walked over to Catherine who had just gotten her bra on.


"She'd do that?" Catherine asked pulling up her pants to hide her panties that she was wearing.


"Yep!" Ryu looked at Catherine in her tight pants and black lacy bra that had bats on it with fiery red eyes. "She likes D. I think she may even love him."


"From the looks D's been ever so discreetly giving her I think he might at least like her back.” Catherine turned while snapping up the front of her shirt, and noticed Ryu looking at her with a smile. "What?" Ryu stepped closer really close to her taking in the scent of jasmine oils.


Another step and he backed her up against a tree, and he smile kindly down at her with more care than she knew she deserved from him.


"I think you just might love me." Ryu said leaning down to her face. He pressed his lips against hers tasting their sweetness begging for entrance. Surrendering to him, she allowed him to deepen the kiss. Suddenly grateful for his closeness to keep her upright she reveled in the feeling of him kissing her. Never had a man before kissed her.


He broke the kiss when they were both breathless, and looked down at her lovingly. "I think you just might be right." She looked away as her eyes began to water for no reason obvious to herself.


Ryu noticed her sudden confusion, and gently wrapped him arm around her waist to lead her back to camp. He didn’t want to take things to far while they were both still half drunk. Noting the fact that she seemed not to have any experience at all he decided to take it slow, and let her set the pace.


____(Meanwhile)___


Anathros was sitting by D drunk as one could get, and singing poorly. "Let's play a game, my friend!" Anathros looked D squarely in the eye. "How about strip poker?"


"No!" Yelled D much to his own surprise that he’d yelled.


"Party pooper." Anathros crossed her arms over her chest pouting. Watching D from the corner of her eye she noticed something odd about what he was doing.. 'He's looking at me! Well, not at me but a my chest. All well at least he is looking at me! Cool!' Anathros thought with inner excitement. Clearing her throat so she sounded halfway sober she became the questioning. "Dirty Dancing? Spin the bottle? Hanky Panky?” D noticeably scooter away from her at the last one and she sighed as one more popped into her head.”Okay, how about truth or dare?"


"Alright, but only two rounds," D answered annoyed with her constant questions, and hoping her partner would return soon.

.
"Good, I'll start. Truth or Dare?" Anathros said.


"Truth..."


"Why were you looking at my boobs?"


D cocked an eyebrow, "If you must know I was looking at your armor."


"My boobs armor?"


"No..."


"God damn it D! Do I have to do everything for you?" The creature in his hand chimed in making Anathros jump in surprise. "He likes your boobs! In fact, he loves them! Not too big, not too small. They’re just perfect!"


"I do not, parasite!" D yelled back at creature angrily.


"Oh... big word for small man... depending on weather you're counting shoe size or not..." It replied turning D a light shade of red. Squishing his into the ground. When they heard no more the creature they continued.


"I'm charmed. Your turn."


"Truth or Dare?" D asked.


"Truth!"


"Are you always annoying?"


"Always! I love to be that way. I'm 1,969 years old. Being annoying never grows old though. Truth or dare?"


"Dare. . ." D said tiredly.


"I dare you to. . ." Anathros laughed, "...kiss me!"


"What?"


"You'll enjoy it D!" Shouted the creature from where he was being squished. D leaned over to Anathros and lightly brushed his lips against hers in a chaste kiss.


"Truth or dare..." asked D.


"Dare!"


"Kiss me. . ." D said looking at her seriously
.

"I thought you'd never ask..." Anathros leaned over and kissed D. After a moment he gently pulled her closer, and she went more than willingly into his gentle embrace.


"Yahoo!" Yelled Catherine and Ryu watching the scene from just behind the bushed. D pulled away quickly, and Anathros was left to steam angrily.


"How long were you there?" Asked Anathros through clenched teeth.


"From when you asked him about your breasts." Ryu clarified with a smile.


"Looks like you two are getting along as well." Anathros pointed to Ryu's arm around Catherine's waist.


"Yeah, I guess so." Catherine blushed at the comment, and caught D smirking a little.


"Catherine, have you worn your diamond yet?" Anathros asked.


"No, why?"


"Ryu come with me for a second." Anathros stood up and Ryu followed her slowly into the bushed. Anathros jumped onto the top of the trees with Ryu right behind her. "Look at the moon."

"What about it?"


"It's light isn’t as strong as before. If you remember we draw our powers from the holder of the fire elemental."


"That could be the reason I lost my powers?"


"Because you had no power source, and I’m running out of my own energy stores."


"I guess until she uses it... we're normal." Ryu looked at the ground beneath him, and spotted Catherine wandering around aimlessly trying to find them."Let's go." Ryu jumped down beside Catherine and Anathros crouched down in front of her.


"Hey, I was..." Catherine noticed their suddenly expressionless faces. "What's wrong?"


"Where is your diamond?" asked Anathros. Catherine dug in an inner pocket of her cloak, bringing it out.


Grabbing it Anathros painfully slammed it into Catherine’s chest breaking the skin with it’s sharp edges. Letting out a horrifying scream she grasped helpless at the diamond that was absorbing itself into her body.


Anathros stepped back as she saw D coming and was blown back by a suddenly energy pulse. Grabbing D’s arm Ryu yanked the hunter to the ground harshly. They watch the sight from their seemly safe position on the ground, and Anathros quickly set up a barrier to protect them from stray energy blasts.


Strange ropes of fire wrapped around Catherine grasping at her flesh hungrily. Her screams became louder, and Ryu found himself clawing at the ground to keep from jumping up and running to her. Catherine's head fell backward limply as she was lifted off the ground by an unseen force. The flames in her eyes doubled in size as her hair and clothes absorbed the fire.


The thunder of hoof beats sound behind them leaving the watching trio helpless to move out of the beast’s way as it leapt over them. Its body was dyed similar to Catherine’s with a black coat, fiery mane, and with eyes shared the same fire as Catherine's. As the mare stopped and reared up the powerful winds died down, and Catherine was slowly lowered to rest on the ground.


"Is she alive?" asked D cautiously rising to his feet as Ryu jumped up running to Catherine's side.


"She's alive!" Ryu called as he pulled out his diamond and held it to his chest. It accepted him, and dissolved into his body neatly unlike Catherine because of his previous bond to it. He gently caressed the diamond that was now in the center if her chest.


"I'm not so sure about that alive part." Catherine said weakly causing Ryu to laugh while she looked about for Anathros. Her prime target appeared behind Ryu as if rising out of the shadows themselves.


"Bitch. . .” Catherine growled out as she sat up with Ryu’s help.


Anathros bowed and replied, "Thank you. I try. You may feel a little bit weak. Your powers are now feeding many others. Without your being bonded to your power the rest of us can't, and are slowly drained of our energy until we’re abandoned by the elements."


__(M$M)__


Catherine slept through that night and most of the day, and when she finally woke Anathros was sitting beside her patiently cooking fish over the fire.


"You still haven't told us how you can stay in the sun." Catherine said sitting up.


"No shit! Even when I'm drunk I can figure out what to say and what not to say." Anathros smiled at Catherine. "How old are you?"


"That’s a secret, but I did have a birthday not all that long ago. That was when I met the greatest vampire alive." Catherine looked down at the ground a bit upset, "But I don't understand why he was at my birthday party."


"If you're talking about Dracula and his son I kind of let them on about you. They were looking for information on our kind and I told them a bit. I'd imagine they're now looking for you." Anathros took a deep breath.


"Anathros, even if you're an old bat I consider you my best friend."


"Hey! D's over 10 thousand years old!" Anathros yelled.


D looked back at the camp from the lake where he and Ryu sat trying to round up more fish for breakfast. “They're talking about you again." Ryu mum bled standing up with a canteen of water. He seemed to be far away, as if he was seeing something else, somewhere else. “Me too."


"We better get back. Someone's coming." D said.


"Yep, that would be the royal pain in the ass catching up with Anathros and I." Ryu took off at a run for the camp.


"Royal?" D asked himself running after Ryu.