Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers) Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / Street Fighter II Victory Fan Fiction ❯ Hunter's Moon ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Hyperman does not own Digimon, Dark Stalkers, Street Fighter, Gold Digger, La Blue Girl, or any of the other animes and videogames that appear in this story. They belong to the different companies and the people who created them, so don't sue Hyperman. Hyperman only owns the characters he created and they should not be used without his permission. The other characters that appear in this story belong to their respective authors and should not be used without permission. With all that out of the way, enjoy the story!
 
Hyperman: New story!
 
Lady Devimon: Am I in it?
 
Hyperman: (Shrugs) Don't know.
 
Lady Devimon: (Pouts) You're mean.
 
Hyperman: Ain't I thought, let's get this party started!
 
Terms: < > English
/ / Telepathy
 
Hunter's Moon
By Hyperman
Chapter 1: The Hunt Begins
 
Tatsumi sighed as he looked up at the moon. For some strange reason, he could never get any sleep whenever the moon was out. The sleeplessness occurred during the moon's cycle and it would reach its peak during the full moon. He felt like the moon called out to him, it always left him feeling anxious so he would go outside and stare at it. One of the things Tatsumi enjoyed about staring at the moon was that it gave him time to relax and think. That was why he was laying against a tree in Odaiba Park right now.
 
Tatsumi sighed and closed his eyes again; he wanted to enjoy the peace before he started school tomorrow. Tatsumi moved to Odaiba with his older brother and their friend, Jimmy two days ago on Friday. But since they were all real close, he also considered Jimmy to be an older brother. In record time, the three of them had settled in at home and began work on the dojo. It took them all Saturday and Sunday to get the place ready. Hopefully, they would get some customers eager to learn their fighting style. Tatsumi wanted to help bring his brother's fighting style to the world and after the last Street Fighter tournament their fame should have spread some.
 
Time would tell, but Tatsumi had a feeling things would work out. If things went bad however, they could always win more tournaments and get part time jobs. That little thought caused Tatsumi to chuckle a bit. He was brought out his thoughts by a sound, so he quickly stood and got into a defensive stance. The hair on the back of his neck stood on end, someone was watching him. Breathing calmly, Tatsumi closed his eyes and kept quiet, listening for the slightest noise. All he heard was the wind and the rustling of the leaves. When he was sure everything was ok, Tatsumi laid back down against the tree.
 
“Must be my imagination.” Tatsumi muttered to himself and closed his eyes again. In a tree not too far away, Raven watched Tatsumi lying against a tree. Raven was beginning one of her hunts, when she spotted the boy walking into the park and decided to follow him. All the boy did was stare at the moon and lie against a tree. She waited to see if he was “one of them”, but he never turned. It was hard to tell sometimes, they usually come out during full moons and seeing a boy out in the park this late at night was fishy.
 
Raven decided to provoke him and see if he would change. If he was `one of them' she'd kill him and if not, then she would erase his memory. But before she could do anything, the boy jumped up and went into a martial arts stance. Raven kept perfectly still, as the boy listened for the slightest movement. When he felt he was safe, the boy returned to his spot on the ground. Raven wasn't sure if he was “one of them”, but it looked like he'd done some martial arts training, she decided to provoke him now and see if she could at least get a street fight out of him.
 
Raven was about to go down and challenge him, when a howl pierced the air. Raven froze and boy jumped up again. The boy looked around and began to walk off. When Raven was sure it was safe, she leapt out of the tree and ran towards where she heard the howl. Raven smiled as she pulled out her kunai and ran into the night. The hunt was on!
****
Raven continued to run, blending into the shadows as her master had taught her. Taking an alley way, Raven jumped against one of the walls and began to triangle jump off them until she reached the roof of the building.
 
`The howl came from this area, where could it be?' Raven thought to herself and then she heard a woman scream. Raven ran towards the scream and leapt to another building and then another, praying that she wasn't too late. The woman screamed again, this time it was louder. Raven stopped and silently made her way to the edge of the building she was on. Raven peered down into the alley and saw something that made her heart stop. A young woman in her early twenties was backed up into a dead end by a pack of werewolves. Seeing the woman shake and cry as the werewolves advanced on her made Raven relive a personal nightmare for a brief moment, when the woman's voice brought her back to reality.
 
“Please don't kill me, just let me go.” The woman begged and the wolves laughed at her.
 
“We won't kill you yet; we just want to have a little fun, that's all.” Said the biggest wolf, probably the alpha male, Raven knew from personal experience that werewolves loved the smell of fear; it made the hunt more exciting. Well, Raven also loved the smell of fear; it made her hunts more exciting too, especially when she was the cause of the fear.
 
“Somebody help me!” Screamed the woman and the wolves began to laugh again.
 
“Nobody's coming babe, so just scream your lungs out, at least until we rip them out that is.” The alpha said, as he and the five others with him began to surround the woman. Now was the time to act, Raven dove off the building and threw something at the wolves. It exploded in a cloud of black smoke and everyone began to cough and choke in agony. Raven landed in a flip and grabbed the woman. The woman began to scream as Raven lifted her over her shoulder and jumped over the wolves. Raven carried the woman to the entrance of the alley way and set her down.
 
“Run, get the hell out of here and don't come back !” Raven ordered and the woman nodded before taking off.
 
“Thank you!” The woman shouted as she ran away.
 
`At least she said thank you.' Raven thought to herself, as she walked back into the alley. The smoke bomb should have been wearing off about now and Raven pulled out her kunai. One of the wolves was recovering, when Raven rushed it and stabbed it straight in the heart. The werewolf let out a cry of pain, as its blood gushed from the wound.
 
The wolf was trying to remove the kunai so Raven did a round house kick and jammed the kunai further into the wolf's body. This time, the wolf howled in pain, as it crashed to ground and died. Raven watched, as the wolf reverted to a man, a white male. Raven jumped on to the roof and waited for the rest of the wolves to recover, as she assessed the situation. The fact that he was a white male meant that he was from Europe or America. The fact that the werewolves Japanese was so good mean that they head been around for a century or two. As Raven continued to ponder, the other werewolves finally recovered from the smoke bomb.
 
<“Jack!” >The alpha said with an English accent, as he held his former pack mate. <“Jack, speak to me!”>
 
<“He's dead you idiot, I killed him.”> Raven calmly informed the leader in English. The alpha and the four other wolves looked up and growled menacingly at Raven. Raven leapt back as the five remaining werewolves jumped onto the building. The five wolves spread out and surrounded the girl. In the moon light, the wolves could see what she was wearing. The girl was covered from head to toe in black, had a red scarf tied around her neck, and a pair katana strapped to her back.
 
“What's this, some little bitch playing at being a ninja?” The alpha growled out. “You're little tricks won't save you now.” Raven looked at the wolf and snorted in disgust.
 
“You done trying to scare me or are you gonna fight?” Raven asked in a bored voice.
 
“Get her!” The alpha shouted as he and the other four wolves tried to jump her, but Raven disappeared from sight. The five wolves stopped in front of each other and looked around.
 
“Where the hell did she go?” Asked one of the wolves and then screamed in pain as a kunai was embedded into its heart, the werewolf collapsed to the ground and died. The four reaming werewolves stood back to back as they waited for the next attack. They didn't have to wait long, because another smoke bomb exploded where they were standing.
 
The werewolves staggered and chocked, as they swiped the air in front of them. Raven appeared in behind two of them and rammed her katana into the werewolves' hearts. The wolves dropped to the ground and coughed up blood before dying. Raven heard a growl and turned slightly to see the flashing of claws in the moonlight. The werewolf's claws hit Raven, but instead of tearing flesh, the claws tore into wood.
 
“It's called Art of Substitution.” Raven's voice informed the perplexed werewolf. He stared at the wooden dummy before he realized it was too late. The werewolf felt pain for a moment and then nothing, as its head rolled away from it body.
 
`Just one more,' Raven thought to herself as she watched to last wolf, the alpha. It seemed he had recovered a lot quicker than she thought he would. It was time to finish this. The alpha finally got his vision and sense of smell back. His eyes confirmed what his nose had told him, his pack mates were dead. For the past three centuries he and his pack mates had roamed the world doing and taking what ever they wanted and in one night, they were all dead.
 
“All dead,” The alpha mumbled and then looked at the ninja in front of him, the moonlight clearly showed the blood that covered her outfit and weapons. For the first time in three hundred years the sight of blood sickened him. “You killed them all!” The alpha roared and then charged the ninja. The ninja met his charge and the battle was on. Raven slashing with her katana and the werewolf with his claws. The werewolf couldn't believe that he wasn't even laying a scratch on her, no human was that fast.
 
Suddenly, the alpha's back was on fire, it felt as if someone had stuck a thousand needles into his body. He screamed in pain and tried to dislodge whatever was cutting in to him. Then he felt more pain, this time in shoulders and calves and fell to the ground driving whatever it was deeper into his back, the. The werewolf stared at the moon, while his body was burning. The smell of burning flesh met his nostrils, only silver could do that to one such as him, it also was the reasons his pack mates were dead.
 
The ninja appeared in front of him and stared down, her bloody katana gleamed in the moonlight. “You bitch…” The werewolf growled and tried to reach for her, but the pain in his body was too much. A foot appeared out of nowhere and stepped on the kunai sticking in his left shoulder. The werewolf closed his eyes and screamed as the silver dagger was plunged deeper into his shoulder. When he his eyes, two more ninjas had appeared next to the first. “So you had help, figured you could take us on by yourself.” The lead ninja sheathed her katana and removed her mask; the other two did the same. The werewolf was shocked with what he saw; they all had the same face, the same long black hair that fluttered in the wind.
 
“What if I told you that you were beaten by one person? Well, you were, it's called the Art of the Doppelganger. I can make copies of myself and they do my bidding, but if any of them die I don't feel a thing.” The ninja told him and to prove her point, the other two ninja seemed to melt into her and then there was only one. The ninja reached into a pocket and pulled out a hand drawn picture of a man. The man was bald and had a nasty scar going across his face. “I'm looking for a werewolf by the name of Marcus, if you tell me where he is then I'll let you live.” The ninja told him calmly.
 
“You killed my pack mates and expect me to give you answers, why should I?” The ninja slammed her foot down on one of the kunai in his legs, the wolf screamed in agony.
 
“I killed your pack mates because you were going to rape and kill that woman, like all your kind do!” The ninja said angrily and slammed her foot on the kunai in his other leg causing more pain. “I can drag this out for a very long time, but if you cooperate, I'll set you free.”
 
“I do know that he's a nasty piece of work, even we didn't mess with him, but I don't know him, I swear!” The ninja pulled out her katana and the werewolf continued, “But I do know someone, who might help you, his name is D and if it's supernatural, he's the guy to talk to.”
 
“And where can I find this D?” The ninja asked.
 
“Right here in Odaiba, he owns a club called Transformations, I swear that's all I know.” The ninja thought for a minute.
 
“Is D a werewolf like you?” The werewolf shook his head.
 
“No, he's a vampire.” That surprised the ninja, but she was prepared to take down a vampire if necessary. Besides, she would rid the world of all the creatures of the night.
 
“Thanks for the information.” The ninja told him and raised her katana over her head.
 
“But you promised to set me free!” The werewolf struggled violently to move, but his body would not respond.
 
“But I am going to set you free. I won't kill you yet; I just want to have a little fun, that's all.” The ninja said sweetly and then sliced the wolf across his chest. The wolf screamed as she began to cut all over his body.
 
“Somebody help me!” The wolf screamed and the ninja laughed, as she raised her katana over her head.
 
“Nobody's coming babe, scream your lungs out.” The ninja brought the katana down and the werewolf's scream turned into a most god awful howl that could be heard all over Odaiba. The ninja looked at her work and sighed, still no new leads on her quarry, but at least she'd rid the world of more monsters. It was getting late, so Raven decided to go home, she could use a much needed shower and a change of clothes. There was also the matter of dealing with the vampire D and seeing what kind of information he had. Without another thought, Raven walked over to the nearest shadow and stepped into it, disappearing into the night.
****
All across Odaiba, any dog that had heard the dying howl of the werewolf let out a howl of their own. Tatsumi gasped and sat up in bed, after hearing the strange howl from earlier, he decided to try to go back to bed. Peaceful sleep had finally embraced him, when he heard the howling. There was something about the howling that made Tatsumi sad, as if to tell him that someone had died. Tatsumi tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't. Sighing, he lay back down and stared out of his window.
 
There were times in his life where Tatsumi had heard the howling of dogs and told his brother that someone had died. His brother laughed of course, until the next day when bodies appeared on the news and in the paper. His brother would ask how he knew and Tatsumi would always reply that the dogs had told him. As he continued to think, sleep took over again and then everything went black.
****
Tatsumi awoke the next morning to the sound of his alarm clock going off. He raised his fist and pounded the clock silent, before trying to return to dreamland.
 
“Wake up sleepy head, its time to get moving!” Said the cheerful voice of Tatsumi's older brother; Tatsumi opened his red eyes and stared at his brother, as he opened the blinds to his room and sucked in a deep breath.
 
`No one should be this cheerful in the morning.' Tatsumi thought to himself. “Go away.” Tatsumi grumbled and pulled his covers back over his head.
 
“You do remember that you start school today don't you?” Tatsumi's brother asked. Tatsumi let out a defeated sigh and rose from his bed. “Get dressed and I'll drive you to school.” Tatsumi's brother told him before he left.
 
“Time to get moving.” Tatsumi told himself and headed for the bathroom. 15 minutes later, Tatsumi was down stairs and heading for the front door when he heard a half growl, half snore emit from one of the rooms `Jimmy must still be asleep,' Tatsumi thought to himself, `Better not wake him.' Quickly leaving the house, Tatsumi opened the passenger's side door to his brother's brown 4X4, got in and closed the door.
 
“I packed you lunch.” Tatsumi's brother told him, as he drove and handed him a lunch bag.
 
“Thanks, wha'cha gonna do after you drop me off?” Tatsumi asked.
 
“Well, I'm going to try to wake up Jimmy without getting killed and if I live, I'm going to go open the dojo.” He explained, “You do know the way home, don't you?” Tatsumi nodded.
“You were up last night weren't you?” It was more a statement than a question. Tatsumi nodded again. “The police found six bodies in an alley and on a roof. They were all brutally murdered. Apparently they tried to rape and kill a woman; she claims that she was saved by a ninja.” Tatsumi's brother explained.
 
“Now get this, the woman claimed that they were all werewolves if you can believe that nonsense, but the muggers had no wolf masks. Now here's the twist, the weapons that were used to kill the muggers were all made out of silver.” Tatsumi's brother shook his head. “I swear we are dealing with nuts these days. Jimmy I can believe, ninja I can believe, and even Digimon, but werewolves, give me a break!”
 
“I heard the dogs howl, they said that somebody had died.” Tatsumi said quietly.
 
“Yeah, well, the dogs were right, where were you last night anyway?”
 
“I was at the park. I heard some dogs howling and decided to go back home.” Tatsumi explained; the elder brother was quiet for a moment before he spoke.
 
“If you want to stare at the moon, could you please do it at home; until they catch this nut, I don't want you out so late.” Tatsumi didn't feel like arguing with his brother.
 
“I promise.”
 
“They found the bodies a few blocks away from the park.” Tatsumi looked at his brother's serious expression. “I mean it, don't stay out so late.” Tatsumi's brother stopped the 4X4 at the entrance of the school. “Well, see you later Tsunami.” That was Tatsumi's nick name, Tsunami.
 
Tsunami stared at his older brother. There was a noticeable difference between them. Tsunami was 5ft9 to his brothers 5ft8. Tsunami had short black hair, while his brother's hair was brown and in a pony tail. Tsunami's eyes were grey, while his brother's were brown. Tsunami eyebrows were black, while his brother's were a little bushy. Tsunami's personality was also different from his brother's. Tsunami was calm and quiet, while his brother was a showoff, arrogant, and prone to crying, which is what he was doing right now. Tsunami's brother hugged him tightly, as he cried waterfall tears.
 
“Get offa me you loon!” Tsunami shouted and elbowed him upside the head before getting out of the truck and slamming the door.
 
“Have a good day at school.” Tatsumai's brother waved from the truck, “Try to make lots of friends and then bring them over to the dojo!” With that said, Tsunami's brother sped off.
 
“Man, I hate it when he does that.” Tsunami let out a frustrated sigh, as he entered the school, ignoring all the stares and snickers of students who'd seen the exchange of brotherly love.
****
Taiko Kisaragi sighed as she entered the school gates. She ignored the stares of the students as she entered the school and headed for her class. “I hate it when they stare.” Taiko muttered to herself.
****
Inside the school, Tsunami went to the bathroom to check his appearance. Looking at himself in the mirror, Tsunami really liked the way his uniform looked. A grey uniform, with black buttons and black shoes made up the repertoire. As he continued to look at himself, Tsunami went over what his brother had told him. Again, he was right about people dying. He always wondered how he knew; there were many things that Tsunami wanted to know. If he could only remember who he was before the accident and why he had a strange scare on his chest, things would be much clearer. “Kami, please let me have a good day today.” He whispered to himself, Tsunami really didn't feel like answering questions today.
 
Tsunami sighed and turned around, only to run into someone. Well, three persons really and they all screamed of bully. They all had that tough guy hair cut that you see in anime and they wore their uniforms rather sloppily. Tsunami took a few steps back and the three bullies left enough space not to be in his face, but also block the exit.
 
“Can I help you?” Tsunami asked, the three bullies chuckled a bit. `That's right, drop your guard.' Tsunami inwardly smiled, but kept a neutral expression on his face. The leader, the one who was in the middle spoke.
 
“Yeah, we noticed that you're new here, so we decided to help get you settled in.”
 
“That's nice of you,” Tsunami said cheerfully. “Can you tell me where the first year class is?” Tsunami asked the leader.
 
“Yeah, we could do that, but you see, we really need some money and wonder if you could spare a few yen? Say, all you got.”
 
“Well, that really is a problem, I really need my money for bus fare and so on; so I guess the answer is no.” The leader didn't like this and his face showed it. “Look, this has been fun, but would you please get out of my so I can go to class.”
 
“Kick his ass!” The leader shouted and all three of them tried to rush Tsunami. Tsunami just sighed.
 
“You asked for it, CYCLONE KICK!” There was a slight breeze and a flash of movement from Tsunami and the three punks were slammed into the opposite wall and fell to the floor groaning in pain. Tsunami stood there and looked down at the three punks. “Man that was weak. I didn't even work up a sweat and I missed my morning exercises too.” Tsunami complained and walked over to the three punks and took their money. “I don't usually do this, but… I'll make an exception in you guys case.” The bell rang and Tsunami cursed, “This ain't no way to make an impression, got to go!” With that, Tsunami left the punks lying in the bathroom.
****
Meanwhile in the class room, D was reading the morning paper.
 
`Six men dressed as werewolves were killed last night after trying to kill a woman.' D thought to himself. `They must have been killed by a werewolf hunter; I'll go by the police station after school.' As he continued to read, D felt a familiar weight settle across his back and a familiar pair of arms wrap around his waist.
 
/Hey babe, Wha'cha reading?/ Jun telepathically asked D. D smiled to himself. Just like D, Jun was a vampire and also his girlfriend.
 
/Just reading about what happened last night./ Jun frowned.
 
/You don't think has anything to do with what happened to…/
 
/Don't even think it! Just because Matt has disappeared doesn't mean he's…/ D couldn't even finish his sentence.
 
/Yeah just because that idiot disappeared doesn't mean he's dead!/ Tai told them, Jun and D looked at him. /I know it would take more than a werewolf hunter to get rid of Matt, he's just too damn stubborn./
 
/Tai's right D, Matt is probably still feeling bad after what happened at Transformations.”/ Said Izzy, as he joined the conversation.
 
/Well it serves Matt right,/ Said Mimi, as she joined in. /Matt could have killed Sora and Kari, he shouldn't show his face to us!/
 
/Mimi!/ Scolded Izzy, Mimi crossed her arms over her chest and huffed.
 
/Well, that's the way I feel Izzy!/
 
/Uhm, well, in a way, Matt did help me and Kari become closer to the men we love./ Sora said, trying to defend her friend and placed a hand on Tai's shoulder. /Plus he's still my friend and I forgive him./ Sora looked at Mimi, /You should forgive him too, we all should./ Everyone was mentally silent for a moment when D spoke.
 
/All things considering, I want you all to be on your guard. Just because this person or persons killed a couple werewolves doesn't mean that they'll just stop with werewolves; understand?/ D asked and everyone nodded. Jun took D's hand in hers and gave it a squeeze; it helped ease some of his tension. Just like Jun and D, Tai, Mimi, and Izzy were all vampires. Sora and Kari however, had become Were, but not werewolves like Matt. Sora was a wereraven and Kari was a werecat. The bell rang, signaling the start of school and everyone took their seats.
****
“Before we begin class, I was going to introduce a new student, but since he has decided not to show up we will…” The door opened and a boy walked into the room.
 
“Am I late?” Tsunami asked.
****
Davis sighed as he watched TK and Kari, they really did look good together, but it still hurt a little to see them together. How many times had he tried to express his love for her and never worked up the courage. It was an insult in a way; he was the Digidestined of Courage! Davis turned his attention to Yolei and Ken, they were going out. Cody was going out with Noriko and even Joe had a love, a crazy girl from England. It seemed that he was the only one who would never find a love. Kari was now out of his reach.
 
As Davis worked on his drawing of V-mon, he thought back to that night at Transformations, when everything went to hell. To make a long story short, Matt turned into a werewolf and went ballistic on everyone in the club. Hell, everyone at the club was a Were-something, even some of his best friends! Matt fought Tai, Mimi, Izzy, and D who were all vampires and scratched Sora and Kari when they tried to help.
 
Before things got even worse, D put up a barrier that threw Matt out of the club, just as Sora and Kari turned into were creatures. It turned out that being a were creature had “side effects”, outgoing Sora became shy, Matt's anger had increased, and Kari had become blunt about her emotions where TK was involved. Davis hoped that it was temporary, but it never went away.
 
Finally, Davis could stand it no more and told Kari that he loved her. It hurt so bad when Kari told him that she didn't love him, that she just “Wanted to be Friends”. His heart crushed, Davis became depressed and lashed out at everyone who tried to help him, going so far as to lash out at Jun, who had also become a vampire and D's girlfriend. It got so bad that Davis ran away from home. Of course what he did next really pissed everyone off and Davis really found out just how much his friends really meant to him.
 
With their help, Davis was finally getting better and he even took up drawing. Davis finally ended his grudge against TK and made up with his sister. Davis also promised D and TK that if they didn't keep Jun and Kari happy, he'd kill them. It still hurt, but as long as Kari was happy, it was okay. Still, Davis wished that Jun hadn't called their cousin to help him on his road to recovery. Thank kami they hadn't said anything to his parents, but when his cousin found out, she would be pissed; still, it would be good to see her again.
 
`It's finished.' Davis thought to himself with a smile. The picture of V-mon was really good. The bell rang and everyone took their seats. Davis ignored the drone of the teacher, as he continued to look over his drawing. The teacher motioned for a person to come into the classroom.
 
“Now class, I'd like to introduce Miss Taiko Kisaragi…” Davis heard nothing after her name as he stared the girl in front of him.
 
“Who is that?” Davis whispered to himself.
 
To be continued
 
Hyperman: And that is the end of Chapter one. A really big thanks to DigiRanma for letting use D and his characters. If you want to know more about D read The Freak, Taming D and anything else that DigiRanma wrote. I really need to read A Drive through Nerima.
Can anyone guess who Tsunami's brother is? It should be easy with all the hints I dropped. The person who guesses correctly will get their character put into my story. BUT ONLY IF YOU SEND YOUR ANSWER THROUGH E-MAIL!!! IF I SEE IT IN THE REVIEWS SECTION, IT WILL BE DELETED!!! I'M NOT MAD AT ANYONE, I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE HAVING MY STORIES DELETED AGAIN.
Taiko Kisaragi and Raven were created by Phoenix_Hoshika, my editor and a fellow writer for this website.
I'll explain what Davis did in a later chapter.
I'm going to be making some major changes to Digimon Saga; I may delete the whole thing and start over or do something totally new with the characters.
 
Lady Devimon: Like anyone cares. Next time on Hunter's Moon, Tsunami and Taiko get to know the Digidestined.
 
Hyperman: questions or comments let me know.
 
Lady Devimon: Like anyone reads your crap!
 
Hyperman: -_- Okay, I'll put you in.
 
Lady Devimon: ^_^Yay!
 
Hyperman: (Sighs) By the way, if you have a request fight for Hyperman's Mega Battle Arena, drop me a line at Goldflamedramon@yahoo.com