Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Awaken ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Zero slammed into the wall. It echoed down the hall but it was a short echo. Ceres looked at Zero, surprised and shocked. Zero slid down the wall and held his left arm in pain. Ceres went on her knees. She never meant to hurt him but…
 
“Are you alright Zero? I'm so sorry, I...”
 
She had no idea what to say. She covered her mouth with her hand. Ceres was extremely worried about Zero. But why was she worrying about him? Would he worry about her if she was hurt? Ceres rather doubted that he wouldn't care. But another question popped up in her head. Why was he following her? She was scared if he knew that she had remembered what happened. Zero tilted his head to the side. The suddenly slam had banged his head up for a while. He started to get a headache. He reached with his left arm but winced and let it fall to his side in pain again.
 
“I'm so sorry Zero. Can you move your arm?”
 
“No, I can't feel anything on my left side.”
 
“Here, I'll help you up then we can go to the Chairman and ask for some pain-relief”
 
Ceres went on Zero's right side, the side that wasn't harmed, and slung the arm around her neck. She then placed her left arm around his upper part of his back and helped him up. He was a little bit heavy but surprisingly she managed to stand up straight with him leaning on her shoulder. Ceres asked if he had enough strength to walk. He nodded back. Ceres asked where the Chairman was. He replied, saying that he was in the kitchen making dinner.
 
“Where is the kitchen from here?”
 
“Its all the way down this hall then turn left. Then 4 doors down, there should be a big room full of lights and smells.”
 
Zero was right. Ceres could smell the dinner all the way from here. It smelt good but something was off. Ceres started to walk. She was careful not to walk too fast so he didn't hurt himself or too slow that we could never reach the kitchen in time for his dinner. While they walked, Ceres felt his eyes watching her. Ceres wanted to ask why he was there at the time she slammed him but--
 
“I was trying to find you. The Chairman asked me to wake you up for dinner.”
 
“Huh?”
 
Zero looked away when Ceres looked at him. It seemed that Zero had somehow read Ceres's mind. But.. The rain had stopped, so there was no point in staying. It made sense but in a rude way, did it made sense. It seemed the rain had completely stopped falling. There was only the occasional drips of water from the gutter or the roof and puddle of water around the house. She stared outside the window. She wanted to tell someone so bad but… would Zero tell the Chairman. Would he, himself, try to wipe her memories again? But it would be futile effort. Why try something again if it didn't work the first time?
 
“Ceres”
 
Why, she'd be kicked out of the academy. Would she-- Ceres snapped back to reality. She shot her head up and turned to face Zero. He looked at her with those same eyes. Why? Ceres hadn't noticed that she stopped all so suddenly.
 
“Zero… if I tell you something, will you get mad at me?”
 
“W-What are you talking about? What are you saying?”
 
“Just… answer my question, please.”
 
She wasn't looking at him when she asked him the question. Why was she afraid to lose him? Why was she afraid to lose a… friend? She felt him shake his head. Ceres looked at him. His eyes sparkled kindness. For the first time in her life, she felt warmth. She felt warmth from a stranger's body. She looked down the hallway and tilted her head, smiling.
 
“I remember what Aidou did to me. Kaname hasn't wiped my memories…”
 
A smile crept up her face. It was such a sad smile, like a forced smile. She didn't want to talk about it. Making sure that her eyes could not be seen by Zero, she continued to walk. No words were said and no thoughts were thought. Was Ceres sad? No she wasn't. What made her into like this was the thought of her mother. Her mother taught her everything that was right and wrong without the use of punishment or spankings. Her mother also taught her how to look into someone's eyes to see the truth and lies. They finally arrived to the kitchen. Yuki was looking outside a window while the Chairman was making dinner. Yuki instantly turned around because she had saw the reflection of Zero and Ceres in the window. She gasped at her sight.
 
“Zero! What happened?!”