Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ *~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~* ❯ *~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~* Chapter 14 -Ace of Rod/Wands ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*~Summoner of Escaflowne's Mystic Eyes~*

Chapter 13

Ace of Rods- Beginning. Starting a project. Invention.

Was it all just a dream or maybe a vision? No, it was real. I talked to Van about what I've been doing back home and accidently let him know how much I still care. Then later in the night Merle and I woke Celena from a nightmare and I got the feeling there was something she wasn't telling us.

Van heaved a sigh as he forced himself to rise from his bed and get ready. Gone were the days when he could sleep well past dawn. He had new responsibilities to fulfill and could not shirk them. He stepped out onto his balcony like he did every morning and looked at the country surrounding him. This, he reminded himself, is what I work for. He still couldn't prevent a feeling of longing for the few days when he, Merle and a certain girl from the Mystic Moon wandered through Gaea, on a mission. He sighed again as he left his chamber and found a page to summon his councillors.

He entered the Full Council room and let his thoughts drift as he waited for the others to arrive. Unbidden, an image of the Hitomi he used to know and Hitomi as she was now floated through his mind. She had changed over the years, that much was obvious. But they weren't unpleasant changes at all. Gone was the awkwardness of a youth to be replaced by the grace of a woman. She had certainly grown more beautiful, if that was possible. A smile flitted across his face until he recalled the pain in her eyes when he talked to her last night. Her experience on Gaea had made a profound impact on her life, he knew. They had both missed each other deeply and Van knew he still loved his, despite the changes in her. He only hoped she felt the same and would decide not to leave him again.

However, he had no more time to continue his thoughts when the King's Councillors began coming in the door to take their respective seats. When they were all present and accounted for Van began the meeting by reminding them that a twister had devastated a large part of the country not long ago. Hopefully, that would prevent them from bringing up the topic of marriage and they could discuss ideas to implement while he entertained dreams of living with Hitomi...forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"..Our story is rather complicated. We hoped to start anew when we were given this chance at a new life." stated Eriya, hoping the elder would take her hint and decide to stop questioning them.

"I see that it is difficult for you to speak of it and that is why I hesitated to ask you about it until now. Shall I tell you why the information you know may be so important?" asked Jouchou.

The two cat girls nodded eagerly, happy to put off the questions that would surely come soon.

"I have seen many strange things in my life and as you know, I often call upon the Great Ones to help me see the correct path to follow."

"Not long ago, perhaps a day or so, the Great Ones showed me a terrifying vision. Humans were enslaved all around Gaea and people, such as our own, took their places. Those who were sympathetic to the plight of the humans were killed. When I asked the Great Ones what they meant by showing me such a terrible sight they told me that what I had see would be the future. They branded a mark upon my hand, telling me that the mark would tell me when I found the people who would prevent that future from happening. The Great Ones also told me that I must seek the aid of the Dragon and join the Four. I know not who the Four are but when I saw you two today I knew you played a vital role in Gaea's future. So..." he trailed off.

"We understand, Jouchou, and we realize the importance of your mission."

"We have but one request to make. We would like to have some time to think about what you have told us." continued Eriya.

"Very well. I shall give you sometime to think while I decide what else the Great Ones meant. But I warn you that time grows short and we must act quickly."

The twins nodded their assent before leaving the tent and Jouchou to his thoughts.

"You know what this means, don't you sister?" hissed Nariya.

"Yes, we must seek out the Dragon King." whispered her sister quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The guard looked down on the withered old man in disgust. This creature should have died long ago and freed people of the burden of caring for him.

*Bring him in and if you harm the creature in anyway you shall pay.* came an icy voice in the guard's head that made him start.

He shuddered before swinging the man on his shoulder and trekking back to the camp. As the guard walked back to the camp he thought about Their strange powers. He was afraid to even think of their names for fear that they'd discover the turn his thoughts were taking.

He broke through the brush that surrounded the clearing moments before the old man began to stir and dropped him unceremoniously outside Sou and Seiji's tent. He quickly retreated to allow the siblings to interrogate the prisoner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun shone down brightly upon Hitomi's golden head as she stretched out in the garden. She had decided to go for a run this morning, it always helped her think clearly and right now the was what she needed to do. She needed to get Van out of her mind. Images of him filled her every waking moment and when she tried to push thoughts of him aside they just came flooding back stronger than before.

Merle raised her hand to shield her eyes from the glaring sun. Gazing out across the landscape she could see the people in the city scurrying about, like thousands of tiny ants, on various errands of their own. If she looked farther out she could see the efforts Van had taken to help reconstruct the parts of the city that were most damaged by the cyclone. But the sight Merle found most interesting was just below her. Hitomi ran, as if for her life, on a wide track that went round the woods behind the palace.

As an idea popped into her mind, Merle leapt down from her perch with cat-like grace and landed beside the path not far in front of where Hitomi ran.

Grinning mischievously the cat girl called out as Hitomi passed, "No matter how fast or how much you run, you know that's not gonna make him go away!"

Hitomi skidded to a stop and turned to glare at the feline girl. "Who are you talking about?" she questioned, hoping to sound ignorant of Merle's implication.

"You know who I'm talking about! I'm talking about Lord Van!" replied the cat-girl loudly.

Hitomi turned bright red as she imagined all the heads that turned in her direction after Merle's last remark. She then lifted her head to glare at Merle, her emerald eyes flashing with irritation. "I'm gonna get you, you little cat!" she called out, launching herself at a giggling Merle.

Merle let out a little yelp before she ran with all her strength, to evade Hitomi's grasp. She laughed out, at the thought of what kind of scene they must make, two well bred 'ladies' running around the palace.

Hearing the orange and black cat-girl's laugh further infuriated Hitomi and she lunged forward, catching Merle by the legs. The two landed with a thud and looked up to see two well worn boots in front of them and a deep voiced chuckle emerging from the owner of the boots. Then another pair of boots appeared followed by the hem of a dress. Lastly a set of sneakers came into view and the two girls found themselves surrounded by their friends. All of them restrained their laughter, which danced in their eyes, all except Van who lost control and could not stop his chuckling.

"So you think this is funny too?" asked Hitomi before she could begin to think consciously.

"Actually I have no idea what any of this is about. But the way you two tore through the palace, I'd be surprised if someone wasn't amused." replied the young king, a smile gracing his face and dancing in his eyes. For the first time in years he felt some of the shackles of leadership fall from his shoulders as he took time to laugh with his friends. "So what was this about?"

Hitomi again turned red and clamped her hand over Merle's mouth before she could reply and hastily replied, "Uh...nothing really. Merle and I were just... talking and got a little...uh...carried away, that's all." As she edged toward the door, still restraining Merle, her hand slipped from the girl's mouth and the girl quickly cried out, "That's not-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm sorry it took so long!! Really I am. I just couldn't remember what happened next and I lost the file too! Well since I finally found out what happened to Naryia and Eriya their little history will be revealed soon! Thanx toKw11quidditch and Jojo! Well anyway u kno wat 2 do!! Ta ta!!

~*~IndianBabeIII~*~

~*~"I'm not weird, I'm just unique."~*~