Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of the Night ❯ Exchange of Blood part 2 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you for the apology Fiby. I just have a problem with people not asking politely honestly. I update when it is convenient for me and nothing changes that. On a lighter note, I bought Queen of the Damned and got the soundtrack from a friend. Yay for me. Thanks for being patient everyone.

**************

"W…What? He…What are you….?" Van stuttered.

Hitomi looked at the floor, the wall, anywhere but him.

"But you were a sacrifice for the Blood Goddess."

Hitomi nodded.

"So…you're saying my father offered you to the goddess?"

"Yes."

"But….But he didn't believe in that. You're lying!" he shouted.

Hitomi clenched her eyes shut and gripped the covers tightly, tears spilling down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry Van but…I'm not lying."

"Yes you are! God I can't believe I fell in love with you!" he shouted before running out the door.

Hitomi looked at the door in despair. "But Van that's exactly why I didn't tell you." she murmured. "Because I love you." And with that, Hitomi let herself break down and cry.

*********

Two hours later, Van was sitting at the dinner table with Folken and his mother. Hitomi had yet to appear and a maid had been sent back to get her. He had felt horrible for yelling at her. Honestly, he never really knew much about his father in his position. All the things the late Fanel had done had escaped Van's attention at that point of time, he hadn't really cared about the Fanel legacy.

Fifteen minutes had passed and neither the maid nor Hitomi had showed up.

"Van? Where is your guest?" asked Varie.

"I sent a maid for her but she should be here by now. I'll go check on them." Folken said monotonously.

"It's my guest I'll do it." said Van standing.

"Why don't you both go?" asked Varie.

**********

Halfway there, an unearthly scream filled the hallways. The two of them promptly rushed to Hitomi's room to figure out the cause of the ruckus. The stench of blood was overpowering as they opened the door.

"Hitomi?" asked Van stepping into the room.

Van's eyes immediately went to the body of a maid he had never seen before. The head had been severed from the body. Eyes wide, he looked at Hitomi who was staring at the body with cold eyes, her hand on a dagger buried between her ribs. She coughed and grimaced at the blood rushing down her chin. She rubbed the red liquid off her chin and looked to Van, her green eyes silent accusing him.

"You didn't have to send an assassin after me because I told you the truth." she said wheezing.

"What?! I didn't." Van said adamantly.

She looked over at Folken who shook his head. "She was a new servant I didn't see the harm in sending her."

"Figures." Hitomi said coughing up more blood. She smiled bitterly. "Guess I'll finally get the peace I longed for."

Van rushed over to her. "No you aren't going to die."

"She punctured my lung Van. I'm dying."

"You saved my life and now, I will save yours."

He took her discarded sword she had beheaded the woman with and cut his wrist.

"Drink." he said holding it to her mouth.

She shook her head. "If I drink, I will become like you."

"Please Hitomi. I'm sorry about what I said. I didn't mean it. I just couldn't believe what you said."

"I'm so sorry. Please, please drink for me."

"Why? Why should I?"

"Because I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to court you properly and I want to take away all your sadness."

"Oh Van, if only you could. I'm tired of being alone."

"You would not be alone. You would have my brother by your side and you would have Mother and I as well." said Folken.

Hitomi looked over at Folken, choking back tears.

"Really?"

Folken nodded.

"Thank you." she said before latching onto Van's wrist, drinking her fill.

While she was distracted, Van pulled out the knife and wrapped the wound, watching as his blood started to take affect, healing the wound.

"Enough." he said softly pulling his hand away.

Hitomi laid back and started to shiver.

"Hold her down." stated Folken.

Van did as told and watched in worry as she started to thrash and cry out.

"It hurts Van!!! Please make it stop!!!" she screamed.

Van watched as she bit down on her lip with her newly formed fangs, making it bleed.

"Give her something else to bite on." Folken stated. "She's hurting herself too much."

Van nodded before sticking his wrist in her mouth. He watched as she eagerly lapped up at the pinpricks her teeth had created. Newly made vampires were known to have large bloodlust phases at first. Van just hoped that it wouldn't last for too long.

********

It had taken over half an hour to get Hitomi settled in her bed, fast asleep.

"Are you going to tell Mother?" asked Van, closing Hitomi's door.

"No. I think I'll leave that to you."

"Alright." Van started to head towards his room, but stumbled.

Folken braced him.

"Thanks. I guess I gave her too much blood."

"It would appear so."

And then, all Van saw was black.

Night of the Raven