Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Angel ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 10

"So." Angel looked at the group of boy in front of her. "Do you mind telling me who you guys are?" She dropped her bag on the floor, creating a loud bang.

The boys jumped at sudden noise. The one who had answered the door closed it before rejoining the others.

"Yes, hello." A cheerful smile lit up the face of the boy with sheep hair. "I'm Guimel. How do you know Chesta?"

"He-" Angel started.

"Rather not say." Chesta interrupted.

Angel glared at Chesta. "He picked me up when I first got here."

"I'm Gatti." The boy from the door said as he stuck out a hand. "Pleased to meet you."

"Pleasure." Angel smiled and shook his hand.

"Miguel." The boy in the black shirt stood up and crossed the room. He jumped up and gracefully pulled himself onto the top bunk of the bed against the right wall.

"Nice to meet you." Angel smiled at Miguel. She turned to the last boy. "And you are?"

He seemed nervous as he stood up and took her hand. "My name is Dalet." He said as he kissed her hand.

"Dalet?" A smile crept across Angel's face as she recognised the name. This was the guy who'd knocked her out. He must be trying to charm his way out of this. Angel thought. Well that won't work on me. She pulled her hand out of his grasp and slapped Dalet. "That's for knocking me out."

"I deserved it." Dalet said as he straightened up, completely unfazed by the slap. "I hope I didn't hurt you."

"No, I'm fine." Angel said. "And I guess I was being annoying. Lets just forget it ever happened, okay?"

"Alright." Dalet sat back down on the bed. "So, what are you doing here?"

"Hopefully getting a place to stay."

"Right. Well…" Dalet trailed off as he remembered something. "Hey, didn't Lord Folken call you his sister?"

"Uh, yeah." Angel hung her head. "That's what he says. I actually don't remember any of my life here. Folken said I disappeared when I was five." She looked back up. "And that's when I was adopted on Earth."

"Earth?" Guimel asked. "Where's that?"

"That'd be the big planet in the sky." Angel waved an arm at the window.

"What?!" The five boys stared at Angel shocked.

"Yeah, that's where I live."

"The Mystic Moon?" Chesta asked.

"Yep." Angel started feeling nervous under the stares of the others. "So, uh, where can I put my stuff?" That shook the boys out of their shock.

"Well, there's a spare bed under Dalet." Gatti said. "You can have that if you like."

"I'll hang some blankets over the edge so you can have some privacy." Dalet said as he jumped up to the top bunk of the bed in front of the window. He pulled off his own blankets and hung them over the edge, creating a cave-like bed below him. "There you go."

"Thanks." Angel said smiling.

"Here, let me get your bag." Chesta reached down and grabbed the bag, but stumbled under its weight. It actually wasn't heavy, it was just heavier than he had expected. "What do you have in here?"

"Not much." Angel frowned and picked up her bag. "Just some clothes, food and…my presents! I forgot all about those!" She unzipped her bag and dumped it contents out on the floor. Aside from everything she had packed at her house, four packages and her sword also rolled out.

"Nice sword." Gatti said as her picked it up.

"Yeah, I got it yesterday as a birthday present." Angel smiled. "And I also got these." She put the rest of her stuff away and picked up the four parcels. "Now, what to open first."

"How about this one." Chesta held up a long thin box wrapped in purple paper.

"It from Ebony." Angel said as she looked at the card. "She's my best friend." She opened the box. Inside lay a beautiful black flute.

"It's beautiful." Chesta breathed as he looked over her shoulder.

"Ebony makes them." Angel whispered.

"Your friend made this?" Gatti asked surprised.

"Yep. She's really talented."

"Can you play?" Dalet asked.

"Yeah, Eb taught me." Angel lifted the flute out of its box and brought it to her lips. She gave an experimental blow and the soft note filled the air. Her fingers moved along the keys gracefully and the room filled with the sound of Greensleeves. By the end of the song all the Slayers in the room had gone silent and were caught up in the magical sound.

"That was…amazing." Guimel said in awe.

"Did you write that?" Chesta asked.

"No." Angel laughed. "It's a famous piece From Earth. I don't know who wrote it.."

"Oh." Chesta said disappointed.

"Open another." Dalet said jumping down from his bed. He grabbed a small box wrapped in green paper. "This one."

"Alright. From Zire…my other best friend." She tore into the package. Inside was a set of speakers and a Swiss Army Knife.

"What're those?" Gatti asked, a puzzled look on his face.

"These," Angel held up the speakers. "Are speakers. They…uh…sort of, um, let me hear music when I play it on my stereo. And this," she took out the knife. "Is a Swiss Army Knife. It's got a bunch of stuff in it, like a knife, scissors, a lighter, a flashlight and a bunch of other stuff." Angel took out some of the parts of her knife.

"Can I see?" Miguel asked.

"Sure, but…be careful." Angel tossed the knife to Miguel who caught it easily.

"Now open this gift." Chesta pushed a pink parcel to Angel.

"If it's pink, it's probably from Kitty, my brother's girlfriend."

"Folken has a girlfriend?" Gatti shrieked.

"Not Folken." Angel laughed. "Marcus, my brother on Earth. He's a real pain and his girlfriend is worse." Angel opened the parcel. It contained a box of make-up. "Oh, joy. Make-up. Figures Kitty'd give me something like this." Angel said sarcastically.

"What's so bad about make-up?" Dalet asked. "I thought girls liked that stuff."

"Not his girl. I almost never wear it." Angel said as she pushed the box away. "And that leaves this one." She picked up the last present. "It's from Kay…my other best friend."

"How many best friends do you have?" Miguel asked as he tossed the knife back.

"Only three." Angel caught the knife and, putting it in her pocket, she opened the present. It was an mp3 player! The player itself was blue with white buttons. "An mp3 player!" Angel screeched. "He got me an mp3 player! And it already has a bunch of songs on it!"

"What's an…mp3 player?" Guimel asked.

"It stores mp3's, songs, so that I can listen to them anytime."

"Can you show us?" Chesta questioned.

"Sure." Angel plugged the speakers into the players and randomly picked a song. "Try this."

Brittany Spears' Oops I Did It Again had barely started when Angel slammed the off button down. She looked up and saw that all the boys had their hands over their ears.

"What was that?" Dalet asked as he lowered his hands.

"Sorry," Angel replied sheepishly. "I don't know how that got on there. I really don't like Brittany Spears."

"Is that who was singing?" Chesta asked.

"Yeah, Zire probably put it on as a joke. Here," Angel searched through the songs. "Try this." She pressed play and Five's We Will Rock You started playing.

Buddy you're a boy

Make a big noise playing in the street

Gonna be a big man someday

You got blood in your face, big disgrace

Kicking your can all over the place

Singing we will, we will rock you

We will, we will rock you

The song continued playing and Angel stole a glance at the boys. She smiled, as they seemed to be enjoying it.

"Well," She asked as the song faded out. "Did you like it?"

"Not bad." Gatti said nodding.

"I like it." Guimel added.

"Is that what you call music on the Mystic Moon?" A mocking voice asked from the door. The six in the room spun around and saw Dilandau leaning against the doorframe. "It's pathetic."

"Like you can do better." Angel cried as she stood up her hand balling into fists.

"Is that a challenge?" Dilandau asked as he pulled himself up to his full height, a full head taller than Angel.

"Yeah. It is." Angel smirked.

"Angel…" Chesta pleaded.

"Stay out of this Chesta." Angel said. "This is between me and this jerk."

"Are you looking to get beat up?" Dilandau asked smugly.

"Only if you are." Angel replied just as smug.

"Fine." Dilandau pulled out his sword and was about to charge when Folken entered the room.

"Dilandau." Folken's stern voice rang through the room. "I will not have you fighting my sister."

"Relax." Angel said. "I can take him."

Folken showed no surprise. "If you want to fight, do it in the training room."

"Fine. Lets go." Dilandau sheathed his sword and left.

"Fine." Angel started to leave but was stopped by Dalet.

"Here." Dalet held out Angel's sword. "You'll need this. But be careful. Lord Dilandau's our commander. He's the best fighter in sword combat."

"Great." Angel said as she took the sword. "Not only am I fighting someone who's way more experienced than me, but I'm fighting with a weapon I've never used before."

"Angel." Folken placed a hand on her shoulder. "You don't have to fight."

"Hey, I owe him a punch."

"But-"

"I'll be fine. I already know how I'm going to beat him." With that Angel left the room. She followed Dilandau's retreating form to the training room, the room in which Dilandau had first hit her.

Dilandau walked to the other side of the mat and pulled out his sword, pointing it at Angel. Angel pulled her own sword out and glared at Dilandau, who glared back. The Dragonslayers formed a ring around the two teens and whispered among themselves about who would win.

Angel and Dilandau squared off as Gatti walked in-between them. He glanced at Angel, who nodded; she was ready. A quick glance at Dilandau confirmed the same thing. Gatti raised his arm.

"Begin!" He cried and dropped his arm.